[NEW ALBUM DISCUSSION THREAD] Gibson Launches Record Label, to Release Slash Album Next Year

Ralphelmo

4 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Any guesses what they're going to play? One of the already released singles or something completely new? 

Usually they air 2 songs (or 1 song plus a 2nd one uploaded to YouTube) so those will probably be River is Rising and one of the others (my guess is Call Off The Dogs). In 2018 they played Driving Rain and Mind Your Manners (taped for TV) then Call of the Wild, World On Fire, and Anastasia. I think we can count on The River Is Rising as the main one that's aired on TV though.

The interview will be interesting too, although I don't think we'll hear anything that we don't already know.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

There's a rule to not ask Slash about GNR on interviews during SMKC Tour/Time.

You say that, but virtually every Slash interview on SMKC time has returned a GN'R soundbite of some sort, so we'll probably get something, even if it's nothing of substance

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoMw94 said:

You say that, but virtually every Slash interview on SMKC time has returned a GN'R soundbite of some sort, so we'll probably get something, even if it's nothing of substance

Yeah it'll just be the usual stuff, possible singles coming soon, UYI boxset, etc. Highly doubt we'll hear anything new. Same with the SMKC info tbh.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

i feel like slash has talked more about Gn'R in his interviews than his own band honestly lol.

Maybe reluctantly but he has defiantly been asked GnR questions.

Tends to be most outlets will try their luck with one question after doing the standard SMKC album promo questions.

51 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

Cool sound, but Slash's playing was not that great. Great energy though, they were having real fun, not dollar-pumped fun like the other band.

I thought they did pretty good, Slash too. Nothing wrong with his playing imo. And I like this song much more than the LTD singles MYM and DR

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

Cool sound, but Slash's playing was not that great. Great energy though, they were having real fun, not dollar-pumped fun like the other band.

I found the solo a bit sloppy towards the end, otherwise it sounded great and im loving the energy. Excited to hear the songs live since the mix of the album appears to be a bit lacking - Fill My World has the best studio mix. 

53 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Liking the sound of C'est La Vie and April Fool based on this!

Yeah those 2 sound cool.

Kind of getting irritated with the stuff Dave is saying though about it being so great that they're recording live etc. How about you mix it to today's standards and then we'll talk.

• Like 1