07/31/21 - Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium

Powerage5

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The demo we heard is from 2000, but the song likely dates back to at least when Duff and Matt were still in the band.

Ok, that is new to me. So it was written in 1995ish?

Anyway, if a 26 year old riff/song is the only thing this band is able to offer and some of you guys are praying for after a reunion which started five years ago … well …

4 minutes ago, Muddy said:

I’ve seen axl say that the song home sweet home by Motley Crue was what inspired November Rain . That song was released in 86 or 87 if I’m not mistaken.

I've read Interviews from Tracii and he said that Axl played the song to them in the early 80s.

When we were doing that EP for L.A. Guns, like ’83? He was playing “November Rain” — and it was called “November Rain” — you know, on piano. The guitar solo is amazing. Way back then. It was the only thing he knew how to play, but it was his. He’d go, “Someday this song is gonna be really cool.” And I’d go, “It’s cool now.” “But it’s not done”, you know, he used to say. And, like, anytime we’d be at a hotel or anywhere, there’d be a piano; he’d just kinda play that music. And I’d go, “When are you gonna finish that already”, you know? And he’d go, “I don’t know what to do with it. I need Moody’s help,” said Tracii Guns, founding member of Guns ‘N Roses about Axl Rose working on this song since at least 1983.

https://myrockmixtapes.com/2016/03/21/the-story-of-guns-n-roses-november-rain/

Edited by Sosso

The setlist will be almost identical to NITL with maybe a small bone thrown with pretty tied up, and hopefully hardschool. But 1 new song and 1 illusion cut is hardly much. They're a heritage act touring the classics and have been for 10 years solid. Don't get your hopes up.

RE hardschool. I don't get why people care when it was written. Has it been released to the public or on an album? No? Then it doesn;t mater if it was written yesterday or in 1995 or in 2000. It's a new song. Did you complain when November rain was on the illusions that Axl started writing it in 83/84?

It's not when these songs were written we should care about. it's the fact its 2021 and we might be hearing the first original piece of music played live since 2009, and it might only be 1 song. I've seen NITL 3x and GnR 12 times total. the last time was stale. To pay £100+ per ticket to go again I want a different show. 4/5 new songs, 4/5 unplayed deep cuts. that's changing the setlist. 

• Like 2

Just now, zigzagbigbag said:

Anyway, if a 26 year old riff/song is the only thing this band is able to offer and some of you guys are praying for after a reunion which started five years ago … well …

In July 1996, Duff mentioned they were working on a song for the next Jackie Chan movie, and Hardschool was later referred to as "Jackie Chan" by Axl. It's not too much of a stretch to think Duff was referring to the song that became Hardschool. I think Slash was out of the band by that point but who knows how far it really dates back. In 2015(?) Richard mentioned working on a song that Slash had "planted the seed for" or something like that...

5 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

As others have pointed out, it's really beside the point if a song was written yesterday or 26yrs ago, whether it's good or not should be the only concern. This song is also only ONE song that they've prepared that we've heard. Surprised that Slash didn't put more of a twist on it, but I'm gonna save my judgement until I hear a better quality clip with Axl singing and where I can properly hear the parts.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

In July 1996, Duff mentioned they were working on a song for the next Jackie Chan movie, and Hardschool was later referred to as "Jackie Chan" by Axl. It's not too much of a stretch to think Duff was referring to the song that became Hardschool. I think Slash was out of the band by that point but who knows how far it really dates back. In 2015(?) Richard mentioned working on a song that Slash had "planted the seed for" or something like that...

There is a mention in Matt's leaked book, too. He said they had a demo (still instrumental only then) of a song for the Jackie Chan movie, and Rick Rubin, was momentarily considered as producer, liked it.

• Like 1

I don’t care if a song was written in 1985 or 2017. I just don’t get all the screaming for Hardschool. Why don’t you scream for … let’s say … Just another Sunday?! 

Personally,  I expect those professional musicians, who are charging ridiculous prices for their shows and who have been together for half a decade by now, to offer something completely new and not some dusty old riffs. Hardschool is no Bohemian Rhapsody. Hardschool is no November Rain. Hardschool is a mediocre leftover from a band breaking up 25 years ago. 

Edited by zigzagbigbag

1 minute ago, zigzagbigbag said:

I don’t care if a song was written in 1985 or 2017. I just don’t get all the screaming for Hardschool. Why don’t you scream for … let’s say … Just another Sunday?! 

Personally,  I expect those professional musicians, who are charging ridiculous prices for their shows and who have been together for half a decade by now, to offer something completely new and not some dusty old riffs. Hardschool is no Bohemian Rhapsody. Hardschool is no November Rain. Hardschool is a medicore leftover from band breaking up 25 years ago. 

Because not everyone shares your opinion about that song. So simple is that. 

10 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Because we know hardschool will probably be played and maybe released at some point in the (near) future. Isn't that obvious?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Personally,  I expect those professional musicians, who are charging ridiculous prices for their shows and who have been together for half a decade by now, to offer something completely new and not some dusty old riffs. Hardschool is no Bohemian Rhapsody. Hardschool is no November Rain. Hardschool is a mediocre  leftover from band breaking up 25 years ago. 

But you do realize that, had Hardschool never leaked and this rehearsal was literally the first time you hear the song, you’d probably be hyping the shit out of it? If the song never leaked, you would never know when it was written or if it was done by a “dying band” or by Axl while taking a shit in his mansion.

Doesnt that ring a bell?

The rest of your post is trash btw, nobody is expecting a new Bohemian Rhapsody or a new November Rain.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 1