New SMKC record early in 2022

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

I honestly don't even think the information you're looking for exists in a tangible way. Everything just seems in utter limbo on that front right now.

Are you talking about GnR or SMKC? I was referring to SMKC.

31 minutes ago, Ratam said:

It isn't would be Slash release SMKC record in early 2022, then late 2022 GNR Record.... :mellow:

Maybe, if they have something ready.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

So I guess they have the whole album recorded already then, because they're not going to have time to record anything the rest of the year. I also think they're working with a different producer this time around. Going to try to find out more info soon.

New producer would be very interesting. Myles works almost exclusively with Elvis Baskette, with Apocalyptic Love and AB's first album being the only exceptions I know of. I think he even worked with Elvis on the Mayfield Four records. But there are plenty of us who are tired of Elvis' compressed sound, so I'd love to hear a new producer. Maybe someone who will push Myles a little more. 

Good for Slash fans, at least they get some new music with him.

Up next: Duff's releases a new book and a blue wig kicks off the brandnew GNHair merch line.

It's been 13 years since Chinese Democracy, in between that and UYI were 17 years, so statistically it's only 4 more years until the next GNR album in 2025, give or take a couple of decades.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MidnightToker said:

New producer would be very interesting. Myles works almost exclusively with Elvis Baskette, with Apocalyptic Love and AB's first album being the only exceptions I know of. I think he even worked with Elvis on the Mayfield Four records. But there are plenty of us who are tired of Elvis' compressed sound, so I'd love to hear a new producer. Maybe someone who will push Myles a little more. 

Reason I say that is because so far (to my knowledge) Elvis didn't come out to LA to work with them earlier this year, and they recorded at a well known studio in Nashville which is the main studio for a well known producer, so my guess is they did it with this other guy instead. Maybe Elvis was already booked elsewhere?

47 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Up next: Duff's releases a new book and a blue wig kicks off the brandnew GNHair merch line.

A lot of bands have been releasing make up/hair lines, just imagine 

Chinese Democracy red eyeshadow

November Rain blue hair dye

The possibilities are endless. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, adamsapple said:

It's been 13 years since Chinese Democracy, in between that and UYI were 17 years, so statistically it's only 4 more years until the next GNR album in 2025, give or take a couple of decades.

Its been 13 years of silence, its been 13 years of paaaain

• GNFNR 1

6 hours ago, adamsapple said:

Good for Slash fans, at least they get some new music with him.

Remember when Axl said after releasing CD: The next album will come out faster I promise.

It has now been 13 years.

Just to remind people this is the band we’re fans of. If you are still a fan today after 2 13+ year waits you will be here for life.

5 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

There may be something to this considering Mike Clink produced the Rocketman cover. Maybe he did the new SMKC album too…?

That would be cool if he was. 

However, there was never going to be another GnR record, unfortunately. Its been 5 yrs since reunion, why start now. 

1 minute ago, jimisbatman said:

That would be cool if he was. 

However, there was never going to be another GnR record, unfortunately. Its been 5 yrs since reunion, why start now. 

I’m not talking about GN’R, I said that maybe Mike Clink produced the next SMKC album. 

Just now, metallex78 said:

I’m not talking about GN’R, I said that maybe Mike Clink produced the next SMKC album. 

Yeap....... And, it would be cool if he does produce SMKC

2 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

That's what I meant. Sorry for mix-up 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

There may be something to this considering Mike Clink produced the Rocketman cover. Maybe he did the new SMKC album too…?

The Rocketman cover was recorded a couple years ago, when the movie was still in development. It's just a one off. 

13 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

If Slash's album is out early next year, I doubt they would release a GNR album so close. If by early they mean January/February for the Slash album, then he could still have time for a reasonable solo tour and then GNR can drop a new album coinciding with the European tour next summer.

This year can be entirely written off. It's a "return to live shows" and perhaps even a UYI anniversary tour.

Dont you think that Slash would like to support the new album with a summer tour? 

November 2023 is the earliest possible date for a new GN'R album.

Edited by Sosso

5 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Remember when Axl said after releasing CD: The next album will come out faster I promise.

It has now been 13 years.

Just to remind people this is the band we’re fans of. If you are still a fan today after 2 13+ year waits you will be here for life.

Yeah. And people think Sade fans have it bad. :lol: Well, at least here is touring in between and not complete radio silence.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, sofine11 said:

Anyone else feel like a SMKC album announcement is Slash's way of mercifully tempering the expectations of GNR fans?  

It's Slash way of saying, that he doesn't give a shit about a new GNR album, he got his own shit to take care of. Good for him. 5 years of GNR reunion, zero GNR albums, 2 SMKC albums. Who would have thought? We know he's living the dream. Wonder what the new one is gonna be called.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

It's Slash way of saying, that he doesn't give a shit about a new GNR album, he got his own shit to take care of. Good for him. 5 years of GNR reunion, zero GNR albums, 2 SMKC albums. Who would have thought? We know he's living the dream. Wonder what the new one is gonna be called.

Diluted Expectations

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Of course, this band, the music it has given me so much I will forever be grateful and support them no matter what - and of course I will bitch and complain too, it sorta goes hand in hand in a way.

If only Axl could see that the "loyalty" he is said to value so much is provided first and foremost by people like us, the stupid fans.

• Like 1