09/29/21 - Raleigh, NC - PNC Arena

Powerage5

18 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Fuck the solo, what is that atrocious background video?

image.thumb.png.b9cb4e6a94a3c564bbb238c94a3eac15.png 

Just now, Towelie said:

I think it's Lemmywinks the Gerbil King, travelling through Mr Slaves anal passage to the large intestine.

Wow, we literally thought the same about that 

• Haha 4

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

But yeah Slash has even made some really tasty ballad solos even later in his career, like in The Last Fight. Not sure why he wants to go full Eddie Van Halen on songs like TIl and Catcher now, it doesn't fit

Probably because he’s so bored playing some of these snoozefest CD songs, that when it gets to the part with him playing some guitar on there, he just wants to shred :lol:

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

But yeah Slash has made some really tasty ballad solos even later in his career, like in The Last Fight. Not sure why he wants to go full Eddie Van Halen on songs like TIL and Catcher now, it doesn't fit

His solo on The One You Loved Is Gone from his last album is great. Battleground before that as well just to name a few. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

But yeah Slash has made some really tasty ballad solos even later in his career, like in The Last Fight. Not sure why he wants to go full Eddie Van Halen on songs like TIL and Catcher now, it doesn't fit

It's more Michael angelo batio than EVH, have some respect for the master😄

There are a couple of times where he's clearly just listening to himself though and just barreling through solos, and it's not exclusive to Chinese songs. It's basically whenever he doesn't have a solid idea of a solo and just goes for it. I love hearing him do this sometimes, but other times it's a bit of a mess like how he played the solo in Sorry the other night. He plays some cool bits, but then he just won't stop and plays right on top of Richard and the vocal, making the band sound shakey.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

His solo on The One You Loved Is Gone from his last album is great. Battleground before that as well just to name a few. 

Battleground is a really nice solo!

For me, he hasn't written a 10/10 solo since VR and more specifically Fall to pieces, Dirty little thing, Slither but there have obviously been some other good ones on the solo albums and libertad.

I took my son (named Axl) to see GnR in Jacksonville 2 years ago.  I asked if he wanted to go this weekend.  He told me not really that Axl doesn't sing all the words and sounds out of breath.  hahahahaha coming from a 10 year old.  Then after just watching Hard Skool on Youtube ouch, Axl really mumbled that whole song, Why in the world would he release a new/old song that he can even keep up with?

Separate note, these last two shows set list has really stepped it up! hope they give one or two more surprises this weekend!!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PopcornAdler said:

I took my son (named Axl) to see GnR in Jacksonville 2 years ago.  I asked if he wanted to go this weekend.  He told me not really that Axl doesn't sing all the words and sounds out of breath.  hahahahaha coming from a 10 year old.  Then after just watching Hard Skool on Youtube ouch, Axl really mumbled that whole song, Why in the world would he release a new/old song that he can even keep up with?

Separate note, these last two shows set list has really stepped it up! hope they give one or two more surprises this weekend!!!

In his defense on HS, from the last line of the verses through each chorus takes a lot of breath and is difficult to sing.  They've never done Don't Damn Me live because of the breath it takes.  There's no way that the studio vocals of HS weren't done line by line and spliced together and that was 20 years ago or whenever he recorded it.

57 minutes ago, PopcornAdler said:

Shadow of your love is hard to sing and he does an amazing job on it. 

• Like 1

About Slash's solo on Catcher... Who really cares? I couldn't care less about how Slash plays the fucking solo of Catcher and  seriously can't beliveve how some of you complain about this. Be grateful You have Slash and Duff back in the band and playing that stuff and 6 songs per show. 

I'm not against they play Chinese's stuff but maybe with 3 we would be fine and removing Slither if that's a win for You. 

But get mad at Slash for his solo in Catcher is just hilarious 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Besides the tempo issue that can't really happen the 2nd time you play your new single , i think he was better the first time. The verses voice sounds weird and about to puke or something and maybe there's more raspy on the first chorus (where did like the last 2 ones where he goes high on the "all away") but after the first chorus he sounds kinda of weak. I'm not complainig just pointing out something thay i think it happens. I'm glad they release a new song that i really like and out there playing it. Wish he prepare it a little more at least for this one

29 minutes ago, agustingloger said:

About Slash's solo on Catcher... Who really cares? I couldn't care less about how Slash plays the fucking solo of Catcher and  seriously can't beliveve how some of you complain about this. Be grateful You have Slash and Duff back in the band and playing that stuff and 6 songs per show. 

I'm not against they play Chinese's stuff but maybe with 3 we would be fine and removing Slither if that's a win for You. 

Why not?

I've been in this forum since 2003 and didn't think it was hilarious people complaing about Robin/Ron solos.

1 hour ago, agustingloger said:

Having a different opinion isn't necessarily the same as complaining. If you like his solo or don't care then that's great, but why let it bother you if other people on the Internet don't feel the same way?