09/01/21 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center

Powerage5

2 hours ago, agustingloger said:

I don't know what to Say about tempo's changes. I get it helps Axl and some songs maybe work but on others it drains the energy out of it. Jungle / RQ for example. They are kind of boring now. Is just me?

Not just you me too. RQ is my # 2. I was telling my best friend previously it sounded better to me…..more drums, faster.

and now the opposite 😑 don’t get me wrong, still #2 and love hearing it. Also much prefer the 6 minute version.

3 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

At the end of paradise city something happened to his voice, it was like he blew it out, or he awakened the rasp. Here’s hoping it’s the latter. It was hard to tell on the stream I was watching. Can anyone confirm? It sounded like his voice went, cracked, and then the rasp was there

I don't think it's much to note. He's just trying to get to places that are pretty shaky with his voice. It's been happening a lot. His range hasn't been very smooth this run, couple that with trying to put rasp in it when he isn't controlling it well... and you get whatever the hell that cracking/break was.

Edited by Ak1nney
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

Back in the hotel and I’m EXHAUSTED. But wow. I truly couldn’t have asked for a better first show back. I’m happy beyond what words can express. I REALLY needed that. I’m going to write a whole wall of text tomorrow for my review, but for now, I’ll just give the biggest highlight of the night: AXL WAVED AT ME. TWICE. 😭 I’ll go into more detail tomorrow, but yeah, I’m basically never getting over it and I’m so happy about it. 

Very happy for you, glad you had a good time! Looking forward to your review tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

Back in the hotel and I’m EXHAUSTED. But wow. I truly couldn’t have asked for a better first show back. I’m happy beyond what words can express. I REALLY needed that. I’m going to write a whole wall of text tomorrow for my review, but for now, I’ll just give the biggest highlight of the night: AXL WAVED AT ME. TWICE. 😭 I’ll go into more detail tomorrow, but yeah, I’m basically never getting over it and I’m so happy about it. 

Are you GNR Girl on Twitter?

32 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

Happy for you! :headbang:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

I'm afraid the bigger half of the crowd has never heard of it. 

What?! Are you telling me that there are tens of thousands of people attending these concerts who haven't heard of an obscure 20 year old unreleased Guns N' Roses demo?

Absurd! :lol:

Edited by jekylhyde
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

7 minutes ago, jekylhyde said:

What?! Are you telling me that there are tens of thousands of people attending these concerts who haven't heard of an obscure 20 year old unreleased Guns N' Roses demo?

Absurd!

Still, think about it. They play a "new" song called Absurd. The media headlines say it's an old unreleased song played occasionally 20 years ago. A casual fan should go, wait, there are unreleased songs available? Is there more? Can I find it on the internet? And so they should discover Hard School. Then again, you'd have to really dig for it (it's not like you can just google it in 10 seconds or find it on Youtube, is it), and most of them probably wouldn't know how to get their hands on it anyway. Or wouldn't care enough. After all, Abusrd doesn't sound like SCOM, and if the rest is similar, screw it, I'm not googling anything. Play KOHD again. 

• Like 1

Just listened to the majority of 2 separate recordings of Jungle tonight. Couldn’t finish either. Axl in the lower register is passable..when he goes high it’s fucking embarrassing. I can’t even try to sugarcoat it anymore. When he can’t pull off jungle towards the very beginning without causing vocal cringe moments it’s time to be real..It’s shit and it’s depressing. 

Edit: Just listened to Civil War from tonight..intro was fine..within the first 60 seconds of vocals cringing my ass off (when he goes high). I’m happy for people that have fun when they’re there and I’ll leave it at that to not be too negative.

Edited by Martin Riggs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Still, think about it. They play a "new" song called Absurd. The media headlines say it's an old unreleased song played occasionally 20 years ago. A casual fan should go, wait, there are unreleased songs available? Is there more? Can I find it on the internet? And so they should discover Hard School. Then again, you'd have to really dig for it (it's not like you can just google it in 10 seconds or find it on Youtube, is it), and most of them probably wouldn't know how to get their hands on it anyway. Or wouldn't care enough. After all, Abusrd doesn't sound like SCOM, and if the rest is similar, screw it, I'm not googling anything. Play KOHD again. 

We're talking about casuals here. They haven't even heard most of their released songs, let alone unreleased songs. If they want GNR music that they haven't heard before, they can just listen to Use Your Illusion or something. But they don't care enough. They care about the hits.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Martin Riggs said:

Just listened to the majority of 2 separate recordings of Jungle tonight. Couldn’t finish either. Axl in the lower register is passable..when he goes high it’s fucking embarrassing. I can’t even try to sugarcoat it anymore. When he can’t pull off jungle towards the very beginning without causing vocal cringe moments it’s time to be real..It’s shit and it’s depressing. 

Edit: Just listened to Civil War from tonight..intro was fine..within the first 60 seconds of vocals cringing my ass off (when he goes high). I’m happy for people that have fun when they’re there and I’ll leave it at that to not be too negative.

Just listened to the whole song from yesterday. There's definitely more grit in the voice in the lower register while it sounds thinner as he goes higher. But it is still powerful and he hasn't simplified the vocal melody. If that caused you to become depressed then I don't know what to say. The big problems with yesterday's Jungle, though, was the timing issue when he came in for the final part of the song and that he didn't hold the last scream as long as I would have wanted. But that's really nitpicking. He still sings great and I wish I could have been there.

• Like 1