Final day of rehearsals

4 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Hopefully Axl dragging his lazy ass to rehearsals means that any new additions will be played from the onset, instead of multiple dates into the tour, like Locomotive and Dead Horse in 2019.

Surely they know that the success of this tour depends entirely on how good the first show is...

...right?

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Surely they know that the success of this tour depends entirely on how good the first show is...

...right?

I'm sure the rest of the band and TB know this. Whether Axl knows, cares, or anyone would bother explaining it to him if he doesn't realize this is anyone's guess.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

...right?

My expectations are so low, I'd be totally satisfied with Axl and Slash hitting at least some of the right notes. They must have some weird bet going on about who manages to sound more horrible and get away with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

My expectations are so low, I'd be totally satisfied with Axl and Slash hitting at least some of the right notes. They must have some weird bet going on about who manages to sound more horrible and get away with it.

I wouldn’t be satisfied if they gave such a low effort at a show, but I also wouldn't be surprised.

My expectations for this opening show are as lower as the bleak days of 2013 when the highlight of a show was them playing Used To Love Her, as interesting as it got. 

The show will be fairly short, axl will have that weird short hair still and a corset on. A photo of the setlist will circulate with alternate songs on it, that they'll never play... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

My expectations for this opening show are as lower as the bleak days of 2013 when the highlight of a show was them playing Used To Love Her, as interesting as it got. 

At least in 2009-2014 there was a hope for CD2 with Bucket and Robin on it. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

98% of the people who go to the shows are not sitting on message boards trying to dig up videos from the first show.

They go because they like sweet child o mine and november rain and the guy with the top hat is back.

With a sports team there is people who celebrate the team when they are on top but they be gone as soon as there is no success or popularity. That would be "casual fans", the SCOM and NR portion. Others remain, even if the team plays like shit and wins nothing. It's still their team. And no one will complain more about it than those fans. That would be the message boards. Stupid analogy, but I think that's all there really is to it. Difference is any good team needs to put the focus on the casual to sell merch and make millions, but also value their "message board" fans and sure not have their "managers" calling those fans names.

Besides it doesn't look like so many will be going this time unless the team shows a new trick. SCOM/NR has been heard and the top hatted one has been seen by all those casuals. Some are even waking up to the fact that the emperor has no clothes and GNR having two emperors with no clothes now. So why attend the same thing twice unless you're a fan, message board or not. If they don't bring their a game this time and play new music this tour will likely be the last time they might play stadium level and rightly so.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Lmao no it doesn't.

98% of the people who go to the shows are not sitting on message boards trying to dig up videos from the first show.

They go because they like sweet child o mine and november rain and the guy with the top hat is back.

Have a look at the discounted tickets and how many are still left.

The people who want to hear SCOM and cross GNR off their list, did so between 2016-19.

The 2019 selects likely turned some people off, and they won't be following the threads live but likely will read reviews or check out some videos before deciding to buy tickets :shrugs:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

41 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Difference is any good team needs to put the focus on the casual to sell merch and make millions, but also value their "message board" fans and sure not have their "managers" calling those fans names. 

Why do they need to value the message board fans? We are irrelevant to them from a business perspective. You might argue that morally they should value us. But otherwise, I don't get it. 

Besides, considering the amount of shit thrown at Team Brazil daily here and on other forums, and which has been going on since before they even became managers, it is no wonder they call us names. Not professional, sure, but understandable. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Why do they need to value the message board fans? We are irrelevant to them from a business perspective. You might argue that morally they should value us. But otherwise, I don't get it. 

Besides, considering the amount of shit thrown at Team Brazil daily here and on other forums, and which has been going on since before they even became managers, it is no wonder they call us names. Not professional, sure, but understandable. 

Wait. 

Are you saying TBs attitude towards the fans is reactionary? Because I remember a far different story. I've seen members of this forum be nothing but supportive of GN'R & TB for years. 

It's the other way around, truth be told. TB are the ones who started with the name calling, which is what caused the fans on message boards to be offended. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Wait. 

