RIP Dusty Hill

Gibson87

It sounds like the tour is going ahead so while it's disappointing that the pandemic delays are what caused me to miss seeing the original trio live (I have tickets for a twice postponed show next May - first time seeing them), part of me is still happy that I can at least see Billy and Frank and get some of the experience since both guys still play at the top of their game.

I was watching some of the last gigs with Dusty last night and while he's leaning back and taking it easy on the hip he still played and sang great right until the end. Absolute legend.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, James Bond said:

It sounds like the tour is going ahead so while it's disappointing that the pandemic delays are what caused me to miss seeing the original trio live (I have tickets for a twice postponed show next May - first time seeing them), part of me is still happy that I can at least see Billy and Frank and get some of the experience since both guys still play at the top of their game.

I was watching some of the last gigs with Dusty last night and while he's leaning back and taking it easy on the hip he still played and sang great right until the end. Absolute legend.

Glad it’s going ahead but glad I caught the original trio too.... 
Are cheap trick the support act at the date your hitting?

So very disappointed to hear this yesterday. We have tickets for Aug 8 to see George Thorogood, ZZ Top and Willie Nelson in Bonner Springs KS. I was so excited to see ZZ. Never seen them before. Haven’t heard what the deal is with the show yet. Only like 10 days away- seems quick to figure out who will take his place... hopefully we at least get to see Billy and Frank but it won’t really be ZZ in my book...

48 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

So very disappointed to hear this yesterday. We have tickets for Aug 8 to see George Thorogood, ZZ Top and Willie Nelson in Bonner Springs KS. I was so excited to see ZZ. Never seen them before. Haven’t heard what the deal is with the show yet. Only like 10 days away- seems quick to figure out who will take his place... hopefully we at least get to see Billy and Frank but it won’t really be ZZ in my book...

It will be Elwood Francis (long time guitar tech for the band) on bass. He was already filling in prior to Dusty's passing so he knows the tunes.

4 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Glad it’s going ahead but glad I caught the original trio too.... 
Are cheap trick the support act at the date your hitting?

They are indeed. I'm not a diehard fan or anything but another one to cross off the list and should be fun!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

It will be Elwood Francis (long time guitar tech for the band) on bass. He was already filling in prior to Dusty's passing so he knows the tunes.

They are indeed. I'm not a diehard fan or anything but another one to cross off the list and should be fun!

I only own Live at the Budokan but it’s a great album. Bun E was a great drummer. 

This really has me so upset. I loved their videos and their music was awesome. Dusty was the face along with Billy and those beards.

I really hate that so many awesome musicians are dying. It really sucks big time.

How many bands are done now since losing their members?

Linkin Park, Rush and now ZZ top.

Tired of losing my faves. 

Meanwhile, God love the Stones for still being alive and touring again.  Unbelievable. 

When the Stones hit the world in the 60's, my mom thought for sure they'd never make it out of their twenties let along in their 70's. Miracles do happen!:hahafyou:

On 7/30/2021 at 10:28 AM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

This really has me so upset. I loved their videos and their music was awesome. Dusty was the face along with Billy and those beards.

I really hate that so many awesome musicians are dying. It really sucks big time.

How many bands are done now since losing their members?

Linkin Park, Rush and now ZZ top.

Tired of losing my faves. 

Meanwhile, God love the Stones for still being alive and touring again.  Unbelievable. 

When the Stones hit the world in the 60's, my mom thought for sure they'd never make it out of their twenties let along in their 70's. Miracles do happen!:hahafyou:

Brian Jones didn’t make it out of his 20s. Mick Taylor would likely be dead if he’d stayed in the stones (according to himself) The fact Keef is around is a bit of a miracle. It’ll be a sad day when he is no more. 

• 2 weeks later...