09/23/21 - Columbus, OH - Schottenstein Center

Powerage5

5 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

What's the correlation? What difference does it make to you? Are you not happy with the single? Man, some of you guys are never happy. 

What the correlation is between playing a show on the same night you're releasing a new single and not playing it? Man I don't know you're right, people be trippin

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

I wouldn’t even think it was weird but they had a completely different approach to Absurd that I thought worked well. Just fascinating.

I think that's what's so, um, absurd about all of this.

With Absurd, a song that almost no one wants to listen to more than once or twice, they follow the best practices when pushing a new single.

With Hard Skool, arguably one of their best songs in decades, they decide to say fuck it, let's not do any of that.

It makes zero sense.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hard school what’s the brig deal really a reworked song it’s not a completely new song yes it’s great to have more songs but really it’s about the band and they put on the best show tonight for sure and the set list was good they will play it but bet they hold off only 5 shows left need more gas to power the machine the next run we will are should have a full album or EP at least that’s the tour I will see new set list some stage changes and restrictions will be less I’m sure as things get better 

Just now, downzy said:

I think that's what's so, um, absurd about all of this.

With Absurd, a song that almost no one wants to listen to more than once or twice, they follow the best practices when pushing a new single.

With Hard Skool, arguably one of their best songs in decades, they decide to say fuck it, let's not do any of that.

It makes zero sense.  

I'm betting on post-release marketing and performances for HS...

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

What the correlation is between playing a show on the same night you're releasing a new single and not playing it? Man I don't know you're right, people be trippin

Huh? You only think that because they did that last time. Something, by the way, they have never done before in the 30 whatever the fuck years. You're making up the rules as you go along.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Maybe wait until the next show before you start crying about The single isn't even out yet worldwide. 

Cry? Lol dude go back to Utah. You have 0 idea what you’re talking about. I love the single, I’m disappointed they didn’t play it tonight like they did with absurd on its release night, but think it’ll be great in the set list when it happens. 

1 minute ago, Deadeose said:

Hard school what’s the brig deal really a reworked song it’s not a completely new song yes it’s great to have more songs but really it’s about the band and they put on the best show tonight for sure and the set list was good they will play it but bet they hold off only 5 shows left need more gas to power the machine the next run we will are should have a full album or EP at least that’s the tour I will see new set list some stage changes and restrictions will be less I’m sure as things get better 

The greatest run on sentence I think I've ever come across.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Cry? Lol dude go back to Utah. You have 0 idea what you’re talking about. I love the single, I’m disappointed they didn’t play it tonight like they did with absurd on its release night, but think it’ll be great in the set list when it happens. 

I have never been to Utah.

• Haha 1

The song is great.  But if they didn't play it tonight big Fkkin deal.  This was not a missed opportunity.   If it's going out to the radios... and YouTube and all that stuff it will make just as much news as if they played it to Columbus Ohio.  you a bunch of weirdos.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Huh? You only think that because they did that last time. Something, by the way, they have never done before in the 30 whatever the fuck years. You're making up the rules as you go along.

No, I think that because literally every other artist in existence is going to play the song they have coming out that same night.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

Just now, Slurps said:

The song is great.  But if they didn't play it tonight big Fkkin deal.  This was not a missed opportunity.   If it's going out to the radios... and YouTube and all that stuff it will make just as much news as if they played it to Columbus Ohio.  you a bunch of weirdos.

Finally, some sense spoken in this asylum.

1 minute ago, Slurps said:

Okay Slurps, that's enough.  You've made the same point repeatedly at this point.  

4 minutes ago, Slurps said:

Are you just gonna keep saying that over and over? We get the gist of what you are saying, we still just need to vent and express a collective "wtf" since GNR has always been a collective "wtf" lol

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

Just now, WhazUp said:

Are you just gonna keep saying that over and over? We get the hist of what you are saying, we still just need to vent and express a collective "wtf" since GNR has always been a collective "wtf" lol

Agreed.  There is not another artist on this planet who would pass on playing their new single on the day/night it's being released.

People are allowed to voice their amazement/disappointment.  

• Like 2