09/29/21 - Raleigh, NC - PNC Arena

Powerage5

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

Some fans were pissed because SOYL was a song from the 80s and we have the same situation with Absurd / Hard Skool right now. 

I was always a SOYL fan since i heard about it that this song was cut because it sounds similiar to Reckless Life. in 2007 or 2008 i found SOYL with fake crowd on the internet... since then i listen to it and was Track Nr 3 on my GN'R Lies Playlist. I was happy that SOYL gets a official release as a single and even the SOYL fake crowd version was on the remaster. I was very happy.

I'm not a fan of Silkworms. Doesn't like it on the Rock In Rio 3 bootleg. But i really enjoy listen to Absurd and Hard Skool. In my opinion we should be happy that GN'R releases some stuff. Yea it's old stuff but we have it now.  I'm not angry about Axl or TB. Maybe Axl is a perfectionist and for decades he wasn't happy with his new songs and internally blocked from being creative and releasing songs. I hope Axl is okay with his new material .

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

OMG from RIR had balls though. Last verse of HS last night was more like Mikey + scratch vocals....

Sounds like his IEM went out at the end. His vocals were trailing the music. Jeez what a wreck. Baltimore was much better. The Baltimore crowd was also better. Their energy hardly waned for 3.5hrs

finally a good setlist. 2 new songs, extra chinese material plus the classics. go for a piss during KOHD and everyone wins. People actually thought Axl wasn't playing hard skool coz he was worried about his vocal LOL. now hes doing harsdskool into coma full mickey without giving a shit haha

If this was the set for europe I might buy a ticket for tottenham hotspur stadium. fingers crossed this is just the start of new tunes

Edited by JimiRose
typo
  • Like 3

They got rid of Shadow Of Your Love..., which is a shame, because I liked that number. 

But they added Catcher In The Rye..., and that's giving CD some more representation

Honestly, I feel so bad for the fans that attended the first concerts. From 21 songs - 30 songs!! But they did play Dead Horse so...

Ah man, I'm just excited for the Hollywood shows (and if anything interesting will happen there)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Sounds like his IEM went out at the end. His vocals were trailing the music. Jeez what a wreck. Baltimore was much better. The Baltimore crowd was also better. Their energy hardly waned for 3.5hrs

You weren’t by chance in the Baltimore crowd were you? Ha

7 minutes ago, opalho said:

But they added Catcher In The Rye..., and that's giving CD some more representation

You are acting like that would be a crime, lol.

We get it, you don't like that album. There are others who like it. 

Edited by Sosso

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

You are acting like that would be a crime, lol.

We get it, you don't like that album. There are others who like it. 

It's not that I don't like the album, it's that I don't really like Catcher In The Rye. I'd want to hear Prostitute or Shackler's Revenge. 

But I actually do like the album. Honest. 

Caught this last night from the center of the pit rail.  8th or 9th show of the reunion, including 2 from 2016, and 3 from the pit rail, including the LA Forum masterpiece.

This show was right up there with the best I've seen, the best being the 2017 LA Forum.. 

-They all had a ton of energy, and Axl especially was smiling a lot and was very chatty.

-Axl had some really great moments, the LALD scream especially, and the low rasp in Better, Chinese, Night Train, and Madagascar sounds great.  He always sounds better live than on people's recordings btw.

-Slash's solo was one of the best ones I've seen

-Hard Skool is a blast live, so is Absurd btw

-Coma is back and is always awesome

-Catcher and Sorry came very late in the set and those were really fun surprises.  They play these songs so well.  

-3.5 hours on a random Wednesday in Raleigh was unexpected and it came with a great setlist... that is a really remarkable, no other band plays nearly anywhere close to this long, it's incredible.   

-Overall this was a fucking amazing time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, liqddynamite said:

Caught this last night from the center of the pit rail.  8th or 9th show of the reunion, including 2 from 2016, and 3 from the pit rail, including the LA Forum masterpiece.

This show was right up there with the best I've seen, the best being the 2017 LA Forum.. 

-They all had a ton of energy, and Axl especially was smiling a lot and was very chatty.

-Axl had some really great moments, the LALD scream especially, and the low rasp in Better, Chinese, Night Train, and Madagascar sounds great.  He always sounds better live than on people's recordings btw.

-Catcher and Sorry came very late in the set and those were really fun surprises.  They play these songs so well.  

-3.5 hours on a random Wednesday in Raleigh was unexpected and it came with a great setlist... that is a really remarkable, no other band plays nearly anywhere close to this long, it's incredible.   

I'm just glad you got back safely

JK

19 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

We're going off topic but it's perplexing how little IRS was played during 2009-2014. I though for sure it would make a "comeback" in 2016 with Slash as it's the most rocking track on CD.

IRS with Slash's would be epic. Most rocking track with Chinese. The sound of the record is not good but the vocals are fire

17 minutes ago, liqddynamite said:

I know Slash gets a Lot of hate on Chinese's songs but his take on Sorry is pure fire

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Thank god Shadow is a terrible song. Reckless life 1mil times better

I agree that Reckless a much better song but they don't play it either way.. I do like SOYL a lot though.. I was looking forward to seeing it this tour but they didn't play it at the Fenway show..

16 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

This isn't Burger King....

17 minutes ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

IMHO fuck nu-GNR shite as a whole, I only want Slash n' Duff interpretations of anything associated with the name "Guns N' Roses" from 2016 forward.... 

I hear that.... I get that some people like that CD shit but a few songs in a show is enough.. 7 CD era songs live is fucking ridiculous..  They started doing that a couple years ago and backed off.. Hopefully they back off again..  So disappointing.. They played 5 CD songs (2 in the encore) in 2017 when I saw them and it definitely deflated the show for me.. Ruined the encore for sure..  Certainly ranked as my least favorite Guns show. Aside from 2002 but I don't count that one..

Almost 6 years and all they can do is paste tracks over NuGnR demos? Hopefully they have more in the bag than this... I doubt it though.. 

1 hour ago, opalho said:

They got rid of Shadow Of Your Love..., which is a shame, because I liked that number. 

Honestly, I feel so bad for the fans that attended the first concerts. From 21 songs - 30 songs!! But they did play Dead Horse so...

Ah man, I'm just excited for the Hollywood shows (and if anything interesting will happen there)

I was at the first show, and I don't see it as a bummer that they are playing a bigger set with new music now.  I look at it as a night out, so I don't care as much what they play.  I got to see my favorite band play a rock and roll show, and I still get to hear the new music and follow the other shows on here.  Don't look at the negative, just the positive you know?  I'm just happy they released some new music!!