Help with feedback/sustain (Aint it fun intro)

Hi guys

I am just learning the intro solo of Aint it fun and would be very thankful if anyone of you could let me know how I can get the feedback/sustain at the 0:06 second mark. 

Do I need some sort of a pedal? 

I have got a Les Paul and a Marshall DSL5 amp. 

In general I am very happy with my tone but cannot figure out how to create this feedback :-(

Thanks very much in advance for your help! 

Sounds more like plugging the string directly over the pickup in a flat angle with your pick while bending that note. If all else fails try standing real close to the amp and point your pickups directly to the speaker (caution though, at a certain volume level this might damage your equipment or ears). No pedal needed for this.

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2021 at 6:52 PM, zigzagbigbag said:

Hi guys

I am just learning the intro solo of Aint it fun and would be very thankful if anyone of you could let me know how I can get the feedback/sustain at the 0:06 second mark. 

Do I need some sort of a pedal? 

I have got a Les Paul and a Marshall DSL5 amp. 

In general I am very happy with my tone but cannot figure out how to create this feedback :-(

Thanks very much in advance for your help! 

The feedback at about 6 seconds in? Hold the note and stand with your pickups facing your guitar amp speaker (not too close), the note will bleed into harmonic feedback; you'll definitely be able to get it with a 5 watt valve amp.

• Thanks 1