09/23/21 - Columbus, OH - Schottenstein Center

Powerage5

5 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Are you just gonna keep saying that over and over? We get the hist of what you are saying, we still just need to vent and express a collective "wtf" since GNR has always been a collective "wtf" lol

Do ya? I bet it's played at the next show. Can you wait a few days? Or is that too much for a seasoned vet like you? Downzy is right, enough, but enough on both sides right? Or is this just going to be people complaining that it wasn't played? It sounds like a challenging song for Axl to song these days, maybe he wants to do it justice?

Edited by JohnnyUtah

Just now, JohnnyUtah said:

Do ya? I bet it's played at the next show. Can you wait a few days? Or is that too much for a seasoned vet like you? Downzy is right, enough, but enough on both sides right? Or is this just going to be people complaining that it wasn't played? It sounds like a challenging song for Axl to song these days, maybe he wants to do it justice?

Did you watch any of the show? Vocally he did quite well and was up to the challenge. Even broke out coma and SOYL randomly. He did well. I’m not sure challenge is the issue. 

6 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

If I am bewildered they didn't double down on the hype by busting it out Absurd-style, I will express said bewilderment lol.   Many of us feel the same way apparently, and things like this are classic GNR

I dunno about "seasoned vet" but maybe there is something to being a GNR fan for a while and being burned enough to be not confident they won't continue to squander iron-striking moments

Edited by WhazUp

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

If I am bewildered they didn't double down on the hype by busting it out Absurd-style, I will express said bewhilderment lol.   Many of us feel the same way apparently, and things like this are classic GNR

I dunno about "seasoned vet" but maybe there is something to being a GNR fan for a while and being burned enough to be not confident they won't continue to squander iron-striking moments

I get that about being burned, but I'm just bewildered it's actually out, so a bit surprised about how quick people are getting disappointed by it not being played live. I don't think the iron is even warm, it's got 8000 views!

20 minutes ago, Bloodyhell81 said:

People bitching they didnt play hard school are hilarious.  You do realise gnr releasing any nu music is a bigger deal first and formost. Enjoy that... it will get played.  Om sure it was a kickass show for who ever was there. Have a little patience haha

Of course it’s a bigger deal that the actual song is being released but it’s just another example that Axl seemingly can’t ever just fucking do things the way they should be done. It gets a little old after 30 years of always shooting yourself in the foot even if you’re in the midst of something cool going on. I mean there are too many examples to mention. Finally releases CD after the whole original band and the replacement band for the most part implodes and he still doesn’t promote it at all. Now they’re back out there hugely successful for 6 years and don’t release any new music. They finally start releasing new music and it’s his vocals from 20 years ago and he seeming can’t be bothered to be creative at all. I don’t totally mind the last part as I’ll take anything new with him and Slash on it but even when he does release that..the same damn day he plays a 3 hour show and can’t even mention the song is being released in a few hours. It’s the combination of it all. Ugh…Going to listen to the new song as it was just released in the States. 

1 minute ago, agustingloger said:

It's odd they didn't Even mentioned it. But i really don't care now that the song is out. Gonna hear it all day Tomorrow and the next few days. Finally is here!

Really that was the thing for me, I bet it will be played eventually however not even a mention of their new single that at the time was gonna drop in less then a couple hours?  Odd

My 2 cents: 
I do believe that they wanted to wait until the whole world will have heard the studio version first. 
Which is why Axl didn’t even mention it. If he did, he’d have had to play it, wouldn’t he. Like with Absurd. You don't announce a new single and then jump right into The Seeker. 
I’d also think the extra songs – SOYL, Coma – were a little compensation. They knew all eyes were on them (then again, most casuals probably don’t know about the HS release yet). 
I believe they’ll play it at the next show, i.e. Baltimore on Sunday. And this time I’m saying that without picturing the meme with the guy putting a clown makeup on. I'm usually a bit sceptical, but this time, there's no reason. 
In any case, we have the single finally. The YT video is now available in the Czech Rep. as well, i.e. it’s in Europe already (the damn thing is spreading!). 
As for Axl’s voice tonight, I think it’s still nowhere near Indiana Sept. 8. The rasp there, while rare, was powerful, not the "so-so" jaded type or "voice shot" type. In any case, these are exciting times. 

Just now, Martin Riggs said:

Of course it’s a bigger deal that the actual song is being released but it’s just another example that Axl seemingly can’t ever just fucking do things the way they should be done. It gets a little old after 30 years of always shooting yourself in the foot even if you’re in the midst of something cool going on. I mean there are too many examples to mention. Finally releases CD after the whole original band and the replacement band for the most part implodes and he still doesn’t promote it at all. Now they’re back out there hugely successful for 6 years and don’t release any new music. They finally start releasing new music and it’s his vocals from 20 years ago and he seeming can’t be bothered to be creative at all. I don’t totally mind the last part as I’ll take anything new with him and Slash on it but even when he does release that..the same damn day he plays a 3 hour show and can’t even mention the song is being released in a few hours. It’s the combination of it all. Ugh…Going to listen to the new song as it was just released in the States. 

He didn't do things the "way they should be done" when he released the illusion albums, but I bet you're not mad about that, are ya, pal?

2 minutes ago, Mr Mini Mite said:

Relax guys... it's gonna be played at the next show...

Just like how in 2003, Chinese Democracy was "for sure coming out soon, just wait a bit longer"? :P

I mean I personally am betting it will be played soon but honestly I think people are quick to forget that GNR land operates in a place where rational decisions do not exist lol

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Just like how in 2003, Chinese Democracy was "for sure coming out soon, just wait a bit longer"? :P

I mean I personally am betting it will be played soon but honestly I think people are quick to forget that GNR land operates in a place where rational decisions do not exist lol

I don't know if soon is the word... hehe

Seriously,  despite the irrational things the band has done, now it seems things are a bit different imo