We're F'N Back! Tour 2021 North America (DISCUSSION)

13 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

NIN and Neil Young just cancelled tours/shows. I wonder how long this one is going to go. I just hope it makes it to Vegas because my flights are non-refundable. We are also doing Wrigley, Milwaukee and possibly Indy, but I'm starting to wonder if it'll make it that far. I don't have tix for any because I'm waiting for prices to keep dropping, but this sucks. 

Neil Young canceled his appearance at 1 show (Farm Aid) that he has scheduled but it’s still happening.  NIN chose to cancel 2 shows they had scheduled in Cleveland over a month from now and dropped out of appearing at like 3 festivals. Those festivals are still happening as of now.

Reznor and Young, to put it nicely, think quite highly of themselves and like to signal how righteous they are whenever possible. I wouldn’t get too worried about GNR canceling just because they did. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

NIN and Neil Young just cancelled tours/shows. I wonder how long this one is going to go. I just hope it makes it to Vegas because my flights are non-refundable. We are also doing Wrigley, Milwaukee and possibly Indy, but I'm starting to wonder if it'll make it that far. I don't have tix for any because I'm waiting for prices to keep dropping, but this sucks. 

Kings of Leon just played Detroit last night, then announced today their next show is canceled due to Covid. Garth Brooks canceled the rest of his 2021 stadium tour, all of which were sold out dates. 

Shit. This does suck. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Neil Young canceled his appearance at 1 show (Farm Aid) that he has scheduled but it’s still happening.  NIN chose to cancel 2 shows they had scheduled in Cleveland over a month from now and dropped out of appearing at like 3 festivals. Those festivals are still happening as of now.

Reznor and Young, to put it nicely, think quite highly of themselves and like to signal how righteous they are whenever possible. I wouldn’t get too worried about GNR canceling just 

I understand that they had light schedules, but Farm Aid is Neil Young's thing. Garth Brooks canceled six stadium shows. Believe me, I certainly hope it doesn't come to that. 

It's a totally insane situation at the moment when it comes to shows.

Think about how much cash goes in to the average show for most attendees.

Ticket prices, travel, accommodation, food... all go to waste if a single person on the crew tests positive.

It just makes it much more hassle to actually go to events again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoBucky said:

I understand that they had light schedules, but Farm Aid is Neil Young's thing. Garth Brooks canceled six stadium shows. Believe me, I certainly hope it doesn't come to that. 

True that Neil helped found Farm Aid but his cofounders Willie and Mellencamp disagree with him on canceling the gig which I think says quite a bit in this case. 

As for Garth, he only cancelled 5 shows that tickets were sold for and has stated he hopes to reschedule them to happen before the end of the year. If GNR’s shows are cancelled they won’t be rescheduled again. 

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

No chance it gets cancelled (I'm in Indianapolis)...They couldn't move it to the basketball arena here as that is currently being renovated....they are dropping ticket prices early for this one.  Floor tickets and 100 level tickets used to be $200 are now $150 and I believe those will drop more.  200 level tickets were $150 are now $60......I have 300 level tickets and am waiting until 100 level or floor level tickets drop to or below the price for the tickets we have to upgrade.

When it comes showtime I can see them closing off upper level sections and moving peeps who have tickets up there to lower level section tickets for free (they did this in Cincy when they closed the whole upper level of one side of the stadium day of show in 2016).

I'll be in Indiana during the show and am thinking about keeping an eye on pit tickets. If they get dirt cheap, I'll be going to the show. With covid and all, at least if you're in the pit, you can kind of wander to where you want to be instead of being stuck in a seat next to someone hacking.

9 minutes ago, blackmore said:

The Band is fuckin back and Axls Voice is fuckin gone.

Yeah, I know some fans are denying it's a vocal issue to blame for why they haven't played Hard Skool yet... some guy on here said Axl wouldn't let that stop him when he's been sounding crap on Better and other songs in the set, but maybe he doesn't want to introduce a new song to the world sounding like shit? I kinda get it. It's tricky having a singer who can't really pull off much of his own music these days. 

I'm convinced at this stage, that the sole reason Absurd was the new song was because it was one of the only ones Axl could actually still "sing."

Edited by Towelie

• 2 weeks later...

Why they dont play Shadow Of Your Love on this tour? Axl sounds really good on this song and I think it's listed as alt song on setlist. 

Also why Duff dont play So Fine? They only playing I Wanna Be Your Dog on this tour. We criticize Axl for singing the same songs, but what’s the excuse for not changing songs when Duff sings? He only sang Attitude for years and they finally changed and played So Fine in Mexico 2020, and they don’t play it anymore.

There are a lot of songs that could change from show to show to make things feel fresh. (Locomotive, TAY, PTU, SOYL...)

C'mon, shake things up. :axl::duff::slash:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Why they dont play Shadow Of Your Love on this tour? Axl sounds really good on this song and I think it's listed as alt song on setlist. 

