09/12/21 - Atlantic City, NJ - Hard Rock Live at Etess Arena

Powerage5

45 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

My personal opnion is that now he tops the 17' concerts as well, because by the end of that year his voice sounded very tired. 

My main reason for putting 17 ahead of 21 is for a large chunk of the year (though the signs of wear and tear were definitely there in 17) is that Axl still was able to get quite a sharp classic sounding raspy sound. These days he struggles with that big time. He can still get it but its a much thinner/airy sound than it was even back in 17.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, koldbeer2 said:

My main reason for putting 17 ahead of 21 is for a large chunk of the year (though the signs of wear and tear were definitely there in 17) is that Axl still was able to get quite a sharp classic sounding raspy sound. These days he struggles with that big time. He can still get it but its a much thinner/airy sound than it was even back in 17.

Agreed, you have a point. 

On 9/14/2021 at 9:09 PM, FabioRoses said:

My personal opnion is that now he tops the 17' concerts as well, because by the end of that year his voice sounded very tired. 

But in 2017, GNR had regular concerts with over 30 songs with 5 or 6 songs in encore. We have an audio recording of the last concert from 2017 in the Forum, Axl was obviously tired after a lot of concerts, but again he had a show with 37 songs, the longest GNR concert ever (over 4 hours) and again sounded good to me. I don’t believe the 2021 Axl could do that.

On 9/13/2021 at 8:33 AM, Kelmi said:

Facebook gnr group posted backstage pics of her and Axl. She said she had a beer with Axl and asked about Hard Skool. Axl played her the song and said they should be releasing it soon.

I can’t find that post you linked it to. In the photo, is the girl in Axl’s dressing room while he was in a robe?