Podcasts - 2021 Edition

downzy

Figured we could start a new discussion about what podcasts everyone listens to regularly.

The obvious two podcasts everyone should be listening belong to our resident MYGNRFORUM members Brando and Russ:

Infectious Groove - Music Discussion - by @RussTCB

Appetite for Distortion - All things GNR - by @Gambit83

Outside of those two great shows, what else are people listening to fairly regularly?  

I've only recently got into podcasts as a medium.

The three I listen to regularly are:

The Ezra Klein Show - Easily my most favourite general analytical podcasts on a variety of subjects (history, politics, technology, ethics, education, etc.).  It's the show people should be listening to instead of Joe Rogan.

Revisionist History, by Malcolm Gladwell - Easily one of the most interesting content from any media platform I've come across in some time.  His episode on the moral hazards of golf (A Good Walk Ruined - season two, episode one) was fantastic.  

What Neal Feels - A humorous review of current events by comedian Neil Brennan.  Unfortunately it has been on hiatus since late June.  Anyone familiar with Brennan would enjoy this show.

I generally don't have a lot of time to listen to podcasts but when I'm outside landscaping or have longer drives ahead of me I'll usually listen to the top five shows.  Another show I'll check out on occasion (depends on the guest) is Mike Birbiglia's Working it Out podcast.  It's fun and interesting to hear how he and other comedians work out different bits for their shows.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• downzy pinned this topic
24 minutes ago, downzy said:

Figured we could start a new discussion about what podcasts everyone listens to regularly.

The obvious two podcasts everyone should be listening belong to our resident MYGNRFORUM members Brando and Russ:

Infectious Groove - Music Discussion - by @RussTCB

Appetite for Distortion - All things GNR - by @Gambit83

Outside of those two great shows, what else are people listening to fairly regularly?  

I've only recently got into podcasts as a medium.

The three I listen to regularly are:

The Ezra Klein Show - Easily my most favourite general analytical podcasts on a variety of subjects (history, politics, technology, ethics, education, etc.).  It's the show people should be listening to instead of Joe Rogan.

Revisionist History, by Malcolm Gladwell - Easily one of the most interesting content from any media platform I've come across in some time.  His episode on the moral hazards of golf (A Good Walk Ruined - season two, episode one) was fantastic.  

What Neal Feels - A humorous review of current events by comedian Neil Brennan.  Unfortunately it has been on hiatus since late June.  Anyone familiar with Brennan would enjoy this show.

I generally don't have a lot of time to listen to podcasts but when I'm outside landscaping or have longer drives ahead of me I'll usually listen to the top five shows.  Another show I'll check out on occasion (depends on the guest) is Mike Birbiglia's Working it Out podcast.  It's fun and interesting to hear how he and other comedians work out different bits for their shows.  

First, thank you for mentioning my show! Second, I would like it noted for the record that *I* wasn't the one promoting myself this time haha

Having said that...... anyone who's interested in subscribing to my weekly music podcast can do so easily here:

https://linktr.ee/Infectiousgroovepodcast

I've also got a YouTube channel that focuses on vinyl records of all genres. I put out new videos every Thursday & Saturday. Anyone interested can subscribe to the channel here:

https://youtube.com/c/InfectiousGroovePodcast

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really enjoyed Against the Rules with Michael Lewis.  

Love his books and his dives into referees (in many different contexts) and fairness were great.

Rick Rubin's podcast Broken Record is decent, though I listen to the artists I'm familiar with and enjoy their music.

Finally, the Always Sunny Podcast has been great so far.  Rob, Charlie, and Glenn (three main characters from the show) recount old episodes.  It's funny to hear how much their characters are, to a degree, built on their own personalities.   

• 4 months later...

The only podcasts I tend to listen to are true crime related, some of which are:

Murder mile

Casefile

Trace evidence

They walk among us

They walk among America 

Unseen

Unresolved

The trail went cold

True crime all the Time

True crime all the time unsolved

Morbidology

Criminology

I also listen to a few kiss pods and appetite for distortion. 

When your working alone for 7 hours a day 4 days a week and 10 hours a day 2 days a week you tend to get thru a lot of podcasts

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2022 at 6:45 PM, ssiscool said:

The only podcasts I tend to listen to are true crime related, some of which are:

Murder mile

Casefile

Trace evidence

They walk among us

They walk among America 

Unseen

Unresolved

The trail went cold

True crime all the Time

True crime all the time unsolved

Morbidology

Criminology

I also listen to a few kiss pods and appetite for distortion. 

When your working alone for 7 hours a day 4 days a week and 10 hours a day 2 days a week you tend to get thru a lot of podcasts

I don't listen to any podcasts, generally don't know anything about them, was just curious, so I peeked here. Anyway, judging from your post, you might like this YT channel I came across the other day. There used to be more videos, but it's still awesome. 

https://www.youtube.com/c/JCSCriminalPsychology/videos

• 3 months later...
On 5/12/2022 at 6:46 PM, jamillos said:

I don't listen to any podcasts, generally don't know anything about them, was just curious, so I peeked here. Anyway, judging from your post, you might like this YT channel I came across the other day. There used to be more videos, but it's still awesome. 

https://www.youtube.com/c/JCSCriminalPsychology/videos

Sorry, only just seen this. Deffo worth watching those. Thanks

• Like 1