08/30/21 - Phoenix, AZ - Phoenix Suns Arena

Powerage5

25 minutes ago, Towelie said:

:wow:

TAY >>> Paradise City.

How'd ya like them apples?

Was that how you felt the first time you heard both of those tracks, or did you hear Paradise city first loads of times and then got tired of it and TAY was just a rebound. I just need to understand

2 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Was that how you felt the first time you heard both of those tracks, or did you hear Paradise city first loads of times and then got tired of it and TAY was just a rebound. I just need to understand

PC has always been my least fave song on AFD. The verses are great but that corny chorus has always been a turn off for me. It's by far my least favourite ckassic Guns track.

10 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

No idea

Something about a friend of the band being at a recent show, and how this friends mother was in hospital and loved the song. Also said that during rehearsals for the tour they weren't sure if they include Witchita. I couldn't make it out but I think he remarked about how chatty he was🤣 Great to see Axl talking to the crowd again!

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

PC has always been my least fave song on AFD. The verses are great but that corny chorus has always been a turn off for me. It's by far my least favourite ckassic Guns track.

You must make great time outta the venues so, first back to the car!😄

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Something about a friend of the band being at a recent show, and how this friends mother was in hospital and loved the song. Also said that during rehearsals for the tour they weren't sure if they include Witchita. I couldn't make it out but I think he remarked about how chatty he was🤣 Great to see Axl talking to the crowd again!

Yeah, I don't think I've ever stayed for the end of PC. Seriously. Only seen Guns 3 times, but always head to the exit half way through PC. 

6 minutes ago, situation said:

I did end up going to the show with a different co-worker who lives here.  I'm actually really glad I went.. the place was packed.. even the seats behind the stage were full and the sound was really good.  I forgot how much better indoor arena shows are compared to outdoor stadiums in my opinion.  I was late getting in though since I didn't have tickets and the scalpers only had super shitty tickets left so it did end up costing me $120 for top row seats but still worth it... got in right as WTTJ was starting.  This was prob my 14th time seeing guns n roses and I would definitely put this in my top 5.  Slash was amazing last night... Axl seemed to be in a great mood!  The guy I went with is just a casual fan at best who only knows a few songs and he thought it was an amazing show... and oddly he really liked Absurd!  Axl sounded fine to me live... watching back some of my videos today.. meh.. just doesn't do it justice.  Oh and when Axl started talking a bunch before Witicha I actually thought holy shit are they gonna play hard school.. I couldn't make out what he was saying but it got my hopes up briefly.

Why wouldn't you go early? You missed the only 3 songs he sounds good 🤣

Just now, Tom2112 said:

I would recommend seeing the outro section at least once, that whole double time section is great fun live,  especially when they have the pyro and confetti! 

I need to find someone to go with other than my missus. She always looks like she wants to die half way through KOHD and I take pity on her by leaving around PC. 

I still haven't forgiven her for making me leave before Madagascar in 2010.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I thought the Bumblefoot version was beautiful. I loved when he would play an instrumental version on his guitar leading into it. Was a really engaging way to connect with the fans. Sad to say but in the later years Bumble upstaged Axl on that song.

I also love the Bumble full instrumentals of Don’t Cry he would play at his concerts, or guitar showcases or whatever. The man has a god given gift, like him or hate him.

Sucks Axl changed it to Ashba taking the lead 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

All New Show  was advertised then they seemed to drop it during the pandemic, most bafflingd.

It is an All New Show.  They got rid of the stairs to the left and right of the drum kit so Slash can't go behind the drums for the NR solo.  They got rid of the protrusions in the front of the stage.  I think the piano was on a lift for NITL and now they just roll it out old school.  There's also the pandemic themed intro video.  What more can you ask for? :-)

• Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

47 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

It is an All New Show.  They got rid of the stairs to the left and right of the drum kit so Slash can't go behind the drums for the NR solo.  They got rid of the protrusions in the front of the stage.  I think the piano was on a lift for NITL and now they just roll it out old school.  There's also the pandemic themed intro video.  What more can you ask for? :-)

Let's not forget they play DTJ before Jungle now. Now that's the set list shakeup we all truly desired.

16 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I might sound like a heretic, but i don't think Axl really sounds like shit this tour. Sure, he's nowhere near as good as 2016/2017, but he still hits a lot of the notes he needs to, and he can keep it going well. Not bad for an old geezer. 

I agree, he sounded great last night.

16 hours ago, mikeman5150 said:

Axl isn’t as bad as I thought on rocket queen. Not the best, but passable. Especially if you’re there, I’m sure the atmosphere helps. 

Yes it does, lots of energy.

15 hours ago, darkside259 said:

What did he say?

15 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

No idea

14 hours ago, mikeman5150 said:

It was hard to tell. I think he said something about someone being in the hospital? 

7 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Don’t Cry is my favorite song of all time. Such a beautiful piece. Sounds even better now that they’ve slowed down the tempo again. You hear Axl’s natural baritone singing voice again when it’s played and I think most of it sounds close to his old voice.

It sounded amazing yesterday, the tempo change made all the difference. Sounds almost like the record (minus Frank's incorrect fills).

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

He also mentioned that Glen's son was at the Vegas show. I thought we he started talking about it that they were going to play Hardschool or do a Stones tribute (which I'm a little disappointed that they haven't done).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

While it’s definitely not enough to label it a new show, I love the fact that Patience and Don’t Cry are played every night. That was a really good shakeup. Both deserve to be in the set list, nightly.

Is there a don't cry on YouTube.

I just listened to some of Portland's videos: You're Crazy and Patience (among my favorites). And I have to say xthat I thought Axl sounded absolutely great. But maybe I'm biased because I love his low key regitro. He should use it more often.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1