Jump to content

Final day of rehearsals


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, dgnr said:

I don't want to sound mean, but Axl might actually collapse on stage if he tries to sing Perfect Crime these days :smiley-confused2:

" - got the ti--- .. 'ot the muscle
-- .... gotthe need to lay it ---- on the li---
-----  afraid of yo- ----- screen hustle
---- perfe' crime
God DAMMIT it's a pe---- crime
........

...... PEEEERFECT!!!"

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was listening to the Locomotive performance that GnR officially put up a while ago. Its probably one of the last songs anyone would expect the band to pull out so massive respect to them. Axl really struggles though even on the non raspy parts and seems out of breath. It'll be really cool if they play more of their own catalog instead of jams or covers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

May I ask what you actually expected? 

The band is using a true and trusted setlist but has added a deep cut and a new song. I think it is great. 

I think the frustration is down to the fact that this change is what most bands would do almost every gig, whereas guns announce an all new show, "the next chapter", and this is what we get. 

Hoping the setlist is the old Mexico one, otherwise its quite disappointing even for gnr level. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, alangarcianr said:

Meegan shared some videos of the last sound check. Hard school was played and it has some CGI animations (no sound)

 

edit: it was deleted. It was some chick dancing and some lettering with the gnr font and HARD SKOOL on repeat

Managed to get screenshot of it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, alangarcianr said:

Meegan shared some videos of the last sound check. Hard school was played and it has some CGI animations (no sound)

 

edit: it was deleted. It was some chick dancing and some lettering with the gnr font and HARD SKOOL on repeat

If they've made graphics for it, it means that they really intend to play it - maybe not tonight, but at some point along this tour.

Of course the sensible thing would be to release a studio version first, because now it'll be judged only based on its live performance (see Axl's performance). The videos from the show will be all over the music news outlets. That wouldn't matter if it was 1991, or 2001, or 2006, but now...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Blackstar said:

If they've made graphics for it, it means that they really intend to play it - maybe not tonight, but at some point along this tour.

Of course the sensible thing would be to release a studio version first, because now it'll be judged only based on its live performance (see Axl's performance). The videos from the show will be all over the music news outlets. That wouldn't matter if it was 1991, or 2001, or 2006, but now...

I'm very curious how he would introduce a song like Hard School with the history it has. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mystery said:

I'm very curious how he would introduce a song like Hard School with the history it has. 

That along with how he'll tackle the chorus! I reckon Slash and Duff along with the rest of them will want to do it, so hopefully they'll all be motivated to throw it in tonight!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, thomasmcole said:

I think the frustration is down to the fact that this change is what most bands would do almost every gig, whereas guns announce an all new show, "the next chapter", and this is what we get. 

Hoping the setlist is the old Mexico one, otherwise its quite disappointing even for gnr level. 

Are they promoting this tour as "the next chapter"? Regardless, that's just branding for the masses. Marketing. Don't make too much of it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nesret said:

" - got the ti--- .. 'ot the muscle
-- .... gotthe need to lay it ---- on the li---
-----  afraid of yo- ----- screen hustle
---- perfe' crime
God DAMMIT it's a pe---- crime
........

...... PEEEERFECT!!!"

 

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

If they've made graphics for it, it means that they really intend to play it - maybe not tonight, but at some point along this tour.

Of course the sensible thing would be to release a studio version first, because now it'll be judged only based on its live performance (see Axl's performance). The videos from the show will be all over the music news outlets. That wouldn't matter if it was 1991, or 2001, or 2006, but now...

This, isn't smart move.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Someone would have to tell Axl how he has sounded since 2017 in order for him to realize it wouldn't be a smart move. Who is going to do that? TB? Obviously not. Slash & Duff? LOL.

Right move should was stop touring in 2018 or 19. Then put them focus in a new album.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Right move should was stop touring in 2018 or 19. Then put them focus in a new album.

They didn't really tour much in 2018 and 2019, though. It was all about four months combined (three months in 2018 and one month in 2019). But there was also SMKC. GnR toured till the end of 2017, then Slash recorded SMKC in the first half of 2018, then GnR did a festival tour in June and July, and then Slash released SMKC and toured it for a year (with a small break for the GnR Asian tour in late 2018) until September 2019. Many people think that Slash wouldn't have done the SMKC album and tour if there was intention for working on a GnR album, but I doubt it. The SMKC album was written in 2015 and Slash had stated that he would proceed with it when there was a break on the GnR tour.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

What exactly is your problem and why do you keep repeating yourself? Youkeep insisting there's no music, even though they rehearsed a new song yesterday. That's why everyone is so excited here. Besides that gnr doesn't have the catalogue like other bands to play completely different songs every night. They'll always be playing their hits.

If you're getting bored already after being a fan for a year, then GNR might not be the band for you. 

I do apologise I did not realise I kept repeating myself, a bit like a GnR show:)  I sincerely hope the gig goes well tonight and everybody enjoys themselves.

Something I have noticed is how easy it is to get roped into the negativity of a forum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, alangarcianr said:

https://pasteboard.co/KdMfQWWj.jpg

sorry i dont know how to upload images 

https://instagram.com/stories/meeganhodges/2630145350372226461

This seems to be the same song, notice how the graphic changes to the one in your image at the last second. Interestingly it is the only soundcheck story she posted today with no sound.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Are they promoting this tour as "the next chapter"? Regardless, that's just branding for the masses. Marketing. Don't make too much of it. 

https://www.facebook.com/gunsnroses/videos/558966627992872/

Either way its something the band would sign off on.

Completely understand the lack of tracks to choose from since there's only 5 albums including Lies, but playing the same cities with an almost identical setlist bar 2-3 new songs, same order and visuals 5yrs later isn't good in my opinion. The majority of concert goers are the casuals and wouldn't care about a new album anyway, but seeing an almost identical show will definitely make people lose interest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Sosso said:

Maybe those are the alt songs for today? 

 

6 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

But is it listed as ALT song? Or do I read it wrong?

Usually they've put the alt songs at the end of the list with ALT or something as the title.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

 

Usually they've put the alt songs at the end of the list with ALT or something as the title.

I know. Maybe they separate the ALT songs they want to play and dont want to play today from each other. 

Edited by Sosso
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Blackstar said:

If they've made graphics for it, it means that they really intend to play it - maybe not tonight, but at some point along this tour.

Of course the sensible thing would be to release a studio version first, because now it'll be judged only based on its live performance (see Axl's performance). The videos from the show will be all over the music news outlets. That wouldn't matter if it was 1991, or 2001, or 2006, but now...

Doesn’t mean those songs always pan out though. The gig in Vegas in 2014 where they brought Prostitute and Yesterdays back, they accidentally had the screen showing the computer screen with the list of video files - a number of the songs they had a video for hadn’t been played by that lineup, or still haven’t to this day. It wasn’t up long enough to catch everything, but I do specifically remember Perfect Crime and Riad being on the list. We never got any indication that either of those were seriously considered being played, other than Perfect Crime ending up on an alt list briefly in 2006 and 2011. I got the impression more that they build videos for songs in case they get played, not because they will get played. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...