09/12/21 - Atlantic City, NJ - Hard Rock Live at Etess Arena

Powerage5

1 minute ago, Kelmi said:

Facebook on GnrFan Spot a fan posted backstage pics of her and Axl. She said she had a beer with Axl and asked about Hard Skool. Axl played her the song and said they should be releasing it soon.

How cool! I'd love to have a beer with Axl.

I wonder if soon means this leg, or the next one down under.

I'd like to get tight with Melissa backstage (not literally, my princess wouldn't appreciate that) and Brain wouldn't be happy about that either, but anyways, it would be cool to have a Diet Coke and some candy with Melissa and have her play Soul Monster and The General from Pitman's iPod he left behind. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, B5Redeye said:

What a day. Left for the airport this morning…check engine light came on in the car. So had to make sure wasn’t something that was gonna blow the car up. Misfire in cylinder 2. Had to drop the hammer and we got to the airport only 30 mins before flight. Check our 1 piece of luggage….overweight…and she says it might not make it on the plane 😑 get through security and to the plane with literally 5 mins to spare.

Man that est change made the day evaporate quick.

Now it’s 2:35am and I’m trying to “come down” from the awesome show I just witnessed 😊

Like someone said earlier miles better than NY. Axl was great tonight!

MetLife is New Jersey. I love 10mins away. I live in NJ not NY😛

Back at the house and finally in bed. I listened to the videos I took on the flight back to TN. I’m just sayin….Axl sounded absolutely fucking great last night. It was a great show.

I haven’t been to a lot of shows but he did 2 things last night I’ve never seen. Before he stayed singing PC he threw the whistle he used into the crowd. Then after the song he actually threw the mic into the crowd.

• Like 2

Also I got to cross something off my bucket list that I didn’t think about doing but my wonderful wife brought it up.

Rocky is my favorite movie franchise. Might sound cheesy but it really covers all aspects of life. 

We went and ran the Rocky steps and took pic at the statue. Sounds corny but standing there in the same spot Stallone did 40 years ago was just cool.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, agustingloger said:

I just heard he said "I miss that guy" quoting Izzy. Just Make the call

Yeah, he was buzzed.  Just me or are the other alcoholics in the group on alert?  I don't know about Slash and Duff but not going down that road yet again with somebody close to you.  We'd be having a chat right about now if that's what's starting.  Not that I'm dealing with it, I'm making my exit plans if it goes much further.

Just my thinking, I'm not there.  Hate that feeling of my alerts dinging.  Maybe Slash and Duff deal with it better.

1 minute ago, SAU3R said:

I honestly wonder what Axl did to his voice. It’s like he suddenly discovered a new way to sing the songs without sounding like Mickey. Sure he doesn’t sound as powerful as 2001 and not as raspy as 2010 or 2016 but for a guy pushing 60 he sounds damn solid at the moment 

Maybe Hershey pissed him off and he hired a vocal coach

7 hours ago, mingsubu said:

I wish I could hear what you guys do. Moat songs, he is going full mickey. 

I think to be honest you have to make peace with the fact that mickey is here to stay, and also make peace that any old school rasp really is going to be used sparingly from now on, otherwise within a few years it will be totally gone. As it is its hella unstable alot of the time, like he is just about able to still do it and turn it on. 

As for how he sounds, he is definately stronger than he was for alot of 2019 at least. Probably more consistent than 18 as well, which IMO peaked better (such as Shadow, etc) but had some real shocking moments that aren't as present nowdays (such as TIL).

With that being said I just listened to the Jungle performance from London 17 that I was at, and yeah, he sounds far weaker these days compared to even then (which in itself wasn't overly impressive compared to 16). He is getting the notes still, but even the opening scream doesn't have quite the same sharpness it had back then.

IMO weakest to best: 19 - 18 - 21 -17 - 16 (I'm not counting the couple of 20 shows lol!)

@SAU3R - my guess is he is probably fitter than he has been for several years again (it shows) which is giving him better breath control and a slower tempo means he can get more out of his weaker middle range than recent years (where it really was either unstable scream rasp, a weak thin head voice or a shouty baritone sound) and thats making a big difference on some songs I think.

Edited by koldbeer2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, koldbeer2 said:

I think to be honest you have to make peace with the fact that mickey is here to stay, and also make peace that any old school rasp really is going to be used sparingly from now on, otherwise within a few years it will be totally gone. As it is its hella unstable alot of the time, like he is just about able to still do it and turn it on. 

As for how he sounds, he is definately stronger than he was for alot of 2019 at least. Probably more consistent than 18 as well, which IMO peaked better (such as Shadow, etc) but had some real shocking moments that aren't as present nowdays (such as TIL).

With that being said I just listened to the Jungle performance from London 17 that I was at, and yeah, he sounds far weaker these days compared to even then (which in itself wasn't overly impressive compared to 16). He is getting the notes still, but even the opening scream doesn't have quite the same sharpness it had back then.

IMO weakest to best: 19 - 18 - 21 -17 - 16 (I'm not counting the couple of 20 shows lol!)

@SAU3R - my guess is he is probably fitter than he has been for several years again (it shows) which is giving him better breath control and a slower tempo means he can get more out of his weaker middle range than recent years (where it really was either unstable scream rasp, a weak thin head voice or a shouty baritone sound) and thats making a big difference on some songs I think.

My personal opnion is that now he tops the 17' concerts as well, because by the end of that year his voice sounded very tired. 

• Like 1