Jump to content

New SMKC record early in 2022


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Ratam said:

It isn't would be Slash release SMKC record in early 2022, then late 2022 GNR Record.... :mellow:

Slash will be out promoting his record in late 2022. He's probably going from Jan-April and will likely do his last bit of touring after the Euro Guns tour wraps up. I guess the bucket has been kicked to 2023.

Honestly, this GNR album should have taken precedence, but Slash can't wait forever. GNR fans will have to wait and then wait some more

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Honestly, this GNR album should have taken precedence, but Slash can't wait forever. GNR fans will have to wait and then wait some more

There comes a point when ya just stop caring though. In so much as the moment has passed for the band to release an album and somewhat legitimise the lineup. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

30 years after Spaghetti Incident. I would love that. I like even numbers. ;)

The Spaghetti Incident 2.0 with Duff and Melissa on lead vocals. Punk as Fuck! 

Edited by Sosso
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Perfect time for spaghetti incident II

I wonder which covers they could include. 

Sailing

Layla

The Seeker

Riff Raff

Whole Lotta Rosie

I Feel Good 

Johnny B. Goode (Instrumental) 

Any other suggestions? 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I wonder which covers they could include. 

Sailing

Layla

The Seeker

Riff Raff

Whole Lotta Rosie

I Feel Good 

Johnny B. Goode (Instrumental) 

Any other suggestions? 

Black Hole Sun :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Black Hole Sun :lol:

Wichita Line Man :facepalm:

Beautiful :facepalm::facepalm:

 

But yeah, Spaghetti 2. Then 2 years later UYI 3 and 4 years later AFD 2 and call it a day. :P Perfect bookend.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Slash will be out promoting his record in late 2022. He's probably going from Jan-April and will likely do his last bit of touring after the Euro Guns tour wraps up. I guess the bucket has been kicked to 2023.

Honestly, this GNR album should have taken precedence, but Slash can't wait forever. GNR fans will have to wait and then wait some more

Then now we fan's remain just an + year of pure speculation. I think the limit to new album is 2023 or never again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sosso said:

I wonder which covers they could include. 

Sailing

Layla

The Seeker

Riff Raff

Whole Lotta Rosie

I Feel Good 

Johnny B. Goode (Instrumental) 

Any other suggestions? 

Hard call🤔 I really enjoyed Don't let it bring you down while it was in the NuGuns set, Axls clean voice actually suited it! Would be a welcome return to the set to replace the seeker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The last time GNR reluctantly releases new music, George W Bush was president of the United States of America 

I would not expect a new GNR album until either Chelsea Clinton or Ivanka Trump are President, so Slash is right to release new music with his band 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sosso said:

I wonder which covers they could include. 

Sailing

Layla

The Seeker

Riff Raff

Whole Lotta Rosie

I Feel Good 

Johnny B. Goode (Instrumental) 

Any other suggestions? 

I have long craved a GNR instrumental version of Johnny B. Goode! The inclusion of that track alone would pump the album to top spot on any self respecting chart! :P But in all seriousness a sequel to The Spaghetti Incident at this point would be nothing short of a joke. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Wichita Line Man :facepalm:

Beautiful :facepalm::facepalm:

 

But yeah, Spaghetti 2. Then 2 years later UYI 3 and 4 years later AFD 2 and call it a day. :P Perfect bookend.

I think im in the minority who really likes Wichita Lineman 🤣.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I think im in the minority who really likes Wichita Lineman 🤣.

I like it too. Only problem I had with it was that it was a regular song in the set that could have been PTU or any number of other rarely heard songs that used to get played. I'd love to hear a studio version of Witchita! 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I always liked it, Axl did a great job with the vocal

👍

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

I like it too. Only problem I had with it was that it was a regular song in the set that could have been PTU or any number of other rarely heard songs that used to get played. I'd love to hear a studio version of Witchita! 

 

Agreed it should have been used more sparingly to have PTU or any other actual GNR song played more. I think they would kill this in the studio.

Well - at least I three of us like it. 🤣

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I like it too. Only problem I had with it was that it was a regular song in the set that could have been PTU or any number of other rarely heard songs that used to get played. I'd love to hear a studio version of Witchita! 

 

 

It was a highlight of the later NITL shows, it might be a cover but at least Axl sounded recognizable, and it was a nice acoustic song... if anything needed replacing it was stuff like Better, Rocket Queen, etc...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...