Forum Service Outage

downzy

6 hours ago, jonah said:

Ever think of doing some custom T-shirt’s or anything. Just something mygnrforum related and just do like 50 shirts

also maybe if anyone is free on showdays when you close the forum you can do a twitch stream for discussion. Direct everyone there to talk and have Bezos pay the hosting cost. Revenue from that would probably be insignificant but people could still chat and you guys could respond to comments

That's a cool idea, maybe have different hosts every time. 

14 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

T-Shirt idea FRONT:

mygnrforum.com RULES! 
Rule #1: No More Links to Unofficial or Unlicensed Content :( 

T-Shirt idea BACK:

ABSURD!

I would buy that :lol:

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, James Bond said:

MyGNR toy trucks anyone? I can't imagine it'll be too hard to come up with more appealing merch than the band!

If we're going with toy trucks we might as well jump in with both feat and offer scented candles.  

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, downzy said:

If we're going with toy trucks we might as well jump in with both feat and offer scented candles.  

I dread to think what a MyGnR vagina scented candle would smell like. 😂

12 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

am i the only one not being able to access discussion and news?

10 minutes ago, 60NER said:

I can't either

9 minutes ago, ferma said:

No, I got banned notification and have no idea why. Now I can access *some* things. 

8 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Came here to post the same thing. I’m seeing threads from years ago and feel stuck in a time capsule!

11 minutes ago, Ixtlan said:

I can’t either and I don’t understand why. 

That section of the forum is only open for Club Members during live shows.  It gets re-opened to all members once the show is over.

Anyone interested in becoming a club member to access the GNR D&N section can sign up here:

https://www.mygnrforum.com/store/?/store/=

1 hour ago, downzy said:

That section of the forum is only open for Club Members during live shows.  It gets re-opened to all members once the show is over.

Anyone interested in becoming a club member to access the GNR D&N section can sign up here:

Thank you. I was confused. Thanks for everything man. Much appreciated.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2021 at 8:26 PM, downzy said:

So only certain people can partake in the conversation while the show is on? 

On 8/9/2021 at 2:26 AM, Powderfinger said:

So only certain people can partake in the conversation while the show is on? 

It's open for Club Members.  The Discussion and News section is re-opened as soon as the show finishes.  

15 hours ago, downzy said:

It's open for Club Members.  The Discussion and News section is re-opened as soon as the show finishes.  

So only certain people can partake in the conversation while the show is on. You only want to hear certain people’s opinions during the show. That’s obvious. 

I dunno, no disrespect, but with having  had a post or two deleted, and seen the same for others, the no links policy in the forum, it’s all a little fascist when I look at some other music forums and definitely other GnR forums.

Someone is being kept happy somewhere........

Initially, your statement that the website received a high volume of users during shows made sense to close the site down. But then the other forums are left online during the gigs. 
So An assholes question, but what’s to stop someone creating a thread about the gig in the “my world” section or any of the other forums left online. 

55 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

So only certain people can partake in the conversation while the show is on. You only want to hear certain people’s opinions during the show. That’s obvious. 

I dunno, no disrespect, but with having  had a post or two deleted, and seen the same for others, the no links policy in the forum, it’s all a little fascist when I look at some other music forums and definitely other GnR forums.

Someone is being kept happy somewhere........

Initially, your statement that the website received a high volume of users during shows made sense to close the site down. But then the other forums are left online during the gigs. 
So An assholes question, but what’s to stop someone creating a thread about the gig in the “my world” section or any of the other forums left online. 

The no links policy isn't of our choosing. We'd rather not do it but after several complaints made to our hosting company we had no choice. If we ignored it we'd lose our hosting. There's no conspiracy from our side and we aren't doing it to keep anybody happy. It certainly doesn't make us happy which is why I apologise when I remove the videos members post.

Keeping threads to club members whilst a show is live serves a few purposes, it reduces the volume of traffic hitting the forum in one go, gives something back to those who helped out with costs and makes the live thread a little easier to moderate.

We do open the section up again right after the show finishes so everybody does have the opportunity to discuss from that point onwards.

Threads opened in other sections would just be closed. 

I really think you're reading way too much into this. If someone is dead against becoming a club member for whatever reason, as you point out, there are other forums, there's also a reddit sub, numerous discords and Facebook groups where anyone can go chat during a live show. 

• Thanks 1