Used to love her Official Pro footage

13 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea I'm glad they uploaded some UYI footage, and it was a nice sort of gesture in that lady's memory. Agreed about the way he sang it though, it would be great if they also uploaded stuff like Reckless Life, Garden Of Eden, Nice Boys, etc.

Either of those two would be utterly brilliant. 🤯

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I get that I am in the minority but I have never been a fan of Axl's heavy use of rasp during the UYI touring. I find it grating. To me he was better in the 80s and in 2006 and later. 

Agreed. The reason I grew up loving GNR was Axl's rasp and Slash's solos. But as time went by and I've come to dig other artists, this '93 100% raspy voice started to seem a bit boring for my ears and actually like poor technique, as if he was really hurting himself. In 91-92 his voice was also very raspy but had more spice in it, very interesting to hear and with great performances.

I went see him live in 2010 and felt the same way (amazing show tho).  But for me he's found his best mix during the 2006 run, and for a little while in 2016.

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Either of those two would be utterly brilliant. 🤯

IMO Reckless Life is their most under rated song..

Love that Axl was wearing a Suicidal shirt by the way \m/

Hope this video is the beginning of many more to come. Would be sweet if the remastered some of the shit too. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

At least 10 times better than SOYL.

It's a pitty they never recorded the song properly on studio.

• Like 2

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

You don't like the LIES version?

I do! But the fact that it's a raw recording (i mean the instruments were recorded all together), doesn't do it justice. They should've done it track by track with Clink on the AFD sessions and released as a single b-side maybe. :shrugs:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jafeijo said:

Agreed. The reason I grew up loving GNR was Axl's rasp and Slash's solos. But as time went by and I've come to dig other artists, this '93 100% raspy voice started to seem a bit boring for my ears and actually like poor technique, as if he was really hurting himself. In 91-92 his voice was also very raspy but had more spice in it, very interesting to hear and with great performances.

I went see him live in 2010 and felt the same way (amazing show tho).  But for me he's found his best mix during the 2006 run, and for a little while in 2016.

I've said before that I actually like the way he sang Dead Horse better in 2019 despite the lack of rasp. The way he sang it in 93 is like nails on a chalkboard.

20 minutes ago, jafeijo said:

They should've done it track by track with Clink on the AFD sessions and released as a single b-side maybe. :shrugs:

I always thought a proper Reckless Life in place of Anything Goes would have made AFD even better. Anything Goes is the only thing close to not great on there and even that’s a stretch to say haha

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Love that Axl was wearing a Suicidal shirt by the way \m/

Hope this video is the beginning of many more to come. Would be sweet if the remastered some of the shit too. 

Yeah Reckless Life has a real raw energy and it’s a pity it hasn’t been played more often.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NicDwolfwood said:

All things considered, this is pretty cool. I'm not gonna say this means anything like vault opening up or some sort of UYI anniversary release, but it's nice to see regardless. 

What this means is they apparently have such material at their disposal. Why they don't just put entire shows on Youtube "as is", that's... a question for the management. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, EricA said:

How does it come, that Slash posted it on his ig (in reference to this crew member) hours before the official band account/channel does ?

Has Slash the hands on some pro shot material ?

it looks a bit like: "oh, look what Slash has done, let's copy and paste !"

Or is it just the normal GnR mess when it comes to do things in the right order ?

Either way, good to have it !

I think this is key, I think Slash has videos and he knew Lori was in this one and posted it as a tribute. Then GNR camp was like "ohh shit, I want all those views for our YT channel". But I'm sureeee TB had NOTHING to do with this video being posted.

And yes, Slash has got to have some PRO-Shot stuff, its his career after all

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

He's talking about Sailing from Wembley 2006 here... as much shit as I give Fernando, I'd be ecstatic if they actually shared that footage.

Zl5umGa.jpg

Thanks for sharing that! How wonderful if that does happen.

I would very much love it if they recorded that in the studio in 2006 as well. Would be a great addition to any album, even as a bonus track.

28 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Thanks for sharing that! How wonderful if that does happen.

I would very much love it if they recorded that in the studio in 2006 as well. Would be a great addition to any album, even as a bonus track.

As of three months ago Fernando said "still looking..." don't hold your breath

16 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Jeez I hate to say it but... I really do love the song.. I love the fact that they posted some classic era footage and I hope we get to see more.. I just never liked the way Axl sang Used To Love her and You're Crazy during the Skin N' Bones tour.. It was just over too over the top.. Especially for acoustic songs.. Like a parody of himself... Sounded great on songs like Reckless Life, Nice Boys and just about every other song they played that tour.. Just not those two. 

I agree. I never liked when he goes right for the higher voice on the first verse. It suffers a similar fate these days when he Mickey's half the song when it's a song incredibly suited for his natural voice. I just don't get it.

That said - amazing footage all the same. It's nice to have some footage of Axl sounding good which is few and far in between on their official channel!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I get that I am in the minority but I have never been a fan of Axl's heavy use of rasp during the UYI touring. I find it grating. To me he was better in the 80s and in 2006 and later. 

Peak Axl is '87/'88, and i honestly think he has become technically superior as he has aged (despite what people say of his performances). 

Edited by Live Like a Suicide