08/25/21 - San Jose, CA - SAP Center at San Jose

Powerage5

39 minutes ago, B5Redeye said:

Sold out? I don’t think a show had to be “sold out” to be considered a success.

I can tell you MetLife, which is a big venue, was packed when I was there.

They most likely got a lump sum for the tour. Some markets do extremely well and they pick up the slack of other markets.

Also Live Nation does not need a sell out to turn a profit. That would be a horrible business model 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, VampireSoul said:

My one and only problem with Axl is his fucking boots. I'm always scared he's gonna fall and break something, boots are absolute trash to run and jump in. He wore sneakers in the 90s so why not now? 😄 Would be so much easier and safer and clearly he wears sneaks off stage. 

Pretty sure his ankles/feet are strapped up now so it’s probably to cover that. I’m sure he said it was the strapping that stopped him from a big injury when he had that fall on stage a few years ago?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Pretty sure his ankles/feet are strapped up now so it’s probably to cover that. I’m sure he said it was the strapping that stopped him from a big injury when he had that fall on stage a few years ago?

Yeah, they are strapped. On the USA 16 tour Axl wore some sneakers (some Giuseppe Zanotti) but then he started again wearing the boots. He was seen a couple of weeks ago wearing some Air Jordan’s, that was cool (I’m a sneaker head myself). But I don’t see Axl rocking some AMIRI jeans with Jordan sneakers 😂

1 hour ago, alangarcianr said:

Yeah, they are strapped. On the USA 16 tour Axl wore some sneakers (some Giuseppe Zanotti) but then he started again wearing the boots. He was seen a couple of weeks ago wearing some Air Jordan’s, that was cool (I’m a sneaker head myself). But I don’t see Axl rocking some AMIRI jeans with Jordan sneakers 😂

I wish that he would wear the AMIRI skull high tops!

12 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

Some of the terrible hats and boots are so bad that they're funny. He wore cool looking shoes that were almost like tennis shoes in 2016 for most of the shows (well, part of the actual shows). They were black with a little white on the soles I. That look with the little bit longer hair was his best look since like early 91.

This photo... Iconic.a94a15421468014712_1024.jpg

Yeah I wish he’d grow his hair back to how it was in 2016-2018

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bitchisback said:

I don't care how Axl dresses or looks as long as he's happy and doesn't bring back the handlebar mustache lol

I liked the handlebar tache! Made him look like a redneck serial killer from a horror film. Especially when he used to do those freaky death stares at the end of the songs. He doesn't seem to do them anymore....

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

On 8/26/2021 at 5:51 AM, blackmore said:

True. His midrange is completely gone and he has to use that in a lot of songs. And that has nothing to do with proper singing anymore in my opinion. But for some reason, most people accept it the way it is. I think we became sort of  used to that singing.

But I agree with everyone about the fact that he's really giving 100% throughout the whole show and I respect that. 

Singers lose their mid range when they continuously sing improperly in a higher register. It has unfortunately happened to a lot of our rock/metal heroes. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 2:25 AM, NelvinHigby said:

Tonight was my 5th Guns show, & my Dad’s 7th. I thought they were phenomenal tonight. i Keep up with all of the shows, but being in the room Axl sounded way fucking better. Slash played his ass off tonight as well. There were way fewer weak moments than any other time i’ve seen them. Lots of rasp tonight.  

Just chiming in as someone who went to the show and is from the area. I agree with this completely. His breath support and vocal conditioning have significantly improved since Hershey. Furthermore, despite what the trolls on this forum may think, there really is no degradation in his vocals since 2017, when I saw them last in Oakland. The clean voice is 100% a choice to reduce wear and tear on his vocal folds. Either you accept that or you don't. It is not an inability to use vocal fry. He used it quite a bit at this show.

Glad to see that this forum hasn't changed 🙄

Ali 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1