NITL Selects.. Why are the mixes so bad?

7 hours ago, El Guapo said:

The vibe of GnR today is like Slash and Duff do not give a fuck at all. Maybe they went into this with good intentions and got crushed by the whole TB/ Axl Rose way of (not) doing things, to the point where they're just like "Ah, fuck this shit, wheres my money"".

And Axl probably gave up completly, his vision didn't work out at all, now he's stuck with Slash. So he doesn't care either and lets TB do whatever.

It's speculation of course, but that's the vibe I get with the selects and everything else.

I think you might be right. 

mixes aside, the entire production of them is just boring.. You get no feel as to the energy of the crowd.. That is a huge part of live videos imo.... They are certainly capable.. The just posted some 30 second "We're f'n back" video on facebook and it showed more crowd footage than all the selects combined.. Of course to a studio track because......

• Like 2

8 hours ago, El Guapo said:

The vibe of GnR today is like Slash and Duff do not give a fuck at all.

And Axl probably gave up completly, his vision didn't work out at all, now he's stuck with Slash. So he doesn't care either and lets TB do whatever.

Fair enough. Taking all that into account, is it all a facade, then, jerry-rigged by TB? Is Axl their big old housecat, which they take for walkies in global venues?

19 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

To be fair, the mix isn't by any means the worst bit. Axl's voice is insufferable. Heavily regretting keeping my tickets for London. 

Oh the mix is miles better than Axls "performance". But both are still shit, it's just different grades of shit. 

Look you might get the one night of the tour where he doesn't sound like shit, fingers crossed😄 I refunded mine and have no regrets.

• Like 1

It's unfortunately very sad and hilarious that, for years, everyone screamed that they wanted a reunion. And this is what we've ended up with. I literally cannot even bother with listening to this stuff. I just go back and watch my '02, '06, and '11-'12 low quality boots. 

• Like 1

I have watched a few of the vids in the past and thought, the mixes are weird, the lead guitar is abnormally loud and the whole thing doesn't gel properly.

Saying that, I just listened to the Brasilia selects and was surprised how good they were. Axl is really good on Jungle, barely any Mickey. Almost like UYI quality, or at least the overall sound of those hybrid mixes on Live Era.

Honestly to get my "post-reunion" GNR fix I always just go to audience recordings of shows, when recorded well even on a phone you get a clearer and better sounding representation of what you actually hear at the shows, than any of these Selects mixes have provided thus far IMO

• Like 1