Used to love her Official Pro footage

this makes my brain itch. its a tribute to the lady on the bongos, ok... but why go all the way for this? Axl found out she passed away or something and said "go look in the vault for a show in Belgium 1993, she played bongos on Used To Love Her, clean that out and put on youtube with nice words" or there's something else on the way?

• GNFNR 2
  • Confused 1

How does it come, that Slash posted it on his ig (in reference to this crew member) hours before the official band account/channel does ?

Has Slash the hands on some pro shot material ?

it looks a bit like: "oh, look what Slash has done, let's copy and paste !"

Or is it just the normal GnR mess when it comes to do things in the right order ?

Either way, good to have it !

Edited by EricA

2 minutes ago, EricA said:

How does it come, that Slash posted it  on his ig (in reference to this crew member) hours before the official band account/channel does ?

Has Slash the hands on some pro shot material ?

it looks a bit like: "oh, look what Slash has done, let's copy and paste !"

Or is it just the normal GnR mess when it comes to do things in the right order.

Either way, good to have it !

The most logical explanation for me is that the band collectively (Axl, Slash and Duff), have been looking at the UYI tour vault, either because there's a definite plan to release a UYI box set (or generally something related to UYI) or because there are just thoughts of it. Or, maybe, one of them just remembered that there was footage with that crew member who passed away and they looked for it specifically. I don't think Slash had this in his own "vault".

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I get that I am in the minority but I have never been a fan of Axl's heavy use of rasp during the UYI touring. I find it grating. To me he was better in the 80s and in 2006 and later. 

I’m with you on that. ‘86-‘88, 2001, 2006 are probably my favorite vocal periods from the old red head, that said, I’m glad they’re finally beginning to open the vault regardless of personnel that may be in them. Hopefully a sign of things to come!

• Like 1