Final day of rehearsals

6 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

It depends what the monkey in Axl's head is typing on any given day.

Im hoping and praying man. Was so so let down after watching 3 hours of the livestream in Mexico. Lets hope for a blessing in 48 hrs

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 4:24 PM, GoBucky said:

I have a good friend who's in the industry...he plays and works with a few small/midsized bands and works for a live equipment company out in LA. He was here in Chicago late last week and told me that he was working at the building Gn'R was rehearsing at for a day last week and said they were working on different songs from last tour and heard parts of a few songs he didn't know, and Axl was there. He's not a massive Guns fan, but has seen them numerous times since 87 and does know all of their recorded songs, so I guess take that for what it is. I figured he was just BSing me cause he knows I am a huge fan, but he sent me a few short recordings he took on his phone of Foo Fighters rehearsing at a different building a month ago, so I know he's around these bands. He was in an out all day and I suppose he didn't pull his phone out for this one because of that and probably Guns management walking around.. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but we've been friends for a long time and I trust him emphatically.

Would not suprise me if it turns out to be a cover or something off of Chinese Democracy. I'm willing to be postively shocked by new songs, but I'm putting that at a very low chance given the track record.
To me, Hard School is not a new song, so I will not get excited over it.

32 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Absolutely love OMG. Always have.  It has such a fantastic groove and really nailed what Axl was going for back in the late 90s.  His vocal approach is also fantastic on it.

Wish ChiDem was more similar sonically to OMG

I would’ve loved an entire album back then in the vein of OMG

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Absolutely love OMG. Always have.  It has such a fantastic groove and really nailed what Axl was going for back in the late 90s.  His vocal approach is also fantastic on it.

Wish ChiDem was more similar sonically to OMG

I was hoping that the album would sound more like OMG also. OMG kinda looked like a cool direction and sound at the time. I remember sitting through that movie it was in, end of days maybe, and waiting to the end just to hear that song. It sounded killer on the cinemas sound system. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

I was hoping that the album would sound more like OMG also. OMG kinda looked like a cool direction and sound at the time. I remember sitting through that movie it was in, end of days maybe, and waiting to the end just to hear that song. It sounded killer on the cinemas sound system. 

And the song's melodies, composition etc. was exciting too. It's better than maybe half the songs on CD. 

• Like 2

Im jealous for you who got tickets to pit section. It seems that the pit hasnt sold very well and thats why its so small area and close to the stage.. which is perfect! And Axl sounds okay in those soundcheck clips! I excpect a very high energy show.

• Like 1

He sounds fine.  Given that this is probably the first rehearsal he does since the pandemic started, it's actually pretty good :shrugs:  

Anyway I really don't give a shit on how he sounds... fuckin live concerts are back!!!! You go on that stage and do your shit, Axl :lol: I just went ahead and bought a ticket for Seville as well, so whatever. Bring the Mickey, bring Frank-you-cant-tell-its-Brownstone-until-the-chorus-hits, I don't care, just bring back the live concerts :smiley-confused2:

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

31 minutes ago, dgnr said:

He sounds fine.  Given that this is probably the first rehearsal he does since the pandemic started, it's actually pretty good :shrugs:  

Anyway I really don't give a shit on how he sounds... fuckin live concerts are back!!!! You go on that stage and do your shit, Axl :lol: I just went ahead and bought a ticket for Seville as well, so whatever. Bring the Mickey, bring Frank-you-cant-tell-its-Brownstone-until-the-chorus-hits, I don't care, just bring back the live concerts :smiley-confused2:

Why except mediocracy ????

People pay big money to see bands live.... 

No mickey and team brazil out...

26 minutes ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Why except mediocracy ????

People pay big money to see bands live.... 

No mickey and team brazil out...

I'm with you, you'll see. Give me two weeks, I'll rant about Axl this, Axl that, tempo issues, this fuckin management and so on :lol: I'm just excited now

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Just saw a pic of Axl at soundcheck, bigger than ever....

Here we go with this sh@t again.

I've been patiently waiting for the hats, belly and boots discussion to begin officially.

We really missed those days in here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nikosgnr said:

Here we go with this sh@t again.

I've been patiently waiting for the hats, belly and boots discussion to begin officially.

We really missed those days in here.

I find it really weird, why people have a fascination with Axl's weight, he had abit of a gut during 2016 when people were saying he was in shape. At nearly 60 most people have a bigger belly than they did at 30. He's not exactly Vince Neil level who generally looks unhealthy

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Jungle sounds like there’s an effect creeping in at the end of the scream. It’s like it goes from his scream to a recorded scream.

1 - Yep and it's concealed by a total unnecessary delay.

2 - It's just a delay.

3 - Who cares?

I'm going with 1, most fans will go with 2 and the band probably is camp 3 lol.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dangom1 said:

I find it really weird, why people have a fascination with Axl's weight, he had abit of a gut during 2016 when people were saying he was in shape. At nearly 60 most people have a bigger belly than they did at 30. He's not exactly Vince Neil level who generally looks unhealthy

Bad Obsession :shrugs:

Welcome to mygnrforum!

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

LOL.... I love when you tell me to re-read what you wrote like I didn't read it the first time. Have a read for yourself:

"Some fans have been terrible against the Lebeis since years and unfortunately this has made them wary/unfriendly" 

That's you saying that because some fans were terrible against TB, they now treat the fans poorly..

That's just not the case. It's quite the opposite actually. 

Well, you did for some reason interpret what I wrote as if TB's actions are justified... 

And I no, the racism and misogyny as well as inane theories about the Lebeis started well before they started communicating with the fans and many years before they got in positions if power. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

I wish they didn't cut the guitar solo short on the credits version. That mix also sounds cleaner.