Final day of rehearsals

2 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

kind of feels early for a final day of rehearsals, no?   they will probably fly out to hershey on Thursday (my guess is the big 3 stay in NYC from Thursday until Saturday).  just seems like a lot of down time.  idk. 

They rehearse in LA right? I'm assuming they rehearse with the same gear that they use on tour, so they've gotta truck all that across the country...

I wonder if they have recorded the rehearsals for potential streams on Social Media. 

(Just kidding, I pretended this is Metallica for a second)

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Sosso said:

I wonder if they have recorded the rehearsals for potential streams on Social Media. 

(Just kidding, I pretended this is Metallica for a second)

Don't think anyone would be paying much of anything to watch an instrumental rehearsal. 

12 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They rehearse in LA right? I'm assuming they rehearse with the same gear that they use on tour, so they've gotta truck all that across the country...

definitely true, but I assume they have rehearsal  gear and then stage gear.  but I make alot of unqualified assumptions, so you are probably correct. 

1 hour ago, GoBucky said:

I have a good friend who's in the industry...he plays and works with a few small/midsized bands and works for a live equipment company out in LA. He was here in Chicago late last week and told me that he was working at the building Gn'R was rehearsing at for a day last week and said they were working on different songs from last tour and heard parts of a few songs he didn't know, and Axl was there. He's not a massive Guns fan, but has seen them numerous times since 87 and does know all of their recorded songs, so I guess take that for what it is. I figured he was just BSing me cause he knows I am a huge fan, but he sent me a few short recordings he took on his phone of Foo Fighters rehearsing at a different building a month ago, so I know he's around these bands. He was in an out all day and I suppose he didn't pull his phone out for this one because of that and probably Guns management walking around.. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but we've been friends for a long time and I trust him emphatically.

Did he tell you how Axl sounded/looked?

2 hours ago, GoBucky said:

I have a good friend who's in the industry...he plays and works with a few small/midsized bands and works for a live equipment company out in LA. He was here in Chicago late last week and told me that he was working at the building Gn'R was rehearsing at for a day last week and said they were working on different songs from last tour and heard parts of a few songs he didn't know, and Axl was there. He's not a massive Guns fan, but has seen them numerous times since 87 and does know all of their recorded songs, so I guess take that for what it is. I figured he was just BSing me cause he knows I am a huge fan, but he sent me a few short recordings he took on his phone of Foo Fighters rehearsing at a different building a month ago, so I know he's around these bands. He was in an out all day and I suppose he didn't pull his phone out for this one because of that and probably Guns management walking around.. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but we've been friends for a long time and I trust him emphatically.

Axl attending band rehearals almost gets my hopes up a bit, from what I understand last time he actually rehearsed with a band was with AC/DC and that turned out pretty good.

As for the songs your friend didn't know, perhaps a new cover or maybe songs from Chinese Democracy? Most people might know classic GNR but not be very familar with that album.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoBucky said:

Any chance he heard Axl screaming anything about ’all cautions made’ or having his ‘eye on you’….. 🤣.

In all seriousness, good that Axl was there and sounds positive that there was ‘unknown’ stuff being played (be it new/rare).

Edited by DTJ80
  • Haha 3