09/04/21 - Napa, CA - Bottlerock Music Festival

Powerage5

8 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

It's definitely much, much tighter. He's playing some things closer to the original. 

If you want him to be up there a d play all the songs exactly as they are the record I'm sorry but you just don't get what it is to be a musician. Maybe you are a musician? There are certain gigs that require you to play everything to the studio, other gigs like gnr are not about perfect recreation of the original sound and never has been, Matt added his own fills to AFD songs, double bass, his character... Frank does the same. It's not going to be for everyone. I thi k he's doing a great job on this tour in particular!

I just don’t like the way he drums - to me he sounds exactly the same on all the songs and so flat too. I’m not a musician but that’s just how it sounds to me. I have ears and it sounds just boring and flat and sucks the life from the song. Horrible. 

I didn’t like Matt on some songs either, like nightrain. He was much better than Frank though. 

• Like 2

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I just don’t like the way he drums - to me he sounds exactly the same on all the songs and so flat too. I’m not a musician but that’s just how it sounds to me. I have ears and it sounds just boring and flat and sucks the life from the song. Horrible. 

I didn’t like Matt on some songs either, like nightrain. He was much better than Frank though. 

Your opinion, but I honestly don't get it, and I'm one of the worst critics when it comes to drummers and drum sounds. 2016-2020 I wasn't a big fan, but now he's playing a lot closer to what he did in 2006-2014 and I like it a lot more.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

People keep saying his drumming is better this tour but I can’t hear it. It’s horrible. 

When I hear this is always refer people to Brain clips if u want to hear what energetic gnr music played the right way. The difference in snare sound between Frank vs Brain, Adler & Sorum is night and day. Frank is as dull and boring as it gets. Sucks the energy right out of these classic songs. Such a let down

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Awesome of the band, and I got goosebumps when the crowd took over. Super lame of the festival. I know they kind of have a history of this, but seriously, there was like... maybe two minutes left of the show. Seems like some of the organizers must suffer from TPS.

Apparently it’s happened to Foo Fighters, The Cure & Neil Young in years past. 

https://datebook.sfchronicle.com/music/bottlerock-pulls-plug-on-guns-n-roses-for-breaking-curfew

1 hour ago, Top-Hatted One said:

When I hear this is always refer people to Brain clips if u want to hear what energetic gnr music played the right way. The difference in snare sound between Frank vs Brain, Adler & Sorum is night and day. Frank is as dull and boring as it gets. Sucks the energy right out of these classic songs. Such a let down

You should probably get over it.The guy has been in the band for what 10 years now and is not going anywhere. 

I don't know why people cannot leave there issues at the door, and enter these show conversions open minded and focus on the here and now..

Thoes drummers were in the past and not in the present. 

No matter what Frank does, you aren't going to be happy or pleased. 

Again, most of the independent reviews for this particular show have been positive and they don't mention or care about the drummers sound or if he is dull and boring. 

This show was classic Guns in relation to the curfew. 

Yes, they could of finnished before the curfew time of 10pm and the promoters wishes and cut Paradise City completely. 

But they did not, and continued to the end no matter what, and finnished the set.

They did it in a respectful manner and handeled the situation well to not piss off the promoter, but also giving the fans a conclusion to the show via Paradise City.

Props to the band.. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

You should probably get over it.The guy has been in the band for what 10 years now and is not going anywhere. 

I don't know why people cannot leave there issues at the door, and enter these show conversions open minded and focus on the here and now..

Again, most of the independent reviews for this particular show have been positive and they don't mention or care about the drummers sound or if he is dull and boring. 

Yes, they could of finnished before the curfew time of 10pm and the promoters wishes and cut Paradise City completely. 

But they did not, and continued to the end no matter what, and finnished the set.

They did it in a respectful manner and handeled the situation well to not piss off the promoter, but also giving the fans a conclusion to the show via Paradise City.

Props to the band.. 

They just released a single featuring a drummer that's been gone for 15 years. It seems that Frank is simply the touring drummer, and in that case there are plenty of valid critiques about his playing. :shrugs:

FWIW I don't think Frank 'sucks the energy out of the songs' but his tones do suck. I think that's mostly due to Caram compressing the shit out of his kit at the soundboard, though.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

Props to the band.. 

Again, it seems like all you post on here are complaints about fans when you feel inspired lol.  My theory you are a secret covert TB member continues :lol:

Like, not to single any member out, but surely I cannot be the only one who notices this specific person only seemingly making long drawn own rants about how fans need to get over themselves and how apparently nothing is ever able to be critiqued? lol

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

Props to the band.. 

You’re a joke pal. One that’s run it’s course. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, J. Rose said:

The fans singing paradise city after the music sound was cut off because of curfew was simply amazing and magical. 🤘🏻🤘🏻

Wow, just listen to the crowd! They all sound so excited! This is a proof the band still rocks, despite our opinion hehe :P

Ps: nice shirt Slash! I was getting tired of that "I'm loving it" t shirt 

Edited by Mr Mini Mite
  • Like 3