10/03/21 - Hollywood, FL - Hard Rock Live Arena

Powerage5

57 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Maybe we'll get a brief "Select" of Paradise City since Wolfgang joined and it was the last song of the tour. Much better than the Dave Grohl one they posted a couple weeks ago!

There could be a cracking Selects made from this run.

• Like 1

So - do we think that Oh My God is a likely release in the future based on the fact it appears there is a lyric video for the stage (that was played in error briefly last night)?

Really hope so - always liked OMG and would love to hear it live. I’m 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Confused 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

13 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

So - do we think that Oh My God is a likely release in the future based on the fact it appears there is a lyric video for the stage (that was played in error briefly last night)?

In which song??

8 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

Wichita, Seeker, You're Crazy, Absurd, ohh and on Paradise City he was a full rasping motherfucker. 

Other songs barely Mickey. He was rasping here and there. 

But why do you care, don't you feel bad for those who watched? 

Come on, saw wttj and hard skool on yt, no mickey at all. Axl nailed it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GNRfanMILO said:

The OMG lyrics in the YCBM video have been there for all the 2021 shows.

Hmm - very odd. I wonder why they would do that?

1 hour ago, alangarcianr said:

Maybe it was intended to be for OMG and they ended using it for YCBM. The animations have been the same since 2016 for many songs and if I’m not wrong, YCBM had Terminator-ish graphics 

Could be. Maybe not the big mystery it seemed - but still odd some OMG lyrics seem to have been there all along!

I skimmed some of last nights show on YouTube today. Paradise City in particular. Holy hell Axl hasn't sounded that phenomenal on that song in as long as I can fucking remember. No doubt because it was the last show and had nothing to risk losing with his voice. But man if he could manage that nightly...

All around great show last night IMO. 

• Like 2

On 10/4/2021 at 2:33 AM, mingsubu said:

Are there any songs from this show where he doesn't go full mickey?

Yeah, I just watched the Hard Skool from the last gig at the Hard Rock..and Axl sounds horrible honestly IMO. I thought people were saying it was good.  I don’t know if people are delusional or what but it’s Mickey falsetto the whole way through..I was cringing the whole time. I listened to the clip with like 6,000 views too. Are people hearing something I’m not or what the fuck is going on? This discrepancy makes me question people’s hearing. 

Edit: went and listening to HS from 10/2 and even worse. Listened to the 10/3 performance a few more times. Crap imo even though it got a bit better towards the end. Gonna listen to some more songs from 10/3 before I have a full on existential crisis on people’s opinions on these vocals. 

Edited by Martin Riggs
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Martin Riggs said:

Listening to Paradise City with Wolfgang. Axl sounds drunk or high introducing him.

Didn't seem that way to me from 15 feet away from him but if he was and that's what it takes to give that PC performance then he should keep doing it!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Didn't seem that way to me from 15 feet away from him but if he was and that's what it takes to give that PC performance then he should keep doing it!

Really doubt they'd drinking on tour. And I mean this, Duff/Slash can't drink anymore I doubt they'd have any alcohol around

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

It wasn’t a mistake. They used the exact same video in Baltimore for YCBM last week.

13 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

It wasn’t a mistake. They used the exact same video in Baltimore for YCBM last week.

Yeah - someone mentioned it after my post. Still a bit odd to have OMG references in it though - it’s not like YCBM has those words.

Is the video generic enough that it could be used for both songs?

7 hours ago, gnr5 said:

Really doubt they'd drinking on tour. And I mean this, Duff/Slash can't drink anymore I doubt they'd have any alcohol around

I think we have seen plenty of pictures of Axl with a beer after the show and from what I read it doesn't bother Slash to be around booze.. He is just done.. 

As for Axl sounding drunk or high, he may be but I think he always sounds weird talking now. It is like his face/jaw doesn't move the way it is supposed to and looks and sounds like the dentist shot him with novacaine or something.  It is very noticable in that interview he did with Duff.  Whatever it is, it doesn't seem natural. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

I hope they fill some of the open dates with more shows. Would be great since they were in FL to come back through and hit ATL. My best friend and I had tickets pre-covid, then it was cancelled, and not added back.

And then maybe hit Nashville so I could see them 2 more times 😂