Final day of rehearsals

Listening to those clips I must say the tempos sound great. Much improved! Especially on Jungle. Makes a huge difference in the laid back groove and probably much easier on Axl for breathing. I don't think he sounded absolutely amazing or anything, but I will say that, at least as far as short clips go, he sounded perfectly listenable.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ChrisMaciel said:

Loved the slowed down tempos but he’s full Mickey in CW.

I think his clean voice sounds a bit stronger than before.

Also, it’s just a soundcheck so he could have been half-assing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

Listening to those clips I must say the tempos sound great. Much improved! Especially on Jungle. Makes a huge difference in the laid back groove and probably much easier on Axl for breathing. I don't think he sounded absolutely amazing or anything, but I will say that, at least as far as short clips go, he sounded perfectly listenable.

Maybe Axl has finally remembered he is the LEAD singer and not some ornament to what everyone else is doing on stage. Sounds pretty good, some change in tempo could make for a big improvement overall. If there gonna be any clips from that show I will definetely have a listen.

1 minute ago, Dangom1 said:

If the clean voice has power behind it,it sounds fine (HOB 2001)

He sounded so fucking great at that show, it's a shame they never released it officially and had it taken down from YT.

Unlike many I like his clean voice very much when it's done right.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

He sounded so fucking great at that show, it's a shame they never released it officially and had it taken down from YT.

Unlike many I like his clean voice very much when it's done right.

Totally agree. 
What I’ll say might be a little bit controversial but actually his clean 2001 voice is closer to the AFD vocals than the full rasp from 1991 for example.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

37 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

Totally agree. 
What I’ll say might be a little bit controversial but actually his clean 2001 voice is closer to the AFD vocals than the full rasp from 1991 for example.

Yeah..I’ve always thought this. For me the 91/2 versions of sweet child for example have far too much rasp.

7 minutes ago, reayj2003 said:

Yeah..I’ve always thought this. For me the 91/2 versions of sweet child for example have far too much rasp.

:lol: To each their own. To me, there's no such thing as "far too much rasp". Even Noblesville 91 - a fierce one - is better than the clean stuff. Rasp is what made Axl famous and what kinda defines him. But ok.

Edited by jamillos

I think we all can agree that a powerful clean voice is not the same as the mickey voice (weak clean voice). I don't have a problem with the clean voice if used correctly. I can live with that, he sounded a lot more "professional" on those clips, sustaining notes longer and phrasing the words more clearly. Let's see how he does it while running, though.

Expecting 2010 levels of rasp is unrealistic. It's always going to be a clean voice + rasp combo, and if his clean voice sounds strong, then much better.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I think we all can agree that a powerful clean voice is not the same as the mickey voice (weak clean voice). I don't have a problem with the clean voice if used correctly. I can live with that, he sounded a lot more "professional" on those clips, sustaining notes longer and phrasing the words more clearly. Let's see how he does it while running, though.

Expecting 2010 levels of rasp is unrealistic. It's always going to be a clean voice + rasp combo, and if his clean voice sounds strong, then much better.

Rasp + Clean voice = Axl Rose 2016
Clean voice = Axl Rose 2017

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Dean said:

They tinkered with the tempo of some songs in 2013/14. November Rain is one that springs to mind.

Completely hope they slowed down NR. I’ve hated the way it’s been played since 2002.

there was one show I believe in 2013 when Duff filled in for Tommy that they played it slower and it sounded amazing. The other thing to take into account, if the tempos are slowed down we may get a shorter set list. 

6 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

The other thing to take into account, if the tempos are slowed down we may get a shorter set list. 

I can't see a connection between those things. Why would that mean a shorter set? 

16 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

On the bright side, 2021 Axl sounds better than 2021 Vince Neil......

:P

2021 Vince Neil makes Axl look and sound like a triathlete by comparison…

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

I can't see a connection between those things. Why would that mean a shorter set? 

Curfew, maybe? Though if anything that would only mean, like, one less song lol.