[NEW ALBUM DISCUSSION THREAD] Gibson Launches Record Label, to Release Slash Album Next Year

Ralphelmo

Myles-kennedy-conspirators-slash-press-2

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/record-labels/9605940/gibson-record-label-slash-album-2022

Gibson Guitar has just announced via Billboard  the launch of their brand new record label, Gibson Records. The label’s first release in early 2022 will be the next album by Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators. 

THIS IS NOT the end of the news, stay tuned, later this evening (CET)... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welp, it’s official. We’re getting TWO slash albums post-reunion before we get a GnR album, unless you count the boxsets… Sigh… Oh well…

in other news: interesting to see a guitar company go this route, and cool of slash to support them in this way. Hope it all goes well for them!

18 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I'd say this is good news but I really hoped the release of this record would be this year.

He will be on tour with GN'R from July 2021 until November 2021 and then again from June 2022 until July 2022. 

That leaves a space of six months for Slash to promote SMKC. 

Edited by Sosso

Basically as long as GnR doesn't add more dates next year they can do a SMKC tour in the spring for a couple months then again from August or Sept through Nov. And then maybe some more in 2023.

If they're looking at a early 2022 release then hopefully they'll release a single too (and hopefully it'll be really good).

• 1 month later...

Apparently the new Slash album is out in February and he’s releasing a new single next month….

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailynews.com/2021/09/10/guns-n-roses-guitarist-slash-flies-in-from-concert-tour-for-universal-studios-halloween-horror-nights-opening/amp/

“Aside from returning to rock venues across the U.S. this year, Slash also revealed that there’s a fourth Slash featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators album in the can. The album will be released in February and the first single will be out next month.

“It’s really a rockin’ record and we recorded it in Nashville in the studio live with Dave Cobb producing it,” he added. “It’s just really rad.”

• Wow 1

20 hours ago, Martin Riggs said:

Apparently the new Slash album is out in February and he’s releasing a new single next month….

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailynews.com/2021/09/10/guns-n-roses-guitarist-slash-flies-in-from-concert-tour-for-universal-studios-halloween-horror-nights-opening/amp/

“Aside from returning to rock venues across the U.S. this year, Slash also revealed that there’s a fourth Slash featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators album in the can. The album will be released in February and the first single will be out next month.

“It’s really a rockin’ record and we recorded it in Nashville in the studio live with Dave Cobb producing it,” he added. “It’s just really rad.”

Was just about to post that. Great news, really looking forward to the new single. Maybe everyone who is disappointed with Absurd will be more into this haha.

Wish they would release his score from Halloween Horror Nights online. The one from a few years ago on Spotify is really good.

• Like 2

It seems they went with a new producer. I like Elvis, but this is good news for me. Alter Bridge, Slash, and Mammoth WVH all have a very similar sound, not just with the production but with the song writing, too. Maybe a new collaborator will lead to a fresher sounding record than Living the Dream.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I don't know :lol:

If it's similar to Driving Rain and Mind Your Manners then I doubt I'll be more into it.

I think Slash's single choices aren't his best decisions.

I thought those were both great songs. The single choices from AL and WOF were good.

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

It seems they went with a new producer. I like Elvis, but this is good news for me. Alter Bridge, Slash, and Mammoth WVH all have a very similar sound, not just with the production but with the song writing, too. Maybe a new collaborator will lead to a fresher sounding record than Living the Dream.

Yes, Dave Cobb. Seems like they recorded it more or less live as well.

2 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I thought those were both great songs. The single choices from AL and WOF were good.

Let's say it this way. The singles weren't exactly my favorite songs on those releases.

But that's not bad because there are enough other songs that I enjoy on each of his albums.

7 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

That is what that producer is known for. It is hit thing. He is the hottest producer in Nashville at the moment. Check out some Whiskey Myers or Chris Stapleton, he produces their albums and many many other big names. Rival Sons too. This guy is legit and will sit in with the band and help them with songs and structure etc when needed plus he plays many instruments. This is a big deal. 

1 hour ago, smoking guns said:

That is what that producer is known for. It is hit thing. He is the hottest producer in Nashville at the moment. Check out some Whiskey Myers or Chris Stapleton, he produces their albums and many many other big names. Rival Sons too. This guy is legit and will sit in with the band and help them with songs and structure etc when needed plus he plays many instruments. This is a big deal. 

I'm aware, I've known about him for a long time.

19 hours ago, smoking guns said:

Interesting.  Sounds like this guy could have been a better fit for the execution of Myles' solo albums than Elvis would (and I for one enjoyed Year of the Tiger and Ides of March, but Elvis' production is not for everyone and it may get a lot more tiring the more albums he produces in the Alter Bridge circle).

Edited by Anguyen92

I also think a new producer is a positiv sign and good for the sound of the band. The lead singles of LTD could have been straight out of WOF. A new sound is necessary IMO.

Hopefully Myles uses his deeper bluesier voice more on this one, instead of chasing the highest notes possible, as well as not trying to make a happy record. I think that's what he's good in.

• Like 2