the latest thing to speculate on

3 minutes ago, vloors said:

Rhcp album is done

Rhcp albums done and far from top secret with chad smith and flea openly talking about it

Also Rick works with more than one band at a time. I have no reason to believe he's working with gnr though. I think this falls under wishful thinking, but fuck it😄

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

The only thing dangerous about GNR these days is Axl's cholesterol 

This, my friend, has got to be the joke of 2021 on this board. LOL amazing

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

20 years ago I’d have been well happy to have Rubin involved…not so much now. His involvement with MetallicAs Death Magnetic was underwhelming (not so much the album but the sonics). Can’t say I’ve been bowled over by much since either.

Can you imagine him doing his guru stuff with GNR…could be a laugh right enough. 🤣

Wasn't Rick in the running to produce VR back in the day? Obviously he wasn't chosen.

It would make some sense for it to be GnR, not so much in regards to Rick Rubin, but to the studio: it's in Axl's neighbourhood and it might be comfortable for him to go and work there with less chances of being noticed.

But Slash filmed in the yard, dressed casually and with headphones on doesn't suggest it has anything to do with GnR. It looks like one of his projects/guest spots or his own promotional stuff.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Wasn't Rick in the running to produce VR back in the day? Obviously he wasn't chosen.

They said it was because he was too busy working with many other bands at the same time, so he'd only show up once a month, listen to what they'd done and tell them to write more songs.

Duff: You know, it seemed like a great idea at the beginning, with Rick – and we’ve known him forever, since the late 80s. But he works completely different than this band does. This band, when we say, “Okay, we’re ready to work,” we mean we’re ready to work, like, the next day. And Rick is kind of like, “Well, okay, I’ll see you guys tomorrow,” and he shows up a month later and just kind of says, “Write more songs” - but nothing else, you know? He was doing a lot of records at the time. And about three months of kind of Rick just coming by once in every four weeks, we realized that we weren’t gonna probably have a record out until 2008. So we just… you know, it was an amicable split. [...] You know, maybe we’ll do a record with him at some point. But we’ll have to say to Rick, “If we’re gonna say we have a start date, that means we’re in the studio recording.”

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3432-2007-07-01-faceculture-interview-with-duff

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

They said it was because he was too busy working with many other bands at the same time, so he'd only show up once a month, listen to what they'd done and tell them to write more songs.

Duff: You know, it seemed like a great idea at the beginning, with Rick – and we’ve known him forever, since the late 80s. But he works completely different than this band does. This band, when we say, “Okay, we’re ready to work,” we mean we’re ready to work, like, the next day. And Rick is kind of like, “Well, okay, I’ll see you guys tomorrow,” and he shows up a month later and just kind of says, “Write more songs” - but nothing else, you know? He was doing a lot of records at the time. And about three months of kind of Rick just coming by once in every four weeks, we realized that we weren’t gonna probably have a record out until 2008. So we just… you know, it was an amicable split. [...] You know, maybe we’ll do a record with him at some point. But we’ll have to say to Rick, “If we’re gonna say we have a start date, that means we’re in the studio recording.”

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3432-2007-07-01-faceculture-interview-with-duff

That seems to be his method most of the time now. There was an interview with Ozzy or someone about 13 and he said that Rick basically did that also, just came by from time to time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Slash should arm wrestle Axl and Fernando at the same time, with the winner gaining full control of Guns N' Roses.

Slash would win, and there'd be 32 new albums in the next five years.

Slash could team up with Bucket and release 320 GN'R albums in three years. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

20 years ago I’d have been well happy to have Rubin involved…not so much now. His involvement with MetallicAs Death Magnetic was underwhelming (not so much the album but the sonics). Can’t say I’ve been bowled over by much since either.

Can you imagine him doing his guru stuff with GNR…could be a laugh right enough. 🤣

Axl's already had his Guru: Yoda.

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

That seems to be his method most of the time now. There was an interview with Ozzy or someone about 13 and he said that Rick basically did that also, just came by from time to time.

Then, he has the same method that Axl has.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

At first I thought it would be about his new Epiphone signature line, but he's clearly using a Gibson.

Epiphone did hint at the new line today, though. Also, this riff sounded very good, is this from a SMKC track? 

https://twitter.com/Epiphone/status/1417304009338200066?s=19

Yes, the riff is Call of the Wild (1st track on Living the Dream). It's not really a hint; Slash posted about them in January and Gibson confirmed the release date last week. Comes out tomorrow I think.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yes, the riff is Call of the Wild (1st track on Living the Dream). It's not really a hint; Slash posted about them in January and Gibson confirmed the release date last week. Comes out tomorrow I think.

I meant hint for the release. It's already out, at least for reviews. I'm watching the Anderton's channel reviewing it right now :)

Thanks, I'll check out this song. It's funny because I heard the album when it came out, but I guess my memory isn't working properly. 

45 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

This isn't necessarily related to Meegan's other post (Slash filmed at Rick Rubin's studio). They could be two different Slash projects.

"so you're telling me there's a chance"

• Haha 3

Rick Rubin was supposed to produce Libertad but basically told the band “the songs you’re writing all suck, write other ones!” Which he was 100% right about, by the way, but VR got lazy and didn’t listen and probably felt pressured to follow up the hype of Contraband as fast as possible, but that ended up backfiring on them and Libertad (and VR itself) crashed and burned as a result.

• Like 1