08/27/21 - Las Vegas, NV - Allegiant Stadium

Powerage5

Just now, 6lake sa66ath said:

Could Axl even manage to perform Hardskool with his current vocal challenges.... part of me doesn't really want to find out for fear of a complete train wreck live debut 

That's probably part of the reason why they haven’t played it yet 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

They have changed the order for this leg. But because some of us watch every show, it seems like it's the same for years.

I think it's what happens when you only have 4 original studio albums, an EP, and a covers album. Appetite gets the most love but there's still some songs that have been MIA. 

The 2 Illusions albums get the hits played from them but there's wide swaths of it that have been/were ignored for years.

TSI is mostly forgotten besides a few songs and there seems to be a handful of Chinese Democracy songs played while others sit on the shelf.

Edited by mystery
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mystery said:

Appetite gets the most love but there's still some songs that have been MIA. 

And some of those MIA songs would be an obvious choice considering Axls voice. I don’t get why he decides to wheeze through Better, YCBM and RQ every show, while they have awesome deep cuts like PTU, Bad Obsession, Down on the farm that haven’t been played for ages and would suit his voice really well. Locomotive was played in 2019 and sounded okay, why did they drop it??

3 minutes ago, mystery said:

I think it's what happens when you only have 4 original studio albums, an EP, and a covers album. Appetite gets the most love but there's still some songs that have been MIA. 

The 2 Illusions albums get the hits played from them but there's wide swaths of it that have been/were ignored for years.

TSI is mostly forgotten besides a few songs and there seems to be a handful of Chinese Democracy songs played while others sit on the shelf.

Sure, that's a problem, too, and they could add some more songs from UYI. But they have played all Appetite in the last five years except Think About You and Anything Goes (and I don't think there are many people who are too excited to hear Anything Goes). They have also played most of the CD songs that could be played.

I think, though, that the biggest problem is what I said. People watch every show and get easily bored, and also forget how many songs have been played (like someone who said that the only new thing in the last 10 years is DTJ). And then that may take away even the enjoyment of attending a show.

• Like 1

I’ll give em credit for playing an almost 3 hour show, but that’s about it. The sequencing kills the energy in the 2nd half of the show. Axl’s vocals are mediocre at best most of the time. Same old stupid stock comments to the crowd in the same places almost every night. You ain’t getting any fucking younger and this isn’t supposed to be a traveling musical..put a little heart, uniqueness and rock n roll into the shows. Take fucking chances.  This corporate legacy bullshit isn’t what GNR was meant to be about. Ugh 😑 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, Blackstar said:

You know, they released Silkworms with Slash and Duff just three weeks ago.

Yeah and more and more it seems like it was only done to check off a corporate legacy tour box. Hey I know we’re on year 5 of this perpetual $ grab, but we just released a quasi new song! Aren’t you impressed? Sure it was played live 20 years ago but we updated the title and added some Slash/Duff to it after the fact. Until something else new is introduced I’m of the mind that was Axl/Team Brazil’s genius idea to freshen up the same old same old. I hope I’m wrong but I realistically fear I am not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Sure, that's a problem, too, and they could add some more songs from UYI. But they have played all Appetite in the last five years except Think About You and Anything Goes (and I don't think there are many people who are too excited to hear Anything Goes). They have also played most of the CD songs that could be played.

I think, though, that the biggest problem is what I said. People watch every show and get easily bored, and also forget how many songs have been played (like someone who said that the only new thing in the last 10 years is DTJ). And then that may take away even the enjoyment of attending a show.

Yeah that's why I said that i can't complain that hard for a show i haven't paid for, obviously I appreciate having heard locomotive, dead horse, so fine or some other deep cuts, but they are mostly gone now, maybe for ever, and not only for me but for any die hard fan looking forward to see a show this year or the next, and waiting for any kind of surprise, that's incredibly disappointing.

My friends, Hard School will come some day. They've been sound checking it. Might be next week, might be 3 months from now. At this point though, I'm done getting my hopes up. I think we get a 7" single of Hard Skool and Absurd at some point. I could also see them not even playing it until that gets announced (if it ever does).

