10/03/21 - Hollywood, FL - Hard Rock Live Arena

Powerage5

Never in a million years did I think I'd hear an audience shouting "pussy full of maggots" along with Axl!

Great show. Glad I was there. The crowd at least in the pit was into the whole show and singing along with everything (except Wichita). Axl was really playful and so was Slash. There was one time Slash was (I think pretending) to use Axl's mic stand as a giant slide. Axl and Slash seemed to be joking around with each other and really seemed to be enjoying playing together.

From what I could hear Axl sounded good. Between the mix and the singing along it's hard to hear him that well.

He seemed really appreciative of the fans for the whole tour, thanking us during band intros and then again before the bow. I've never seen him bring a mic out for the bow. Slash did a handstand on the way off.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, mingsubu said:

Are there any songs from this show where he doesn't go full mickey?

Wichita, Seeker, You're Crazy, Absurd, ohh and on Paradise City he was a full rasping motherfucker. 

Other songs barely Mickey. He was rasping here and there. 

But why do you care, don't you feel bad for those who watched? 

Edited by GoForJMark
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Paradise city was actually incredible🤣 Haven't heard a version that good in a long time! Rasp fans need to check it out, that's Axls love letter to us.

Wowsers. It’s a proper cracking version - pity the end was a bit messy but still…..a soundboard/official recording of that would be absolutely tremendous.

:headbang:

• Like 1

I know this was the last official show of the year, but I'd not be that surprised if they played some more especially considering Mexico/NZ & Australia were all canned. Some small pop up shows? Would be very cool if they did something similar to what Metallica did a few weeks back, playing those clubs in San Fransisco and Chicago. 

I hope they play a little before Europe next year though to keep the muscles limber! 

I was very surprised at how good Axl’s voice was, especially after hearing some of the streams and the comments in the threads during this tour.

I have been lucky to see some amazing shows since they got back together, including Vegas 2016 night one, and the Apollo show.  Decided last minute to see this and got lucky with pit tickets.  I actually put the quality of this show just above the Apollo show now.  Was a great night.

Lowlights :

Rocket Queen and KOHD are way to long at this point.  I think they should shorten the versions.  RQ used to be something I looked forward too.  It just felt like it was dragging on forever.

Highlights :

Band sounded so tight, best since the return.

Slash and Axl on the mic together for SOYL.

Absurd is much better live then just listening in the car.  I actually enjoyed it.

DTJ was a killer version.  Slash is on fire right now.

Slash and Axl seem to be enjoying each other.  I am guessing they even have some conversations off stage now J

• Like 4

2 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

Wichita, Seeker, You're Crazy, Absurd, ohh and on Paradise City he was a full rasping motherfucker. 

Other songs barely Mickey. He was rasping here and there. 

But why do you care, don't you feel bad for those who watched? 

Damn bro, I struck a nerve with you huh? Lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mingsubu said:

Damn bro, I struck a nerve with you huh? Lol

Lol,  at 1:28, yeah that's full rasp.

Can't post youtube clips here, they'll get blocked and this forum gets in shit too. It's shit, but you should remove the link so no asshole blocks that video.

Also... criticising a few words of clean vocal when the rest is washed in rasp. Get a grip🤫 It was a great performance, no need to troll

Edited by Tom2112

5 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Can't post youtube clips here, they'll get blocked and this forum gets in shit too. It's shit, but you should remove the link so no asshole blocks that video.

Also... criticising a few words of clean vocal when the rest is washed in rasp. Get a grip🤫 It was a great performance, no need to troll

Not to mention its from the wrong show....

Axl gave paradise a real good go last night, that last high note almost snapped into 06 Axl sound.

For sure his voice is definitely older/deeper than even back in 2017 and I doubt he could do that for too long but it was still a damn good effort.

Just now, SAU3R said:

Holy shit I just watched PC and it’s honestly the best version of this song since the reunion! He probably thought „Fuck it it’s the last show for 9 months so I don’t need to preserve anything for one song“

2017 was a raspy year for Paradise City. I'm sure there are better versions on those shows, specially the US ones.

3 hours ago, agustingloger said:

Holy shit Axl was on fire in Paradise City . I'm gonna miss them

Same here, I really had a blast following this tour - when it started I was so bummed and scared to see Axl, the quality of his performance. But damn the man has been great after a few shows, full of energy, interacting plenty, and sang his ass off.

Yesterday's PC is just proof that he has it, he's just pacing himself to not ruin his voice. Jungle was also quite strong.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

2017 was a raspy year for Paradise City. I'm sure there are better versions on those shows, specially the US ones.

Yeah the one with Dave Grohl in Tulsa comes to mind, but I think that the 2017 rasp sounded quite unhealthy, like it was just there because his voice was fucked from the constant touring.. last night sounded somehow more effortless 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Walapino said:

Axl on fire on PC! This puts to rest theories about his voice. Bring a new album motherfuckers! 

It doesn't put anything to rest. His higher rasp is toasted. The end of Hard Skool last night is a clear example.

With that said, I'm really enjoying Axl's current voice and it's the best he has ever sounded since 2017.

• Like 1