Are you saying TBs attitude towards the fans is reactionary? Because I remember a far different story. I've seen members of this forum be nothing but supportive of GN'R & TB for years. 

It's the other way around, truth be told. TB are the ones who started with the name calling, which is what caused the fans on message boards to be offended. 

Some fans have been terrible against the Lebeis since years and unfortunately this has made them wary/unfriendly towards all of us. This unfriedliness from their side fuels more anger from us, including insults, and here we are in a downward spiral. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Lmao no it doesn't.

They DID go for that reason, undoubtedly. But they're clearly done now. Take a look at the sales for the NJ show for example. 

They need luring back, probably even more than the hardcore do. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Some fans have been terrible against the Lebeis since years and unfortunately this has made them wary/unfriendly towards all of us. This unfriedliness from their side fuels more anger from us, including insults, and here we are in a downward spiral. 

I remember things quite differently. Many, many forum members were either indifferent to, or outright supportive of the Lebeis family for years. 

Once they (Beta, Fernando etc) started insulting the fan base it when the forum members took offense. 

23 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I remember things quite differently. Many, many forum members were either indifferent to, or outright supportive of the Lebeis family for years. 

Once they (Beta, Fernando etc) started insulting the fan base it when the forum members took offense. 

I am not talking about what most fans did, but what some did, and unfortunately it hurt us all. Some fans have been virulently opposed to the Lebeis from day one. 

17 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I am not talking about what most fans did, but what some did, and unfortunately it hurt us all. Some fans have been virulently opposed to the Lebeis from day one. 

So you agree that the majority of fans tried to be supportive of TB. Since we agree on that, I'm still curious how that justifies TBs open disdain for GN'R fans. 

13 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I think any fan, all fans should be valued equally. By valued I mean a good performance and at least an occassional supply with new music. Not asking too much, is it? Right now neither fans get either but only a few seem to realise it. These few are not filling those big venues anyway and are obviously to be ignored. Fair enough.

Thing is the other valued spending money on GNR karaoke fans are not filling the big venues either anymore, dropping off like flies after the genius move of having all videos with good performances deleted from the internet and replacing them with with monitor mixes of in parts abolutely disastrous performances, while all these iconic music videos and live performances break all records on YouTube at the same time. I have no idea what drugs these guys are on, but I don't want any of them.

7 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

I think any fan, all fans should be valued equally. By valued I mean a good performance and at least an occassional supply with new music. Not asking too much, is it? Right now neither fans get either but only a few seem to realise it. These few are not filling those big venues anyway and are obviously to be ignored. Fair enough.

Thing is the other valued spending money on GNR karaoke fans are not filling the big venues either anymore, dropping off like flies after the genius move of having all videos with good performances deleted from the internet and replacing them with with monitor mixes of in parts abolutely disastrous performances, while all these iconic music videos and live performances break all records on YouTube at the same time. I have no idea what drugs these guys are on, but I don't want any of them.

Oh man. I almost forgot this. Did they really delete all the good live videos from youtube? And fan made musicvideos? Last year I saw great Axl/Dc full show video but cant find it anymore. 

43 minutes ago, Axeli said:

Oh man. I almost forgot this. Did they really delete all the good live videos from youtube? And fan made musicvideos? Last year I saw great Axl/Dc full show video but cant find it anymore. 

Not only did they delete them, but the endorserd the people behind the takedown. All while lying about it. Great way to treat your fans. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Have a look at the discounted tickets and how many are still left.

The people who want to hear SCOM and cross GNR off their list, did so between 2016-19.

The 2019 selects likely turned some people off, and they won't be following the threads live but likely will read reviews or check out some videos before deciding to buy tickets :shrugs:

Yup. They toured enough from 2016 to early 2020 where most people who wanted to see them did so. You can only tour so much on 5 albums and 1 LP.

There's a bunch of UYI stuff they still don't play and there might be one or two songs played from TSI along with quite a few Chinese Democracy songs being put on the shelf.

You can only sustain interest with new music, press, and music videos. Guns n Roses is quickly becoming that band that performs select favorites and not much else.

• Like 1