Final day of rehearsals

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I can't fathom that the order of the songs mean so much to people :lol: The band is adding a new song to the show, an unreleased song, something the band hasn't done since 2006 yet fans get all emo about the order of the songs :lol:

I never thought a running order of songs would piss me off so much, but after 5 years it does. It's a live show, not a record.

I'm not complaining about the choice of songs at all, could live without the covers but they play all hits plus rotating deep cuts, all good. As for new material I believe it when I hear it. I know all setlists from the past 20 years, it was mostly a core setlist with options being added later on in the tour. But how late is late enough after 5 years of touring witthout a new album.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ThePreacher said:

But is it listed as ALT song? Or do I read it wrong?

The fact that they included Hard School in the main setlist doesnt change the fact that it's an ALT song. 

It's just for this specific setlist. 

Edited by Sosso

21 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Is it just me or during the breakdown of Hardschool do you hear the Axl tracks going “ay ay ay” like one of his voice ad libs. If that’s what he plans on doing during the breakdown that’ll be a cool little throwback GNR sound.

Yeah, I hear it too.

I think they'll have one addition to the show tonight. Maybe PTU? Or did they play that before?

Maybe one of the next shows they'll have Hardschool.

Still slightly hoping to be surprised regardless!

26 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Is it just me or during the breakdown of Hardschool do you hear the Axl tracks going “ay ay ay” like one of his voice ad libs. If that’s what he plans on doing during the breakdown that’ll be a cool little throwback GNR sound.

There was a rumour like a year or year and a half ago that more vocals had been added during the breakdown part.

I kinda think the 'ay ay' parts were triggered by Melissa? Like how she triggers Axl's backing tracks on Madagascar, Locomotive, etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

There was a rumour like a year or year and a half ago that more vocals had been added during the breakdown part.

I kinda think the 'ay ay' parts were triggered by Melissa? Like how she triggers Axl's backing tracks on Madagascar, Locomotive, etc.

Hate the backing tracks on Madagascar.... Robins were SO much better on 2002 they sounded amazing. Axls suck on the record and live 

Having exactly the same setlist structure after 5 years, is just lazy. In my case, I don’t even care that much because even if they did change it, I would’ve already memorized the new one by the time they hit my country :lol:

Regarding Hardschool, the chances of them not playing it tonight are still there, but people shouldn’t be mad at it IMO (besides the people that are actually at the show, obviously). They’ll definitely play it on this leg of the tour, so it’s just a matter of time. Does anyone remember how they debuted Dead Horse and Locomotive? I remember we found out about Locomotive because a Meegan story, but it was in the middle of the tour leg IIRC.

There’s also the chance of them never playing Hardschool at all, just playing it on soundcheck till the end of times, as a fuck you to the Village leaks :lol:

Edited by GNRfanMILO

4 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Having exactly the same setlist structure after 5 years, is just lazy. In my case, I don’t even care that much because even if they did change it, I would’ve already memorized the new one by the time they hit my country :lol:

Regarding Hardschool, the chances of them not playing it tonight are still there, but people shouldn’t be mad at it IMO (besides the people that are actually at the show, obviously). They’ll definitely play it on this leg of the tour, so it’s just a matter of time. Does anyone remember how they debuted Dead Horse and Locomotive? I remember we found out about Locomotive because a Meegan story, but it was in the middle of the tour leg IIRC.

There’s also the chance of them never playing Hardschool at all, just playing it on soundcheck till the end of times, as a fuck you to the Village leaks :lol:

Has the band soundchecked anything since 2016 that hasn’t eventually been played live? (other than PTU and TAY) I know OMG has been on the alts list but I don’t think they ever soundchecked it.

Edited by ApacheChief42

Just now, ApacheChief42 said:

Has the band soundchecked anything since 2016 that hasn’t eventually been played live? I know OMG has been on the alts list but I don’t think they ever soundchecked it.

99% Sure they have sounchecked OMG.

Was OMG rehearsed or soundchecked with Axl? Because that's what makes the difference. Slither was in the alt setlist in 2016 and it'd obviously been rehearsed by the rest of the band, but wasn't rehearsed with Axl until 2018 when they played it.

They have included Perfect Crime as an Alt. Song for lots of NITL shows, but there’s no video or audio evidence of them ever soundchecking it with Axl (they did instrumentally).

Of songs that they did soundcheck with Axl, I think it’s just Pretty Tied Up and Think About You (and Hardschool).

Edited by GNRfanMILO

Meegan shared some videos of the last sound check. Hard school was played and it has some CGI animations (no sound)

edit: it was deleted. It was some chick dancing and some lettering with the gnr font and HARD SKOOL on repeat

Edited by alangarcianr
  • Wow 1

15 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

They have included Perfect Crime as an Alt. Song for lots of NITL shows, but there’s no video or audio evidence of them ever soundchecking it with Axl (they did instrumentally).

I don't want to sound mean, but Axl might actually collapse on stage if he tries to sing Perfect Crime these days :smiley-confused2:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dgnr said:

I don't want to sound mean, but Axl might actually collapse on stage if he tries to sing Perfect Crime these days :smiley-confused2:

I think he would sound similar to how he sounds in shadow of your love. He could go full axl/dc rasp monster mode, but probably less likely

• Like 1

I was listening to the Locomotive performance that GnR officially put up a while ago. Its probably one of the last songs anyone would expect the band to pull out so massive respect to them. Axl really struggles though even on the non raspy parts and seems out of breath. It'll be really cool if they play more of their own catalog instead of jams or covers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

May I ask what you actually expected? 

The band is using a true and trusted setlist but has added a deep cut and a new song. I think it is great. 

I think the frustration is down to the fact that this change is what most bands would do almost every gig, whereas guns announce an all new show, "the next chapter", and this is what we get. 

Hoping the setlist is the old Mexico one, otherwise its quite disappointing even for gnr level.