Final day of rehearsals

40 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

If you went to the show and they wouldn’t play WTTJ, Estranged or PC you’d be propably disappointed

Playing the same songs in the same order over and over again they sound as much like a broken record as fans complaining about it.

Sure their hits need to be there but does it really have to be It's So middlefingferhere Easy into Mr. Snakedancehere Brownstone into CD into Welcome To The tease it to death Intro That Killed Jungle into DTJ.....like at every single fucking concert for 5 years?

Even "casual fans" should know how the rest of the set looks like by now. It's so depressing.

Edited by adamsapple
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, jamillos said:

What's the source anyway? After all, this could be from spring 2020. 

Just clutching at straws here. 

Could be.....but I think you're just pushing the sinking feeling to a few hours away there. 

I'm not surprised really, but, despite my better judgement, I'm still really disappointed. 

1 hour ago, thomasmcole said:

No and I understand they've limited options due to the small amount of albums they have but at least a new opener, few other new tracks. This is the 5th year of the reunion and very little has changed setlist-wise. I can't think of many other bands doing that. 

If they're not cha going things up why advertise it as such? 

I dunno bruh

Just now, allwaystired said:

Ah you do- trying to boost ticket sales. As simple as that. 

Ok. To be fair it is looking as if it’s going to be slightly different. And as has been commented, the show hasn’t happened yet (I know it won’t be that different though). A few new songs, and maybe slightly refreshed graphics and it is a newish show.

9 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

Ok. To be fair it is looking as if it’s going to be slightly different. And as has been commented, the show hasn’t happened yet (I know it won’t be that different though). A few new songs, and maybe slightly refreshed graphics and it is a newish show.

Haha, sure, if you're splitting hairs! 

I think in most people's minds they'll see it for the pure marketing tagline it was. 

Am I the only one who’s pretty happy with that set list? I thought the flow of the NITL set was pretty good, at least in the first half of the show, and now they’re keeping that while adding PTU, You’re Crazy and Hard Skool

Of the shows first 15 songs that’s 3 that have never or very rarely been played on this tour!

I get being pissed about the band not reimagining their self and all of that and trust me, I want that as well… But at the same time, they are changing enough things here for me to not be disappointed. The real test will be how they will sound playing it!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Am I the only one who’s pretty happy with that set list? I thought the flow of the NITL set was pretty good, at least in the first half of the show, and now they’re keeping that while adding PTU, You’re Crazy and Hard Skool

Of the shows first 15 songs that’s 3 that have never or very rarely been played on this tour!

I get being pissed about the band not reimagining their self and all of that and trust me, I want that as well… But at the same time, they are changing enough things here for me to not be disappointed. The real test will be how they will sound playing it!

It would be nice if they changed the order a little bit or something but I don’t understand so much hate for the setlist

And Hardschool, PTU and YC are awesome additions to the setlist :headbang:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, El Guapo said:

Yeah, let's wait and see/ hear. Would be hilarious if they don't play Hardschool. :D

Would have been a good idea to release it as a single before the first show, but, you know...

I'm leaning more and more towards it featuring in some way on the Illusion reissue ......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carburetta said:

Just as Lynx deodorant won’t attract a attractive mate, I’m sure people can live with it.

There's the definition of rock n roll "ah, I can live with it I suppose"! Haha! 

Yeah they can live with it....but they can also live without it. Hence the poor ticket sales. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, North Korean Democracy said:

Same setlist as the one from Mexico 2020, where in the end they only played So Fine from those new songs. I haven't heard anyone say they rehearsed PTU or Think About You this time tho. Fingers crossed this time they do play Hardschool.

Interesting find! I wonder if it’s just an old picture then? I would assume PTU would’ve been rehearsed yesterday otherwise!

4 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Interesting find! I wonder if it’s just an old picture then? I would assume PTU would’ve been rehearsed yesterday otherwise!

Hey, just because they didn’t play it on soundcheck doesn’t mean anything.

I mean.. it’s nothing more than a soundcheck. They may have been playing it on rehearsals

• Like 2

Just now, sl4yer said:

Hey, just because they didn’t play it on soundcheck doesn’t mean anything.

I mean.. it’s nothing more than a soundcheck. They may have been playing it on rehearsals

True that, it’s just that since they sound checked for several hours yesterday it would kind of make sense for them to play it as well if their intention is to play it tonight! But to be fair they could’ve played it two days ago since we don’t really know what they played on the first sound check.

Considering this allegedly new setlist is the same as the leaked one from 2020 there's a chance that that's not the real setlist or that they don't follow it closely. Still it wouldn't surprise that they follow the same basic order of ISE, MB, CD, Jungle, etc.

Edited by North Korean Democracy

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Could be.....but I think you're just pushing the sinking feeling to a few hours away there. 

I'm not surprised really, but, despite my better judgement, I'm still really disappointed. 

May I ask what you actually expected? 

The band is using a true and trusted setlist but has added a deep cut and a new song. I think it is great. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adamsapple said:

Playing the same songs in the same order over and over again they sound as much like a broken record as fans complaining about it.

Sure their hits need to be there but does it really have to be It's So middlefingferhere Easy into Mr. Snakedancehere Brownstone into CD into Welcome To The tease it to death Intro That Killed Jungle into DTJ.....like at every single fucking concert for 5 years?

Even "casual fans" should know how the rest of the set looks like by now. It's so depressing.

I can't fathom that the order of the songs mean so much to people :lol: The band is adding a new song to the show, an unreleased song, something the band hasn't done since 2006 yet fans get all emo about the order of the songs :lol:

• Like 1