Jump to content

Used to love her Official Pro footage


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Was Belgium 93 a known video recording or is it a ‘new’ source we didn’t know about?

There's been a bootleg video out there.

But this one is obviously pro-shot by the band's film crew.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, EricA said:

How does it come, that Slash posted it on his ig (in reference to this crew member) hours before the official band account/channel does ?

Has Slash the hands on some pro shot material ?

it looks a bit like: "oh, look what Slash has done, let's copy and paste !"

Or is it just the normal GnR mess when it comes to do things in the right order ?

Either way, good to have it !

Yeah. I had the same thought when I saw it first pop up on his IG.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

There's been a bootleg video out there.

But this one is obviously pro-shot by the band's film crew.

Yeah - I was aware there was a bootleg but hadn’t known of a pro shot (like Saskatoon etc). Nice to have and it SOUNDS good too!

25 minutes ago, mystery said:

What show/songs would be holy grails from this tour? I'd personally like to see footage of Locomotive and Garden of Eden live.

Garden Of Eden would be tremendous - I’ve heard bootlegs of it when they were on YouTube and it sounded heavy and mean. Think it was only performed 3 times or something.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Yeah - I was aware there was a bootleg but hadn’t known of a pro shot (like Saskatoon etc). Nice to have and it SOUNDS good too!

Garden Of Eden would be tremendous - I’ve heard bootlegs of it when they were on YouTube and it sounded heavy and mean. Think it was only performed 3 times or something.

I just want to see if Axl dances like he does in the video.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

A little more fun, lightness and spontaneity like this could do wonders for upcoming shows.

Bring back those unplugged sets, Axl sounds great with just acoustic guitars and little percussion.

Absolutely!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, EricA said:

How does it come, that Slash posted it on his ig (in reference to this crew member) hours before the official band account/channel does ?

Has Slash the hands on some pro shot material ?

it looks a bit like: "oh, look what Slash has done, let's copy and paste !"

Or is it just the normal GnR mess when it comes to do things in the right order ?

Either way, good to have it !

 

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

The most logical explanation for me is that the band collectively (Axl, Slash and Duff), have been looking at the UYI tour vault, either because there's a definite plan to release a UYI box set (or generally something related to UYI) or because there are just thoughts of it. Or, maybe, one of them just remembered that there was footage with that crew member who passed away and they looked for it specifically. I don't think Slash had this in his own "vault".

What if Slash secretly has his own vault with videos etc in it?

15 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Great video! Sadness about it member crew, she may be had GNR member's age. RIP.

She was 58.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds awesome! 

Hope this is from them combing through the UYI vault. That's a shame about Lori though. 

56 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Bring back those unplugged sets, Axl sounds great with just acoustic guitars and little percussion.

I've thought for the longest time that they should have an acoustic B-stage in the middle of the set. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Sounds awesome! 

Hope this is from them combing through the UYI vault. That's a shame about Lori though. 

I've thought for the longest time that they should have an acoustic B-stage in the middle of the set. 

Especially since an acoustic set would be easier on Axl's voice at this point. Their Wichita Lineman cover is a good example of how good they sound playing an acoustic song.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Yeah - I was aware there was a bootleg but hadn’t known of a pro shot (like Saskatoon etc). Nice to have and it SOUNDS good too!

Well, we've known that the band has pro-shot footage of all the UYI shows. And now they've released some of it officially for the first time.

22 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

What if Slash secretly has his own vault with videos etc in it?

He said in one of his interviews that he'd like for UYI tour footage to come out, implying that he didn't have any of it personally.

29 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

She was 58.

Yeah, same age as Axl.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dare I say, besides a couple of the last frames with some noise, the digital conversion was pretty solid. And like people said, the sound was good too. I'd love to hear a proper electric performance in that quality though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It's cool that they posted an unseen Skin N' Bones video, but I'll probably never watch/listen to that again... :shrugs:

Jeez I hate to say it but... I really do love the song.. I love the fact that they posted some classic era footage and I hope we get to see more.. I just never liked the way Axl sang Used To Love her and You're Crazy during the Skin N' Bones tour.. It was just over too over the top.. Especially for acoustic songs.. Like a parody of himself... Sounded great on songs like Reckless Life, Nice Boys and just about every other song they played that tour.. Just not those two. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Jeez I hate to say it but... I really do love the song.. I love the fact that they posted some classic era footage and I hope we get to see more.. I just never liked the way Axl sang Used To Love her and You're Crazy during the Skin N' Bones tour.. It was just over too over the top.. Especially for acoustic songs.. Like a parody of himself... Sounded great on songs like Reckless Life, Nice Boys and just about every other song they played that tour.. Just not those two. 

 

Yea I'm glad they uploaded some UYI footage, and it was a nice sort of gesture in that lady's memory. Agreed about the way he sang it though, it would be great if they also uploaded stuff like Reckless Life, Garden Of Eden, Nice Boys, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...