Also why Duff dont play So Fine? They only playing I Wanna Be Your Dog on this tour. We criticize Axl for singing the same songs, but what’s the excuse for not changing songs when Duff sings? He only sang Attitude for years and they finally changed and played So Fine in Mexico 2020, and they don’t play it anymore.

There are a lot of songs that could change from show to show to make things feel fresh. (Locomotive, TAY, PTU, SOYL...)

C'mon, shake things up. :axl::duff::slash:

The only reason I was excited for So Fine was to see Duff duet with Axl. Then they play it and.. Axl doesn't sing on it. So we're not missing out much

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

I really wanted to go to one of the Hollywood, FL shows but holy shit are these tickets expensive. I got a nosebleed for like $80 when they came to JAX in 2019 but here they’re like $200 minimum. With the extra cost of distance from where I’m at there just no way I can financially see them on this tour. Tickets are fucking ridiculous rn

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I really wanted to go to one of the Hollywood, FL shows but holy shit are these tickets expensive. I got a nosebleed for like $80 when they came to JAX in 2019 but here they’re like $200 minimum. With the extra cost of distance from where I’m at there just no way I can financially see them on this tour. Tickets are fucking ridiculous rn

Haven't a lot of them been heavily reduced or free though? People seem to have been picking them up for next to nothing. Might be worth waiting? 

I agree though- the prices are outrageous. I couldn't pay it, personally. 

Just now, allwaystired said:

Haven't a lot of them been heavily reduced or free though? People seem to have been picking them up for next to nothing. Might be worth waiting? 

I agree though- the prices are outrageous. I couldn't pay it, personally. 

I’m keeping an eye on it. I’d think I’d bite the bullet for $100-$120. It’s 2 days away from my birthday so my family would probably financially help me as well, but I’d feel horrible asking them to buy me a ticket that price for a meh seat. The Ubers are also gonna be mad pricy since it’s a few hours drive for me and I don’t have a car

7 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’m keeping an eye on it. I’d think I’d bite the bullet for $100-$120. It’s 2 days away from my birthday so my family would probably financially help me as well, but I’d feel horrible asking them to buy me a ticket that price for a meh seat. The Ubers are also gonna be mad pricy since it’s a few hours drive for me and I don’t have a car

Entirely based on what other people have been saying here, I"m sure you'll get something significantly under face value. 

Not sure there's much to be done about the cost of the taxis though! 

On 9/1/2021 at 12:18 PM, allwaystired said:

Entirely based on what other people have been saying here, I"m sure you'll get something significantly under face value. 

Not sure there's much to be done about the cost of the taxis though! 

The FL shows are at a small 9,000 seat venue, might not be a ton of discounted tix.  Face value for the lower sections is over 400 bucks though..

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

The FL shows are at a small 9,000 seat venue, might not be a ton of discounted tix.  Face value for the lower sections is over 400 bucks though..

Wow. No way in hell I'd pay that for any gig, even if I could. 

I detest that live music on a big scale has become the exclusive domain of the wealthy. Sad times. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Wow. No way in hell I'd pay that for any gig, even if I could. 

I detest that live music on a big scale has become the exclusive domain of the wealthy. Sad times. 

Gone to one already and going to AC next weekend. We aren’t poor nor are we wealthy.

I get what you are saying but really it depends on what your “priorities” are and what you choose to spend your “extra” cash on.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, B5Redeye said:

Gone to one already and going to AC next weekend. We aren’t poor nor are we wealthy.

I get what you are saying but really it depends on what your “priorities” are and what you choose to spend your “extra” cash on.

I agree, I've been saving up for a few months to go to GnR and Mammoth WVH and a couple other shows. @allwaystiredis right though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, B5Redeye said:

That doesn't really change the fact that it's an obscene amount of money though and that large scale concerts are well out of the reach of people whose "priorities" are their rent and bills. 

I'm old enough to remember a time when music wasn't so elitist. It allowed me to see a lot of stuff I wouldn't be able to see now and fired up a lifetime's passion for music. Sad that others won't have that. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

With record sales revenues having dropped I suppose concerts are the way artists make a living and then the ticket prices had to be raised. Really said.

I suppose the other side of it is that music is free now so people have access to pretty much all of it if they have an internet connection and that's great. Exposure to recorded music is on a different level but the price of a ticket for a live concert is ridiculous in many cases and also some musicians are so busy making a living/making more money by performing live that they don't really have the time/same headspace/budget to make an album anymore.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

I think every single show on this leg has had prices dropped in certain sections so it's pretty obvious if they tour here again, tix will have to be cheaper. We're going to three more shows soon, and I haven't bought tix for any of them yet because I'll know they'll drop some more. We paid $59 for pit and 2nd row behind the pit in Detroit and $51 for club seats in Vegas.