Hard School

Hi Guys,

kinda wanna discuss with yall the possibility of us hearing Hard School this time or if im too naive for my own good. I think we’re in for a killer tour and im not sure whether ill get disappointed as i was Mexico 2020 or if itll be all new showing signs of hope.

I surely would like to hear it. The last year’s rehearsal clip didn’t sound too good, though. And the chorus in the demo is quite fast, no space for breath intake, therefore I’m afraid that Axl won’t use any rasp there – yet another mickeyed song. We’ll see. 
In any case, they have to deliver something at the very first show. No more bullshit like "maybe they’ll start playing something new as the tour progresses" etc. People will consider buying tickets to future shows depending on what the band will come up with from the get-go after the Covid break – the Hershey gig will be very important in this sense IMO. 

12 minutes ago, jamillos said:

In any case, they have to deliver something at the very first show. No more bullshit like "maybe they’ll start playing something new as the tour progresses" etc. People will consider buying tickets to future shows depending on what the band will come up with from the get-go after the Covid break – the Hershey gig will be very important in this sense IMO. 

I would wager that 99% of concert goers are not buying tickets based on the setlist at the first show. These are casuals, they want to hear the classics and have a fun night out. Whether a new song is included has little importance to them. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I would wager that 99% of concert goers are not buying tickets based on the setlist at the first show. These are casuals, they want to hear the classics and have a fun night out. Whether a new song is included has little importance to them. 

Yes, the casuals. But this pattern may have changed in the current situation. We've talked about this - people are hungry for music, and loads of other bands have been releasing and playing new stuff. The casuals have already ticked their box "seen Axl with Slash again" in the recent years. Besides, this division into just hard-cores vs. casuals is too black and white in my view. It's not just forum nutters vs. "what's SCOM" fans. A substantial quantity of people may be somewhere between... Even though it may not completely depend on the very first show, it will indicate a lot, and the beginning of the tour undoubtedly will have an impact on the later ticket sales. 

Edit: Especially in a situation where there's no rush, no sold-out shows. I was waiting it out in 2020, and so were several other people I talked with. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Maybe the first week or so of shows, because by then we'll have seen if they're doing anything different.

No, they'll need to set the bar high at the first show back if they want a spike in ticket sales. The show in New Jersey is less than a week later and is selling quite poorly, and I can't see the available seats for the Boston show, but you can still easily get $29 tickets for the first few shows...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

No, they'll need to set the bar high at the first show back if they want a spike in ticket sales. The show in New Jersey is less than a week later and is selling quite poorly, and I can't see the available seats for the Boston show, but you can still easily get $29 tickets for the first few shows...

Oh yeah I see what you mean then.

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

i agree. I consider myself a hardcore fan like anyone else who resides on this forum, but im not deluded enough to think that the majority want a new song, they just want the hits.

Edited by Tadsy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

$29?!?! 🤯

35 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea a lot of shows on this leg have heavily discounted prices. There was one or two shows with $25 tickets available the other day...

Crikey - I knew it was bad but that’s  awful if they are so cheap and STILL not selling. I guess that’s what happens when you revisit places you’ve been to recently on what many guess is a similar show and right after peak pandemic.

I really hope the throw a curveball and either a have a refreshed show with rarities/new stuff.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1