Final day of rehearsals

12 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

It depends what the monkey in Axl's head is typing on any given day.

Fernando?

6 hours ago, James Bond said:

Listening to those clips I must say the tempos sound great. Much improved! Especially on Jungle. Makes a huge difference in the laid back groove and probably much easier on Axl for breathing. I don't think he sounded absolutely amazing or anything, but I will say that, at least as far as short clips go, he sounded perfectly listenable.

Yeah I hope they stick to the slower tempos, that's been one of the things that I didn't like.

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

I can't see a connection between those things. Why would that mean a shorter set? 

Slower songs = longer songs = less songs in a set

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SAU3R said:

SPOILER:
Snippet of Civil War, I’m actually surprised how good it sounds.. he uses his clean voice but it sounds strong:

Also it seems that they slowed down the tempo of Jungle and CW 

It would be a massive improvement already if they fixed the tempos of certain songs….Jungle sounds good here a bit slowed. This should help Axl catch his breath too.

9 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah I hope they stick to the slower tempos, that's been one of the things that I didn't like.

Slower songs = longer songs = less songs in a set

Slower tempos will extend the songs by seconds not minutes.  In a 20-25 song set slower tempos might extend the set 3/5 minutes tops.  It's not going to cut anything from the setlist.  Just give Axl more time to breathe in the songs. Which is much needed!

• Like 1

Isnt Hard School written by Paul Tobiaa and chinese democracy band? For me its unbeliavable that fans pray for new songs and they cant write new songs so they decide "oh look many fans like hard school leak, lets finish this song and release it". For me this is sad and lazy. And as you can clearly hear from the rehearsal it sounds like a bad cover of Hard School and quess why? Because these guys didnt write that song and dont feel it! They should write music from the heart, not try to finish Axls forever-demo-project songs. Ugh

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Kelmi said:

Isnt Hard School written by Paul Tobiaa and chinese democracy band? For me its unbeliavable that fans pray for new songs and they cant write new songs so they decide "oh look many fans like hard school leak, lets finish this song and release it". For me this is sad and lazy. And as you can clearly hear from the rehearsal it sounds like a bad cover of Hard School and quess why? Because these guys didnt write that song and dont feel it! They should write music from the heart, not try to finish Axls forever-demo-project songs. Ugh

Fans like you dont deserve new music :shrugs:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Kelmi said:

Many of the songs we love from the past weren’t written like that. 

I’ll be holding judgement until I hear what we have coming and we hear studio versions.

11 minutes ago, reayj2003 said:

Many of the songs we love from the past weren’t written like that. 

I’ll be holding judgement until I hear what we have coming and we hear studio versions.

Most of the songs from AfD were written before Slash, Duff and Steven joined. 

Half of the songs from UYI were written in the late 80s with Adler instead of Sorum. 

• GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Hi. Don't tell anyone :ph34r:

IMG_20210731_090306.jpg

Nice to see the original 1987 Les Paul Standard will be making an appearance again (nicknamed Jessica).

So I guess we can depend on HS and PTU being played for sure; I wonder if there's any other treats further down the list.

Just curious, where did you find this pic?

Edited by MaskingApathy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, dgnr said:

IMG_20210731_090306.jpg

Ffs the setlist was really great in 2016/17 and still quite good in 2018 but as of now it’s just so worn out 

why can’t they just change the order of the songs??

still good to see hardschool and PTU 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, dgnr said:

IMG_20210731_090306.jpg

Hard School….then Pretty Tied Up…..then Rocket Queen…..that would be superb!

I still think moving YCBM away from RQ would be a good idea as both are vocally taxing right after another…..a minor complaint in the grand scheme of things!

Edited by DTJ80

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

No number on HS and PTU, so maybe optional? 

Good shout…looks like HS has 30 beside it. Looks like AFD as the name of the guitar to be used too?

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

You've gotta be fucking kidding me. 

Also, can someone explain those words written by hand there? 

Names of the guitars I think - CD has BICH which I think is a BC Rich?

• Like 1