09/29/21 - Raleigh, NC - PNC Arena

50 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

30 song set is impressive! 

But really, who wants more CD songs in the set, when we have so many great UYI songs being ignored, and that would suit Axl’s voice so much better. 

You are right but maybe there is some fanbase actually loving GnR cause of CD. I know my friends are hooked on Madagascar.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, agustingloger said:

I can't believe Axl makes Slash and Duff play 5 Chinese songs ... Not that i don't like the songs but it's a bit too much. 5 Chinese songs + the covers + RQ's y KOHD's jams.... Not a great setlist. I know we say this a Lot but i don't remember other show since the reunion they played 5 Chinese songs. I can see it may be Richard Dizzy and Frank are part of the band too and they were part of the recording but i don't know. They could play so much better songs instead of all that... 3 Chinese songs are alright. I almost forgot Absurd / Hardskool are from Chinese too .. so 7 Chinese era songs . Appetite / Illusions 6 songs...... Come on Axl ....

Only good of this setlist is casuals didn't have a clue of what they were playing like half of the show

and I still contend Sorry was written about Slash

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

people that really like CD songs

At this point the only songs I'd get a kick from hearing from this line would be the ones they haven't touched yet specifically Street of dreams, I.R.S, Shacklers besides that I don't really need to hear the other stuff on the regular. I've never seen Pretty tied up or a lot of the other Illusions songs live so they are getting pop me a lot more on a gig. 

Side note, seeing Slash play If The world would be cool! he loves that Middle eastern/harmonic minor noodle, similar to Double talkin' jive

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

At this point the only songs I'd get a kick from hearing from this line would be the ones they haven't touched yet specifically Street of dreams, I.R.S, Shacklers besides that I don't really need to hear the other stuff on the regular. I've never seen Pretty tied up or a lot of the other Illusions songs live so they are getting pop me a lot more on a gig. 

This. I went to 4 shows of the reunion so i heard Slash n Duff takes on the regular Chinese's songs. I like Chinese though so i don't mind a few of them on the setlist and not just that, Chinese should be played every show but with 3/4 songs is enough. I wasn't Even born in 1992 so there are a lot of songs of that era that i've never heard live and i'm afraid i won't either. Dead Horse (maybe this one i Will )/ Pretty tied up / Bad Obsession / The garden / You ain't the first/ Nice boys . But being fair they changed the setlist enough through this years and there aren't many songs left to play. I would like to hear IRS from this line up too. And maybe is an unpopular opinion but i really like TSI and they never played that shit. Why play Wichita Linesman or The seeker (for 10 years now) instead of Black Leather/Down on the farm. 

3 hours ago, metallex78 said:

30 song set is impressive! 

But really, who wants more CD songs in the set, when we have so many great UYI songs being ignored, and that would suit Axl’s voice so much better. 

Seriously.. I check it out and I am glad I wasn't atthis show... Way too many freaking CD songs.. To Me Absurd and Hardschool are essentially CD songs too.. That set would have lost me... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, agustingloger said:

This. I went to 4 shows of the reunion so i heard Slash n Duff takes on the regular Chinese's songs. I like Chinese though so i don't mind a few of them on the setlist and not just that, Chinese should be played every show but with 3/4 songs is enough. I wasn't Even born in 1992 so there are a lot of songs of that era that i've never heard live and i'm afraid i won't either. Dead Horse (maybe this one i Will )/ Pretty tied up / Bad Obsession / The garden / You ain't the first/ Nice boys . But being fair they changed the setlist enough through this years and there aren't many songs left to play. I would like to hear IRS from this line up too. And maybe is an unpopular opinion but i really like TSI and they never played that shit. Why play Wichita Linesman or The seeker (for 10 years now) instead of Black Leather/Down on the farm. 

Oh yeah, I'd include songs like Black Leather, Since I don't have you in my 'would love to see these live' list.

For a long time it didn't look like Estranged would never be back in the set, we got that constant since 2012... there's hope to hear PTU considering they rehearsed it and soundchecked it, I think that one is just a matter of time!

I love Witchita, I don't think they need to have any non-album cover song in the set regular though. Pity GNR didn't do a TSI specific short tour in 1994, but Duff was fucked, Axl was getting sued and Slash was off the rails so it just couldn't work.

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

Swapped out for CD stuff

Not an equal swap! I love Chinese but Catcher is not a favourite of mine, on top of that Axl probably sounds the best out of every song on Shadow right now, so it's a bit of a head-scratcher. On the flipside, I appreciate them rotating songs!

10 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Absurd and HD are not CD songs. Let's stop that narrative right now...

I'm just glad BHS seems to be retired. Hopefully that Neil Young song never makes an appearance either...

which song is HD? but i agree with you on BHS and that neil young song hasn't been played since 2013 if i'm not mistaken. they might as well bring back I Feel Good

• Like 1

Just now, kingcanyon said:

which song is HD? but i agree with you on BHS and that neil young song hasn't been played since 2013 if i'm not mistaken. they might as well bring back I Feel Good

I meant HS and updated my post. I wasn't crazy about I Feel Good but wouldn't mind it rotated in every so often.

I do really like CD and would've been ecstatic to have been at that show, especially with HS played and Coma back. Besides us on here, I really don't think it would make a difference to the majority of the crowd if they played deeper UYI songs or CD songs. I was at the OKC show in 2019 when they pulled out Dead Horse and Locomotive. I lost my mind, but absolutely no one around us knew either of those songs and many sat down. The average crowd is happy with the radio hits and take whatever else they add with it. Hell, people were leaving during the encore at a few of the shows I was at this year because older people aren't used to 3 hour shows. It's the life of a nostalgia act, and even if they continue to release new music, they are a nostalgia act. The band seems to enjoy playing these songs, and if Slash and Duff didn't want to play them, Axl seems cool enough with them at this point that he would go along with it.