Absurd - Silkworms 2.0 ???

That would be just hilarious - the "all new show", "new music" is fucking Silkworms! With Slash! If that really is what happens next Axl is officially the biggest troll and the most delusional idiot of them all. Bring it on so we can have a good, honest laugh once again.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

It's pretty much possible to turn Silkworms into a guitar driven, more straight forward rock song instead of the Buckethead/BBF version that leaked in 2018. I even made a guitar arrangement for the 2019 demo myself for my YT channel.

But if it was real, Absurd could be a totally different track too. The Bucket/BBF version is still too damn wacky, and it still sounds like an attempt rather than a full fleshed out song.

Yeah, noticed that too. It seems like the guy didn't even fold it up. 

Also, didnt some songs had a different writing on setlists? Like "EASY" instead of "IT'S SO EASY", or "CHINESE" instead of "CHINESE DEMOCRACY"? 

Not uncommon for bands to change their wording on setlists between tours. Shit, I've got setlists from consecutive gigs on the same tour where the wording has changed (And the rare typo also) :lol: 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

So far, the comments have not disappointed  :lol:

LOL, well done prediction on your part. I've seen people praising Slash & Duff "improving" this song, when they did nothing to it at all. 

Probably the same group of people that praise Slash & Duffs "new intro" to Better when it's not new to the song at all lol

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Nesret said:

It's amazing, isn't it. I even saw comments on the infamous video platform stating they've always hated that song, but with it being "reworked" like that, it sounded so much more GnR and they actually dig it. x'D Hilarious

It's funny seeing media outlets giving favourable/rave reviews about Silkworms, yet the band responsible for it's creation were mostly mocked, particularly in the 2001/02 period. I can't help but think they're trying to keep the camp sweet for a future exclusive/interview or whatever. It's quite incredible what a few appearance/personnel changes, predominantly a top hat, can change the tune of the media. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Dean said:

It's funny seeing media outlets giving favourable/rave reviews about Silkworms, yet the band responsible for it's creation were mostly mocked, particularly in the 2001/02 period. I can't help but think they're trying to keep the camp sweet for a future exclusive/interview or whatever. It's quite incredible what a few appearance/personnel changes, predominantly a top hat, can change the tune of the media. 

I haven’t seen media commentary, but social media comments were negative as hell yesterday. People are so lame. 

• Like 1

On 8/3/2021 at 1:34 PM, Voodoochild said:

It's pretty much possible to turn Silkworms into a guitar driven, more straight forward rock song instead of the Buckethead/BBF version that leaked in 2018. I even made a guitar arrangement for the 2019 demo myself for my YT channel.

But if it was real, Absurd could be a totally different track too. The Bucket/BBF version is still too damn wacky, and it still sounds like an attempt rather than a full fleshed out song.

Yeah, noticed that too. It seems like the guy didn't even fold it up. 

Also, didnt some songs had a different writing on setlists? Like "EASY" instead of "IT'S SO EASY", or "CHINESE" instead of "CHINESE DEMOCRACY"? 

Please send us your version for "Silkworms" in your YT channel! I got curious!

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Another takeaway- IF a new album ever materializes, Fortus will also have leads

It could be just him playing Bucket parts, like he does on the CD tracks.

8 minutes ago, Todo Poderoso Timão said:

Please send us your version for "Silkworms" in your YT channel! I got curious!

Can't post it here, I'll send it on your DM. 

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

LOL, well done prediction on your part. I've seen people praising Slash & Duff "improving" this song, when they did nothing to it at all. 

Probably the same group of people that praise Slash & Duffs "new intro" to Better when it's not new to the song at all lol

So taking a part of the song that basically nobody even noticed before and putting it right out in front as a pretty badass intro is doing “nothing to it all?”  Okay…I guess arrangement as a part of songwriting is nothing. I like what they did to Better unfortunately Axl can’t and never really could sing it live worth a shit but that isn’t Slash or Duff’s fault. 

2 hours ago, Dean said:

I’m not going to get into whether or not Axl deserved to be mocked in the early 2000s, but I am curious as to which media outlets are giving this song “rave reviews?”

On 8/3/2021 at 12:29 AM, WhazUp said:

Idk, the pristine non-crinkled quality of the paper and the time stamp at the bottom seems very sketchy to me.  I am assuming fake until proved otherwise

I am just quoting this to admit that I was wrong as hell apparantely :lol:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

I’m not going to get into whether or not Axl deserved to be mocked in the early 2000s, but I am curious as to which media outlets are giving this song “rave reviews?”

UCR springs to mind. I'm sure if you look through the multiple articles that have stemmed from the performance, you'll not find many offering much in terms of criticism. 

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

So far, the comments have not disappointed  :lol:

Slash fan boy here...I hate to disappoint you (at least from my comments), but I hated it before and still do. I'm a Slash fan just because I love his soul-filled playing, but you will not see me praise this song or anything he has done on it. I think I might actually hate Slash a little now for even playing on it. :lol:

Saw everyone freaking out on Twitter about new song "Absurd", clicked the link, started listening, and nearly cut it off before I even knew it was Silkworms (only familiar with "pussy full of maggots" line on Silkworms - other than that I have not even sought out or would want to listen to leaks from what I had heard of it previously to analyze what Slash had done on it). Saw Richard soloing (whom I really like and think he fits the band well), and thought "what the hell...where is Slash"?!?!". Nearly didn't stick around for Slash's solo. Had to at that point. For me it was like watching a train wreck, and I just couldn't look away.

Haven't been on here in a LONG time and said on my last login I may come back before my accounts is deactivated from inactivity if new songs are released....but yeah...I'm done with this band!

5 minutes ago, Dean said:

UCR springs to mind. I'm sure if you look through the multiple articles that have stemmed from the performance, you'll not find many offering much in terms of criticism. 

That’s true, there hasn’t been much criticism of the song in the media articles. Although i think the initial articles are mostly just noting that they actually did something somewhat new/interesting as opposed to actually judging said newish thing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dean said:

Yeah like I've said before, if Slash had thrown a few solos on the CD album the reception would have been quite different. 

Media are 100% trying to play nice. Fans on the other hand don't what to make of the song. I have seen a few people appreciate that it's a bit different and punky. More people are saying they don't like it though.

The song is not must listen by any means, but it's a start. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

That’s true, there hasn’t been much criticism of the song in the media articles. Although i think the initial articles are mostly just noting that they actually did something somewhat new/interesting as opposed to actually judging said newish thing. 

They've certainly been making attempts at pleasing whoever within the camp may be reading. The name of the game and all of that, I suppose.

"From there, Guns N’ Roses launched into what (arguably) sounds like one of the hardest tracks in their arsenal. Blistering drums and a frantic, punk rock pace propeled the song, as Rose unleashed his aggressive vocals in a Rage Against The Machine-style delivery."