Final day of rehearsals

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

No number on HS and PTU, so maybe optional? 

Good shout…looks like HS has 30 beside it. Looks like AFD as the name of the guitar to be used too?

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

You've gotta be fucking kidding me. 

Also, can someone explain those words written by hand there? 

Names of the guitars I think - CD has BICH which I think is a BC Rich?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Just curious, where did you find this pic?

If I tell you, I'll have to kill you :smiley-confused2:

5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

No number on HS and PTU, so maybe optional? 

Yeah, most likely. For today's show I mean. Pretty sure they will play them as the tour goes. They rarely play new songs on the first date.

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

You've gotta be fucking kidding me. 

Also, can someone explain those words written by hand there? 

:lol: Slash's guitars names

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thomasmcole said:

"The next chapter" / "all new show" my ass! 

They've basically changed the setlist less than a normal band would between two nights. 

Were you expecting twenty new songs, better than WTTJ, ISE, Brownstone? If not then it was never going to be changing that much. 

I also hear of lots of world famous bands who barely change their set list at all, over the course of many years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

Nice to see the original 1987 Les Paul Standard will be making an appearance again (nicknamed Jessica).

So I guess we can depend on HS and PTU being played for sure; I wonder if there's any other treats further down the list.

Just curious, where did you find this pic?

They have skipped songs on the general setlist before, so i wouldn't count on HS or PTU being played 100% at Hershey, but very likely in the future.

• Like 1

But why they play "Hardschool" ? Will Axl tell the crowd "This is a new song, for the upcoming album"? Is the "new album" a serious thing? I can't  imagine they are play Hardschool without releasing it

• Like 1

Just now, t-p-d-a said:

But why they play "Hardschool" ? Will Axl tell the crowd "This is a new song, for the upcoming album"? Is the "new album" a serious thing? I can't  imagine they are play Hardschool without releasing it

They'll probably just play it and he won't even comment.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, t-p-d-a said:

I can imagine them doing anything, whether it's good or bad.

But I am also 100% convinced that they will release a new record (some day).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Carburetta said:

Were you expecting twenty new songs, better than WTTJ, ISE, Brownstone? If not then it was never going to be changing that much. 

I also hear of lots of world famous bands who barely change their set list at all, over the course of many years.

No and I understand they've limited options due to the small amount of albums they have but at least a new opener, few other new tracks. This is the 5th year of the reunion and very little has changed setlist-wise. I can't think of many other bands doing that. 

If they're not cha going things up why advertise it as such? 

I am baffled, everybody has been asking for new music, understanably.  Well it seems there is none but they may be playing an old tune, apart from that the same set list mixed up a little.  Well I am terribly disappointed.d ,  the same over and over again.  Why are people so excited?

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Bansidhe said:

They'll probably just play it and he won't even comment.

Mad how folk are like that. I remember a time when Dundee were playing against Arbroath and the manager of the Dens Park side at the time was Jocky Scott, who for the entirety of the game had a jetpack on. Everyone in attendance and on the highlights seen it, but when questioned about it at his post match press conference, he had no idea what anyone was talking about and denied that it happened. Odd behaviour. 

2 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Wait... how did they advertise it?

He may be referring to them advertising "THE NEXT CHAPTER" and "WHOLE NEW SHOW" for the postponed shows originally last year.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dean said:

He may be referring to them advertising "THE NEXT CHAPTER" and "WHOLE NEW SHOW" for the postponed shows originally last year.

Oh, I see... well, they're not old shows, so what else can you expect?

Also, they haven't even played yet, maybe people should wait first before getting all mad again.

(not that you can expect all new songs, do you guys really think they're not going to play the big hits which most people want to hear?)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

Oh, I see... well, they're not old shows, so what else can you expect?

Also, they haven't even played yet, maybe people should wait first before getting all mad again.

(not that you can expect all new songs, do you guys really think they're not going to play the big hits which most people want to hear?)

With a band the size of Guns N' Roses, they'll always play the hits to cater to the casual fans who will take up the majority of these large venues. That said, I think the frustration from the community is based purely on the seeming reluctance to move forward and put out new music, both with previous lineups and current, which has been over the course of 10 years, with little changes here and there to the setlist, deep cuts being brought back etc. It looks like that's about to change and hopefully is a sign of things to come, though you just never know with this band.

• Like 1

Of course they are going to play big hits, goes without saying.  Maybe it is my fault that I am disappointed at no new music as it really seems to be only an excercise in nostalgia, nothing wrong if thats what one enjoys.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dean said:

With a band the size of Guns N' Roses, they'll always play the hits to cater to the casual fans who will take up the majority of these large venues. That said, I think the frustration from the community is based purely on the seeming reluctance to move forward and put out new music, both with previous lineups and current, which has been over the course of 10 years, with little changes here and there to the setlist, deep cuts being brought back etc. It looks like that's about to change and hopefully is a sign of things to come, though you just never know with this band.

I know... trust me, I know... I read about people's frustration in almost every thread on here...

Just now, DurhamGirl said:

Just curious, are you happy to hear the same stuff over and over....if thats so fine.

Yep, that's why I still listen to AFD and UYI to this day. When I went to see them I was happy they played all the big hits because I grew up on those songs and seeing Axl, Slash and Duff playing those songs from my childhood was beyond cool. I hope that the people who go see them tonight will have that experience as well. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

Just curious, are you happy to hear the same stuff over and over....if thats so fine.

If you went to the show and they wouldn’t play WTTJ, Estranged or PC you’d be propably disappointed

That setlist is so fucking depressing. 

I'm sorry, but I can't defend playing the same songs in the same order for, what, 5 years now? Sure they're maybe  throwing in the odd older song and possibly Hardschool, but come on..

I don't know of one other band I'm a fan of who would tour the same set from one tour to the other, let alone for years and years. 

I'm sure saying this will get some people to say 'why are you here' or 'you're not a real fan' but screw that. It's ludicrous how much I love this band, and have done for so so many years. Everyone I know laughs at my love for them- it's a constant joke among my friends who love music and play in bands etc. 

I see this and my heart just sinks. What a fucking bummer. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1