[NEW ALBUM DISCUSSION THREAD] Gibson Launches Record Label, to Release Slash Album Next Year

Ralphelmo

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/5/2023 at 1:15 PM, t-p-d-a said:

Still waiting for another live BD/DVD/CD record with "4" songs :-(

On 1/9/2023 at 1:15 PM, Free Bird said:

Let them tour "4" and I'm sure they release another blu ray

Probably will film something when they tour Europe next year, and we'll have more proshot videos to check out too.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/26/2022 at 11:20 AM, RichardNixon said:

I think, front-to-back, it's his best album. 

Now that it's been out a while, I think it might be his worst solo record (outside of Snakepit) but I still enjoy some of it. Fall Back to Earth is killer, Fill My World is fun, the lead single is great... but it definitely feels a little rushed/half-baked and I'm not wild about the mixing compared to their last album.

It's not a bad album - but it doesn't have as many highlights as World on Fire or Apocalyptic Love, and even though his first solo record had some cheesy tracks, it also had some pretty great ones (like the Cornell and Astbury songs and even the Fergie track) and I think 4 suffers to really reach as much consistency as some of those. 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 4:51 AM, Estranged Reality said:

Now that it's been out a while, I think it might be his worst solo record (outside of Snakepit) but I still enjoy some of it. Fall Back to Earth is killer, Fill My World is fun, the lead single is great... but it definitely feels a little rushed/half-baked and I'm not wild about the mixing compared to their last album.

It's not a bad album - but it doesn't have as many highlights as World on Fire or Apocalyptic Love, and even though his first solo record had some cheesy tracks, it also had some pretty great ones (like the Cornell and Astbury songs and even the Fergie track) and I think 4 suffers to really reach as much consistency as some of those. 

That means... you prefer 4 to one of the Snakepit records?

On 3/24/2023 at 11:51 PM, Estranged Reality said:

I think that Slash's 2010 album is, by far, the best thing Slash has released outside of GN'R.

On 3/26/2023 at 11:34 AM, Free Bird said:

I'd rank 4 over Ain't Life Grand.

• Wow 1

8 hours ago, RichardNixon said:

I think that Slash's 2010 album is, by far, the best thing Slash has released outside of GN'R.

I'd rank 4 over Ain't Life Grand.

I wouldn't say it's by far the best thing, but there's a lot of tracks on it that I enjoy.

I think World on Fire was the most cohesive-sounding and well-produced record he's done with Myles. Apocalyptic Love had "We Will Roam" and "Standing in the Sun" which I think are both really overlooked by the casual fanbase and some of the best stuff he's done since Guns. I really liked Living the Dream, too, and I feel like it gets kind of written off sometimes. "Driving Rain," "The One You Loved...," "Lost Inside...," and "Slow Grind" are pretty solid. But definitely has the least number of re-listenable tracks for me compared to those records.

On 3/26/2023 at 11:34 AM, Free Bird said:

I prefer it to both Snakepit records.

I've never really loved those albums. I love Slash and there are a few tracks here and there that have good riffs or solos, but I never cared much for either of the singers he chose, and I think a good amount of the material felt uninspired. 

• Wow 1

16 hours ago, Estranged Reality said:

I wouldn't say it's by far the best thing, but there's a lot of tracks on it that I enjoy.

I think World on Fire was the most cohesive-sounding and well-produced record he's done with Myles. Apocalyptic Love had "We Will Roam" and "Standing in the Sun" which I think are both really overlooked by the casual fanbase and some of the best stuff he's done since Guns. I really liked Living the Dream, too, and I feel like it gets kind of written off sometimes. "Driving Rain," "The One You Loved...," "Lost Inside...," and "Slow Grind" are pretty solid. But definitely has the least number of re-listenable tracks for me compared to those records.

I prefer it to both Snakepit records.

I've never really loved those albums. I love Slash and there are a few tracks here and there that have good riffs or solos, but I never cared much for either of the singers he chose, and I think a good amount of the material felt uninspired. 

I think the Snakepit records are Slash's rawest, most rock n roll and most Guns sounding records outside of GNR of course. Therefore these are easily favorites because these are the attributes I love the most when it comes to music.

• Like 2