[NEW ALBUM DISCUSSION THREAD] Gibson Launches Record Label, to Release Slash Album Next Year

Ralphelmo

5 hours ago, Martin Riggs said:

Now that SMKC are almost back…this is an underrated great tune IMO:

And this:

Both great tunes.

1 minute ago, Gibson87 said:

I mean point taken but they'd sound way better with a singer that has more grit. 

Like who?

So I guess it's not unreasonable to expect the new single this Friday?

15 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Both great tunes.

Like who?

So I guess it's not unreasonable to expect the new single this Friday?

Slash knows why he works with Myles and that won't change in near future but if I could choose one I'd go with Andrew Stockdale.

What does he do actually? Is Wolfmother still active?

9 minutes ago, Gibson87 said:

Off the top of my head? Rod Jackson or M. Shadows, something like that. I'm not trying to stir shit up, I just am not a fan of Myles' voice when it comes to SMKC. He sounds great in Alter Bridge.

I guess the main thing for Slash was to have someone who was easy to work with and wouldn't cause drama, and also with Myles it worked out that he's able to fit SMKC in around AB. That may not have worked out as well with M Shadows or someone.

• Like 1

Just now, Free Bird said:

Slash knows why he works with Myles and that won't change in near future but if I could choose one I'd go with Andrew Stockdale.

What does he do actually? Is Wolfmother still active?

Yeah they are, I think he was briefly considered because he did a few appearances with them but Myles was selected instead. I can see why, I think Andrew wasn't completely sober back then and Myles is 100% professional.

The other thing is that he probably didn't want a singer who was going to try to take over the show and Myles is the perfect choice for that. I really like how it's evolved from "Slash ft Myles Kennedy and some other guys" to an actual band, like when you watch them on stage they interact with each other like a band does, not like a featured artist + some hired guys. Like Todd and Fitzy are as much a part of the identity of the band as Slash and Myles. I think SMKC is the band that Slash always wanted to have, A+ players who are real pros and no drama.

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah they are, I think he was briefly considered because he did a few appearances with them but Myles was selected instead. I can see why, I think Andrew wasn't completely sober back then and Myles is 100% professional.

The other thing is that he probably didn't want a singer who was going to try to take over the show and Myles is the perfect choice for that. I really like how it's evolved from "Slash ft Myles Kennedy and some other guys" to an actual band, like when you watch them on stage they interact with each other like a band does, not like a featured artist + some hired guys. Like Todd and Fitzy are as much a part of the identity of the band as Slash and Myles. I think SMKC is the band that Slash always wanted to have, A+ players who are real pros and no drama.

And he treads them as band members, allowing them to have creativ input in making the records. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

I think besides 'You're a Lie', both 'World On Fire' and 'Driving Rain' haven't got any promotion, it was just uploaded without any special advertising.

Without an announcement? I mean, without a specific release date? IIRC we always knew when something was gonna be released but I can be wrong.

• 3 months later...