07/31/21 - Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium

Powerage5

44 minutes ago, PeterNorth said:

These guys really know how to cr&p on their fans.  Rolling into the venue with merch trucks stating We’re F’N Back right next to the AFD 5 logo with Steven and Izzy.  It’s like Axl and Team Brazil know exactly what would really boost excitement and make them a real band again (not the current corporate version, which is the most glorified GNR cover band ever), but yet they are content to remain obstinate and enjoy pissing people off on purpose.

Nobody outside this forum complains about the use of the AFD cross. 

21 minutes ago, JAxlMorrison said:

I doubt 25% of the stadium even knows or cares who Steven and Izzy specifically are. 

Nobody knows who Steven or Izzy are. Izzy doesn’t even know who Izzy is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ixtlan said:

Give me some examples? Im curious. I haven’t heard any creative ideas on here yet. 

An acoustic section for one. They can also change up the order so it isn't the old song and dance from 5 years ago. Heck, how about making KOHD under 10 minutes!

1 minute ago, Coma16 said:

An acoustic section for one. They can also change up the order so it isn't the old song and dance from 5 years ago. Heck, how about making KOHD under 10 minutes!

I’ve heard the acoustic idea and that’s just a rehash of the UYI tour. That’s not new or creative. Even the stage is UYI but modern. Rearranging the setlist isn’t creative either. Without a new album there just isn’t anything creature that can be done with the tour.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ixtlan said:

I’ve heard the acoustic idea and that’s just a rehash of the UYI tour. That’s not new or creative. Even the stage is UYI but modern. Rearranging the setlist isn’t creative either. Without a new album there just isn’t anything creature that can be done with the tour.

You said there isn't much they can do to re imagine the tour. I gave 3 examples of how that's not true. I'd love a new album but that shouldn't hold them back from doing things differently, if they want to that is. Ultimately they should do what they want. It's their right, just as it is ours to discuss it.

• Like 1

I’m not unreasonable. Adding a new song (assuming they play it) and Pretty Tied Up as regulars would be enough to say they’re kind of trying. Not just one or both sporadically. Made them *regulars*. That small gesture would keep me checking up on these guys. As always I’m still rooting for these guys despite themselves.

Edited by sofine11

12 minutes ago, Ixtlan said:

Give me some examples? Im curious. I haven’t heard any creative ideas on here yet. 

'An Evening With GNR' could be a cool show, if they didn't have an opener but divided their show into 2 or 3 sets:

First set is just acoustic songs, then an intermission and maybe slight stage modification. Set two, deep cuts and new stuff. Final set is hits and fan favourites. 10-12 songs per set.

Or they could trim the show down to 2.5~ hours and rotate a bunch of songs every night - basically keep the 5-10 hits they "have to play" and all the other songs are ones that weren't played at the previous show. Maybe let fans vote on 3-5 songs they'd like to hear at every show.

They could do the "album in full" tour, whether it's AFD or a new album or whatever, again dividing the show into at least 2 sets with maybe some different stage designs or something. :shrugs:

• Like 1

I've got a concert to go to here in Detroit tonight, so I probably won't be keeping up on the setlist in real time. 

I hope everyone going has a great time tonight. It would be cool if they do bust out Hard School but if not, I just hope Axl sounds decent. If Axl doesn't sound decent, I hope the people at the show still have a good time. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

I still don’t get the whole Hardschool thing. 

Its a 20 year old song which hasn’t to do ANYTHING with the current incarnation of GNR. Just because its the only full unreleased song you have on your harddrive does not mean that it has any meaning to those guys who are hitting the stage tonight. Its just a shitty leftover from Axls former new Guns. Why on earth would Slash and Duff should play such a song, especially rather than any other new material they have created within the last four years?!

Seriously,I totally get why GNR are making fun and taking the piss on you guys who are screaming „Hardschool“ all the time. 

Edited by zigzagbigbag
  • Like 3

Just now, zigzagbigbag said:

Its a 20 year old song which hasn’t to do ANYTHING with the current incarnation of GNR. Just because its the only full unreleased song you have on your harddrive does not mean that it has any meaning to those guys who are hitting the stage tonight. Its just a shitty leftover from Axls former new Guns. Why on earth would Slash and Duff should play such a song, especially rather than any other new material they have created within the last four years?! 

Really, I totally get why GNR are making fun and taking the piss on you guys who are screaming „Hardschool“ all the time. 

How long have you been a GN'R Fan. Three months? 

1 minute ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Seriously,I totally get why GNR are making fun and taking the piss on you guys who are screaming „Hardschool“ all the time. 

The demo we heard is from 2000, but the song likely dates back to at least when Duff and Matt were still in the band.

3 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

30 years to be exact. 

OK. You should know that a lot time can pass between the writing & recording process, the live performances and the release date. 

Slash & Duff rejoined that pattern. 

Edited by Sosso