09/29/21 - Raleigh, NC - PNC Arena

Powerage5

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I hear that.... I get that some people like that CD shit but a few songs in a show is enough.. 7 CD era songs live is fucking ridiculous..  They started doing that a couple years ago and backed off.. Hopefully they back off again..  So disappointing.. They played 5 CD songs (2 in the encore) in 2017 when I saw them and it definitely deflated the show for me.. Ruined the encore for sure..  Certainly ranked as my least favorite Guns show. Aside from 2002 but I don't count that one..

Almost 6 years and all they can do is paste tracks over NuGnR demos? Hopefully they have more in the bag than this... I doubt it though.. 

I wouldnt mind seven more CD songs in the setlist

4 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

I was at the first show, and I don't see it as a bummer that they are playing a bigger set with new music now.  I look at it as a night out, so I don't care as much what they play.  I got to see my favorite band play a rock and roll show, and I still get to hear the new music and follow the other shows on here.  Don't look at the negative, just the positive you know?  I'm just happy they released some new music!!

You're right man!

Positives - "Hard Skool" released, Eden Park show announced.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Eh another cover? Albeit I’d take anything over The Seeker. Especially when they are already playing You’re Crazy

Yeah it's a cover but they recorded it in an álbum and played it a lot back in the day. And it fucking rocks! Makes more sense to play it than Wichita / The seeker.

You can't top an angry Axl screaming I'M NOT A NICE BOY AND I NEVER WAS

34 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I probably like Nice Boys and Reckless about the same but Nice Boys is great... Everyone shit on the performance the one time they played it but I liked it.

NuGNR did a great rendition of it live a couple of times. Did You check it out? 😝

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, agustingloger said:

NuGNR did a great rendition of it live a couple of times. Did You check it out? 😝

I actually have haha.. I saw the one from 2012 or whenever it was where Axl sounded abdolutely phenominal.. Not sufre if that was the actual year but I was shocked.. 

10 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

which song is HD? but i agree with you on BHS and that neil young song hasn't been played since 2013 if i'm not mistaken. they might as well bring back I Feel Good

At least I Feel good had a GNR twist with the solo section, the others are just faithful covers... good, but none essential.

Since I don't have you or Bust!😄

Is there any footage of Hard Skool? or anyone hear it on a stream? curious if Axl sang it better on this show! seems the Raleigh crowd were too in awe of Absurd and Hard Skool to break their phones out!

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Stick a dagger in my heart!!!  I fucking LOVE Think About You... Most underated Guns song of all time..  Anything Goes is under appreciated too

I actually saw think about you live in 2001. Love love love that song. Very underrated tune. Needs to be added back in every now and then. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Stick a dagger in my heart!!!  I fucking LOVE Think About You... Most underated Guns song of all time..  Anything Goes is under appreciated too

I love it but i find it cheese sometimes and i barely listen to it i don't know ... The last "I think about You oooouuuuuunlyyyyyyyyyy youuuuuu was always one of my favourites Axl interpretations

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Dissident said:

It should have been on Appetite instead of Anything Goes. It is an amazing song

I always say this too

Maybe it's a hot take but take out the "listen up you guys" and stick that in place or anything goes and AFD is even better.

Slash really cooks in the intro.

Edited by Bitchisback
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Towelie said:

SOYL is a fantastic song. You're all nuts.

I agree and the fact it seems to be one of Axl’s better vocals on the set still surprises me  

7 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Think about you is heavily underrated IMO. Also think Anything Goes is good too AFD was a sleazy album and the song fits better than on UYI I think. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Man, Slash sucks on this. And to think people thought Ron's solo was lacking in taste, but at least that had melodic phrasing. This is literally like Slash playing the Chinese Democracy solo over a ballad.

Slash is good enough for CD and Better but Richard should play the solos for the other songs.