[NEW ALBUM DISCUSSION THREAD] Gibson Launches Record Label, to Release Slash Album Next Year

Ralphelmo

Yea I never thought about by the sword, which is a really great song. However we are talking about the singles with SMKC, which have all been quite generic and no where near the quality of the other songs on the albums. So it's fair to say that his new single, if he follows the same trend he has been doing with SMKC, will simply not be as great as HS. On the album as a whole, I am hoping it returns to the likes of Apocalyptic Love. Todd seriously needs lead vocals on a song! 

2 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

I can easly name 20 SMKC songs that are more complex than HS, not to mention Absurd which contains only one chord for 3 minutes.

it doesn't matter how complex a song is as long as you like it. Absurd contains 2 chords in the verse. It's So Easy for example 3 chords. It really doesn't mean anything. You must really dislike Punk or The Ramones.

thank fuck not every rock song in the world is musically complex. A lot of people want some variety.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, skik08 said:

Yea I never thought about by the sword, which is a really great song. However we are talking about the singles with SMKC, which have all been quite generic and no where near the quality of the other songs on the albums. So it's fair to say that his new single, if he follows the same trend he has been doing with SMKC, will simply not be as great as HS. On the album as a whole, I am hoping it returns to the likes of Apocalyptic Love. Todd seriously needs lead vocals on a song! 

Apocalyptic Love was an amazing record. Definitely his best solo outing in my opinion 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 4:06 PM, Martin Riggs said:

Apparently the new Slash album is out in February and he’s releasing a new single next month….

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailynews.com/2021/09/10/guns-n-roses-guitarist-slash-flies-in-from-concert-tour-for-universal-studios-halloween-horror-nights-opening/amp/

“Aside from returning to rock venues across the U.S. this year, Slash also revealed that there’s a fourth Slash featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators album in the can. The album will be released in February and the first single will be out next month.

“It’s really a rockin’ record and we recorded it in Nashville in the studio live with Dave Cobb producing it,” he added. “It’s just really rad.”

Who's Dave Cobb, is he good? And just read below quote from Myles article "Asked about the sound and style of the new SLASH FEATURING MYLES KENNEDY AND THE CONSPIRATORS LP, Myles said: "The thing about the record is that it's got a live vibe to it. It was a record that was recorded in kind of an old-school way. So, with that said, without giving too much away, it definitely has a bit of that energy and that vibe that a lot of us listened to growing up. So, it was fun. It was a fun record to make".      

It'll be interesting to hear the riffs that didn't make the gnr cut, assuming axl didn't want them.

8 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

Who's Dave Cobb, is he good? And just read below quote from Myles article "Asked about the sound and style of the new SLASH FEATURING MYLES KENNEDY AND THE CONSPIRATORS LP, Myles said: "The thing about the record is that it's got a live vibe to it. It was a record that was recorded in kind of an old-school way. So, with that said, without giving too much away, it definitely has a bit of that energy and that vibe that a lot of us listened to growing up. So, it was fun. It was a fun record to make".      

It'll be interesting to hear the riffs that didn't make the gnr cut, assuming axl didn't want them.

he produced Rival Sons a bunch of times so maybe he knows his shit when it comes to the Zeppelin sound and he's a guitar player as well.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

I don't think it works this way. I really doubt Slash gives riffs to Axl and takes back unwanted stuff to SMKC. Slash mentioned a few times he writes music separately for both bands. And I honestly don't think there's an upcoming album from GNR.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

What I meant was less generic, because thats the main objection against SMKC and I fully disagree with that.

Yeah SMKC is definitely not generic compared to other current rock bands. Anyone who says that needs their hearing checked.

12 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

12 hours ago, Rovim said:

he produced Rival Sons a bunch of times so maybe he knows his shit when it comes to the Zeppelin sound and he's a guitar player as well.

He's produced a lot of other Nashville artists as well, so he has experience doing stuff other than rock.

I don't think it works this way. I really doubt Slash gives riffs to Axl and takes back unwanted stuff to SMKC. Slash mentioned a few times he writes music separately for both bands. And I honestly don't think there's an upcoming album from GNR.

Yeah, and most of these songs were already written earlier. Whatever he wants to use for GnR he'll send to Axl and Duff but he's keeping whatever he wants for SMKC.

• Like 2

What I meant was less generic, because thats the main objection against SMKC and I fully disagree with that.

I saw the band once two years ago. Great musicians but the most memorable song was Nightrain. 

GN’R tour just ended and already the hype machine is starting for new SMKC…!

Ten second teaser on Instagram, with Slash saying "I think the record itself is the best one we've done so far...  we're showing no signs of slowing down"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUn7DJHlnoe/?utm_medium=copy_link

Nice tasty riffing, sounds promising!

Edited by metallex78
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

Band wouldnt last more than 10 months with him. We've been there bro, this type of person cant't be good for Conspirators.

I mean, point taken but they'd sound way better with a singer that has more grit. 

Edited by Gibson87