Corporate is the new Guns N’ Roses “ they have tons of money and are clean and sober for most part living very well no problems = no huger low drive too get new fan base the gravy train baby no not the cheap night train a there old friend mr brown stone the danger the what the hell will happen at the next guns show  will axl get pissed off and jump in to the crowd to knock some body’s head in for talking shit about the last album sucks cock 🤣 will axl show up will they tell of the media the press and other fucks 

Nope no need too it’s called playing it same and collecting a big pay day 

stick too the same formula cause it’s working  and Guns N’ Roses are a name brand  just as big as Nike Toyota corporate business done 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

And some of those MIA songs would be an obvious choice considering Axls voice. I don’t get why he decides to wheeze through Better, YCBM and RQ every show, while they have awesome deep cuts like PTU, Bad Obsession, Down on the farm that haven’t been played for ages and would suit his voice really well. Locomotive was played in 2019 and sounded okay, why did they drop it??

I think the main thing with most of those songs is that they're the hits. I wouldn't call Better a hit but it was clearly intended to be the hit single from CD. The vast majority of people just want to hear stuff from 87-91.

They could've built a more diverse setlist by releasing music consistently the past 30 years and gaining new hits along the way but we all know what happened.

2 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Yeah and more and more it seems like it was only done to check off a corporate legacy tour box. Hey I know we’re on year 5 of this perpetual $ grab, but we just released a quasi new song! Aren’t you impressed? Sure it was played live 20 years ago but we updated the title and added some Slash/Duff to it after the fact. Until something else new is introduced I’m of the mind that was Axl/Team Brazil’s genius idea to freshen up the same old same old. I hope I’m wrong but I realistically fear I am not.

And you came to this conclusion only after 3 weeks and despite all the things pointing out that something is coming sooner or later. I guess rehearsing Hardschool is part of the plan, too?

3 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Now I'm feeling you are right, I really thought it was a move for the fans that night, however, even taking away the money factor, it's probably the easiest song on the setlist to sing so that could be a conclusion too.

33 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

I’ll give em credit for playing an almost 3 hour show, but that’s about it. The sequencing kills the energy in the 2nd half of the show. Axl’s vocals are mediocre at best most of the time. Same old stupid stock comments to the crowd in the same places almost every night. You ain’t getting any fucking younger and this isn’t supposed to be a traveling musical..put a little heart, uniqueness and rock n roll into the shows. Take fucking chances.  This corporate legacy bullshit isn’t what GNR was meant to be about. Ugh 😑 

You are out of touch with what the music industry is today and the fact the individuals involved aren't in their 20s and don't give a shit. It's called maturity and growing up.

This is how the band and other artists make their money and all of them treat live shows as a travelling musical act, given the financial revenue created for the artist themselves. 

Do you actually believe the band is going to make a large amount of money out of a new album being released in the year 2021?. You do realise that in today's day and age, albums don't make money.

Give them same credit. The have reunited and touring, there is a demand for their performances and that's a smart business play given the difference in the music industry today compared to the past (80s and 90s).

There are a number of bands reforming and touring because it's financially beneficial to do so.. 

I cannot understand, what makes you think the band should cater to your needs and wants.. Did it cross your mind, that band themselves might enjoy playing those songs. 

If some of you have chosen to over think things and believed based on an assumption and putting 2 + 2  together that = 40, that a new song was going to be played at this show, then that's on you.

At least put your hand up and own it. 

But I suspect, the band and their management will be the easy ones to blame.. for some people being gullable. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

8 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

You are out of touch with what the music industry is today and the fact the individuals involved aren't in their 20s and don't give a shit. It's called maturity and growing up.

This is how the band and other artists make their money and all of them treat live shows as a travelling musical act, given the financial revenue created for the artist themselves. 

Do you actually believe the band is going to make a large amount of money out of a new album being released in the year 2021?. 

Give them same credit. The have reunited and touring, there is a demand for their performances and that's a smart business play given the difference in the music industry today compared to the past (80s and 90s).

There are a number of bands reforming and touring because it's financially beneficial to do so.. 

I cannot understand, what makes you think the band should cater to your needs and wants.. Did it cross your mind, that band themselves might enjoy playing those songs. 

If some of you have chosen to over think things and believed based on an assumption and putting 2 + 2  together that = 40, that a new song was going to be played at this show, then that's on you. 

At least put your hand up and own it. 

But I suspect, the band and their management will be the easy ones to blame.. for some people being gullible. 

All due respect, your posts are about critiquing the fanbase more than actually discussing the music.  Like for years now lol.  What's your favorite GNR tune?  Have you caught any gigs, if so what's your fav? 

Like for real, I am not kidding since 2016 I have internally been debating whether you are a secret agent TB member or something :lol:

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1