09/01/21 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center

Powerage5

2 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Oh, absolutely. GNR led the trend for $40 and  now $50 concert tees.

I haven't been to a show in some time where shirts were under $40, except for punk shows. Even Pearl Jam was up to $40 a while ago at shows and they used to pride themselves in being fan friendly. $50 is a lot for a shirt, but Guns certainly didn't lead that trend. 

If you see dark hair and a shirt with an anime girl it’ll probably be me

9 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If he couldn't do it in his prime, he definitely couldn't do it now. I wouldn’t even want to hear him attempt it.

If they slowed it down like the middle of YCBM he could probably muddle through Dont Damn Me

Edited by Flayer

13 minutes ago, alangarcianr said:

Maybe because they’re the songs that have strong presence of every instrument (at least slash, duff, Richard, frank and Dizzy) so they make sure every instrument is OK in the mix

Yep, that's exactly it. A lot of bands will do songs or parts of songs that include the most dynamics possible. 

• Like 1

Just got in line, down by the merch truck. Red sunglasses, anime shirt. Holy Christ they want $100 for the basic Walmart rack AFD shirt?

EDIT: theyd make a killing selling beers to the people in line out front. Why does no one except me have good ideas?

EDIT EDIT: Picture if you will an official GNR Night Train van parked out front dispensing the aforementioned, perhaps with a few of Fernando’s toy trains on the side.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Obviously I pregamed this, as I mentioned me smart

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: I solemnly swear to shitpost the entire show until my battery dies. 

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: how come DJ never made Hollaback Gurrrl part of his solo spot?

EDIT x6: no I will not wear my mask over my nose and mouth, can’t you see I’m dual wielding beers

EDIT x7: I got E 17 in 117, center left and about three rows back if anyone wants to come and talk shit. White shirt, anime girl

EDIT x 8: I am also gonna scream over every song, stay the fuck back if you’re recording video

EDIT X 9: HOLT SHIT FERNANDOS TOY TRUCK HAS ITS OWN WEBSITE VISIT GNRTOURTRUCK.COM

EDIT X 10: I hope it also has its own Twitter page

EDIT x 11: hey truck honk once if they’ll play hard school tonight, honk twice for no

EDIT x 12: I hope Slash comes out in a top hat and plague doctor mask combo

EDIT x 13: 49% already? Tim “Rim” (Job?) [not Jobs] Cook is a saboteur and a cancer

Edited by Flayer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FabioRoses said:

Yeah, but I'm curious. They always do it, or almost everytime without Axl, so, does it matter what songs they soundcheck?

I think they do the songs that can test every instrument without doing the whole show.

so, that’s my guess. They don’t need to test RQ and jungle, for example, cause dizzy is playing percussion in both songs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoBucky said:

I haven't been to a show in some time where shirts were under $40, except for punk shows. Even Pearl Jam was up to $40 a while ago at shows and they used to pride themselves in being fan friendly. $50 is a lot for a shirt, but Guns certainly didn't lead that trend. 

I bought a GNR Up Close and Personal Shirt at the HOB Chicago for $40 or $45 (can't remember which but it was definitely at least $40). This was in early 2012 and was absolutely the most I had  spent on a concert tee to that point. In 2019 at Wrigley Field, my Foo Fighters concert tee was $30. Tri-blend, slim fit. It's the best concert tee (material-wise) I've ever had.

So maybe GNR didn't exactly start the trend. I was just being funny. But their concert tees have been at the higher/highest end for at least a decade.

Edit: Also, I am not complaining about it. The money used to be in the record sales and now it's in the tours and merch while the music is "free."

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1