Hard School

3 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

SMKC APOCALYPTIC LOVE

First SMKC single was You're A Lie

3 hours ago, adamsapple said:

I'd be more interested in them coming up with an original song by this current lineup.

I think we'll get that too.

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

For what it’s worth, I think this version is a lot better than the original demo. If the new album really is the village tracks, but reworked into this style, then I’m all for it.

I agree, I really dig this version.

3 hours ago, adamsapple said:

I don't get the excitement though. If the song wasn't good enough to be on Chinese that was probably for a reason and to me it really does sound like something you would use as filler or take off an album when you have actual songs.

The Village version is in my opinion a lot better than a lot on Chinese Democracy, so excuse me for being excited :D Just hope they don't make it worse. Not entirely sold on Slash's leads, seems a bit simple, but I will await any judgment until I hear a better recording.

• Like 1

The instrumental is more improved, however I think the make it or break it factor will be Axl's vocals.  If he kills it, and the band goes along with his energy as he kills is and gives it a bit more momentum I bet it could sound fantastic. 

• Like 1

Haven’t been active in months due to the pandemic but headed to the Boston show with my girlfriend (Red Sox are my favorite baseball team and I’m a die hard fan.) This seemed like a perfect show to attend since I love the city and my girlfriend has never been but is a fan of GNR. I would call her more versed than the casual but less than a die hard. She likes them and is very excited. 

after hearing the hard school news I played the demo for her. She loved it and now can’t wait to hear it (hopefully)

our but question for the people at soundcheck, did locomotive get checked? That’s one of our favorite songs and last show I saw it Hartford it haven’t debuted yet so I’m really hoping to hear it this time around considering I won’t be hearing 14 years any time soon lol

I for one loved the way they played it. What I disliked the most about the demo was the tone of the guitar. Slash makes it sound so much rawer and that's exactly what I hoped for. Even the outro sounds much better here. 

I fear that this is the kind of a song that doesn't really fit Axl's current voice very well though. But I hope Axl proves me wrong.

15 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

Like I said it before, this is just basically another CD song that is just being played by Slash. Unlike an all new written song, this one has no mystique to it because we've heard it all before. 

We around here have heard it (or what it was in 2000/1) but the vast majority of paying public will have no idea IMO.

1 hour ago, Lies They Tell said:

I for one loved the way they played it. What I disliked the most about the demo was the tone of the guitar. Slash makes it sound so much rawer and that's exactly what I hoped for. Even the outro sounds much better here. 

I fear that this is the kind of a song that doesn't really fit Axl's current voice very well though. But I hope Axl proves me wrong.

I’d still take it even if he was vocally wobbly. As long as we get a killer studio version I’m cool with that!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, it's not an "all new written song", but no, it's not just "another CD song that is just being played by Slash."

It's an unreleased song significantly reworked by the current band, which we, forum fans, happen to have heard a demo of from 20 years ago (although the band didn't intend us to). It's not the band's fault that we've heard it, and it's not our fault either, but everybody else hasn't heard it - in fact, not even all active forum members have heard it, because there are fans who are not interested or just refuse to hear anything from the nu era - so it will be new to them and to the rest of the world.

My hunch is they dusted it off because the leaks. It was a reworked Atlas that was rumored years ago when the big 3 regrouped. Hope we get both this tour!

• Like 3