the latest thing to speculate on

46 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Rick Rubin was supposed to produce Libertad but basically told the band “the songs you’re writing all suck, write other ones!” Which he was 100% right about, by the way, but VR got lazy and didn’t listen and probably felt pressured to follow up the hype of Contraband as fast as possible, but that ended up backfiring on them and Libertad (and VR itself) crashed and burned as a result.

No there's some good songs on Libertad, the production just sold them short so they didn't sound as good as they could've been.

These are out now. I don't know if Slash tells them what music to put in the videos but it's interesting that they're using SMKC song here instead of GnR. Did the same thing with the Gibson Slash collection video and some of the other older ones.

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

No there's some good songs on Libertad, the production just sold them short so they didn't sound as good as they could've been.

These are out now. I don't know if Slash tells them what music to put in the videos but it's interesting that they're using SMKC song here instead of GnR. Did the same thing with the Gibson Slash collection video and some of the other older ones.

It takes the other 2 to sign off on the licensing to use GNR music. Slash/his team would have to approve SMKC being used here as well but it’s a much easier road Don’t think it’s anymore than that

On a side note, disappointing they aren’t using his new Gibson or Seymour Duncan pickups in these guitars at that price point. The older epiphones came stock with the Duncans. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

It takes the other 2 to sign off on the licensing to use GNR music. Slash/his team would have to approve SMKC being used here as well but it’s a much easier road Don’t think it’s anymore than that

On a side note, disappointing they aren’t using his new Gibson or Seymour Duncan pickups in these guitars at that price point. The older epiphones came stock with the Duncans. 

It says they're "Custom ProBuckers" so maybe they're an Epiphone version of the Gibson Slashbuckers? I guess they didn't want to put in aftermarket pickups.

19 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

It might be that Slash what's to be thought of as relevant😄 Plus, if you're watching this video you know he played Paradise city and Sweet child. 

18 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

Yeah, it's indeed disappointing. But the Gibson 2020 line doesn't have SDs either, so it makes sense they wouldn't put that on Epiphones. But I see no reason on why they didn't at least use the same Slashbuckers as the GIbson line.

14 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

It says they're "Custom ProBuckers" so maybe they're an Epiphone version of the Gibson Slashbuckers? I guess they didn't want to put in aftermarket pickups.

From what I heard on reviews, it sounds like regular Epiphone ProBuckers with some extra to sound less muddy and more crunchy. It does not sound as good as the Slashbuckers tho to justify the extra 200 in comparison to the regular Epiphone Standard. 

Still, it's a pretty good guitar. It's just that IMO it's overpriced. 

34 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Yeah, it's indeed disappointing. But the Gibson 2020 line doesn't have SDs either, so it makes sense they wouldn't put that on Epiphones. But I see no reason on why they didn't at least use the same Slashbuckers as the GIbson line.

From what I heard on reviews, it sounds like regular Epiphone ProBuckers with some extra to sound less muddy and more crunchy. It does not sound as good as the Slashbuckers tho to justify the extra 200 in comparison to the regular Epiphone Standard. 

Overpriced and not as good as it should/ could be. Gnfr, man! 

Edited by El Guapo
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Yeah. Especially when they used Gibson pickups in the new Epi 1959. 

If anyone is really in the market for a Slash epiphone, I’d highly suggest the older models. Especially the 2010 Epiphone Appetite model. Great looking top and the color looks correct. Comes stock with the Duncans and the used market is still around these new models for the time being 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Yeah. Especially when they used Gibson pickups in the new Epi 1959. 

If anyone is really in the market for a Slash epiphone, I’d highly suggest the older models. Especially the 2010 Epiphone Appetite model. Great looking top and the color looks correct. Comes stock with the Duncans and the used market is still around and even under these new models for the time being 

4 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Yeah they should be about $200 less I think.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 7/19/2021 at 5:05 AM, Asdiz said:
On 7/19/2021 at 5:28 AM, Blackstar said:

Bumping because it seems it was indeed something having to do with the "Playing For Change" project:

• Like 1