Scott Weiland on Axl and GnR

22 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I know someone who spent a lot of time around Axl in the late 90s or early 2000s and said he was a regular cocaine user.

That's interesting, because in that particular period he supposedly abstained from any substances (except alcohol) and didn't allow even smoking in the studio.

In 2006 he partied a lot - at least he drank quite a bit and there's been a lot of speculation about coke (although it hasn't been stated by anyone in public).

Anything else you can share? (So you're an insider :P)

Edited by Blackstar

On 7/27/2021 at 7:50 PM, Bitchisback said:

Not seeing Velvet Revolver live will always be one of my biggest regrets.  I was lucky enough to see STP with Scott 3 times though.  Just wish I had the chance to see VR man

They were kickass live, I remember as a teen I saw them in 2008, and then after Weiland left VR seeing him that same year with STP and he killed it both times.  It is a shame that he couldn't pull it together, very few people just have that natural spark of commanding your full attention like he did at his peak

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

That's interesting, because in that particular period he supposedly abstained from any substances (except alcohol) and didn't allow even smoking in the studio.

In 2006 he partied a lot - at least he drank quite a bit and there's been a lot of speculation about coke (although it hasn't been stated by anyone in public).

Anything else you can share? (So you're an insider :P)

It's a relative of mine who spent time around him. Basically he's a photographer and Axl used to come over and hang out regularly at the studio he was using at the time (I think someone else that my relative was working with knew Axl) but they didn't want him to stay overnight because of his drug use (would look bad if he OD'd at their place). Might've been closer to 2006 then, I don't remember exactly what he had told me. Oh also he went over to Axl's house around that time too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Back in the day Duff would've knocked Axl over to get some of that action.

As memory recalls Duff had a bit of a shocked look for a second! However, I had earlier and during the gig partaken of the herb myself, so the Duff look might be more my imagination! 

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, WhazUp said:

They were kickass live, I remember as a teen I saw them in 2008, and then after Weiland left VR seeing him that same year with STP and he killed it both times.  It is a shame that he couldn't pull it together, very few people just have that natural spark of commanding your full attention like he did at his peak

Where did you catch VR Whaz? 
I never caught STP live, they were a band who at their peak I didn’t really like. There was so much good stuff then. But an ex Girlfriend got me into them a bit. I regret not seeing them at least once. 

27 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Where did you catch VR Whaz? 
I never caught STP live, they were a band who at their peak I didn’t really like. There was so much good stuff then. But an ex Girlfriend got me into them a bit. I regret not seeing them at least once. 

Caught VR at the Wiltern in early '08, I remember they opened with Let It Roll and it sounding like a freight train cause of the volume ha.  STP were great live, honestly I regret not seeing more when I had the chance - I didn't see Scott's solo venture when he came in town because I wasn't musically into it as much as the other bands but knowing he would no longer be with us I would have seen as many as I could

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Back in the day Duff would've knocked Axl over to get some of that action.

I love how he looks at Axl, probably thinking... ''fuck, I can't do that shit no more, or else it's back to this guy'',

Book reveiw: 'It's so easy (And other lies)'

Edited by EvanG
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

I saw Axl indulge in drugs once.... Kinda..... :lol:

(At the Vancouver gig in 2017 someone threw a lit Joint onstage and he had a toke, I can’t be the only one who saw it either) 

I remember watching this live, in Axl's defense, he belted out the best outro lyrics to paradise city after the tokes that he has ever done in 30 years - Duff's look of disapproval and concern was quite obvious and discerning 

6 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

It's a relative of mine who spent time around him. Basically he's a photographer and Axl used to come over and hang out regularly at the studio he was using at the time (I think someone else that my relative was working with knew Axl) but they didn't want him to stay overnight because of his drug use (would look bad if he OD'd at their place). Might've been closer to 2006 then, I don't remember exactly what he had told me. Oh also he went over to Axl's house around that time too.

I have similar info for the 2011-2014 period, quite an open thing 

On 7/29/2021 at 7:39 PM, MaskingApathy said:

No he's not, what makes you think that?

i believe his son had mentioned that then deleted 

also, i believe the stress of dealing with no action in gnr writing may have pushed him to stumble 

8 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I know someone who spent a lot of time around Axl in the late 90s or early 2000s and said he was a regular cocaine user.

im not sure why people don't know by now that its the norm for him the NU era without even knowing you can tell 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

On 7/29/2021 at 7:59 PM, double talkin jive mfkr said:

100% its so funny how much the camp tries to paint axl as the most sober one when really it is not the case 

weiland and axl are basically the same person 

i would say weiland held his own as far as being a rock star is concerned and made axl feel like nothing during the VR days 

when conversely axl during UYI definetely was getting fucked up, theres no way he was sober or not on drugs with how skinny he was 

furthermore the last 15 years he's by far the most fucked up one of the OG crew so he's a hypocrite in a sense if he were to ever try and pull that kind of card, which im sure he doesn't or wouldn't with someone like steven 

i think slash is drinking again though 

I mean doesn't Slash and Duffs books also state Axl was the only one not addicted and more clean and how he disnt allow drugs during certain times etc? It's not just management but even while Slash and Duff spun stories they made it clear Axl was not an addict and if memory serves me he even used to sit by Slashs bedside when he overdosed according to Slashs book.

Axl himself has said he has used various drugs but refused to allow himself to get a habit or addicted or let it interfere with GnR etc. He never maintained he is innocent or never did things. 

Him taking a hit off a Marijuana joint is hardly anything considering it's legal in many States now

• Like 2