VIP Tour Bag

1 hour ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

It's so funny they hand out such a big bag for like two pieces of paper and a pin.

I think the point is that they want you to go to the merch stand and buy more stuff to fill it with.  as if enough money wasn't spent already.  

Geez- no toy truck?  oh wait, I guess they already know that you don't give those out to folks within throwing distance of Axl.....

I think if covid wasnt an issue and they toured again the VIP stuff would be better, it feels like they had to get the cheapest stuff asap. Compared to other bands VIP swag, I've seen ID 9 times since 2017 and each time they do VIP they give you merch like shirts, hats and a bunch of other cool stuff, they let us on stage to see all the instruments and stuff they use on stage, we could actually try stuff out. They took pictures, the food tent had a ton of stuff catered from snacks to BBQ. But at the same time VIP wasnt 400 or 900 for ID like it is for GNR. 

Do they at least still let people tour the stage and have the backstage dinner/drinks stuff they used to do? The merch is crazy cheap these days. We did the early entry VIP at the first Vegas show and they sent us a big box full of really nice swag made just for those two shows. 

On 8/3/2021 at 8:11 AM, Tourettes2400 said:

These were posted on GN'R fan spot the other day. Another member shared the pics

230587675_10158419042470488_892344345487230059656_10158419042530488_721868716506230320027_10158419042615488_740416334706231672924_10158419042680488_214762581156229605052_10158419042785488_463715079647

That's it? What a ripoff.

On 8/3/2021 at 9:47 AM, allwaystired said:

$300! It's absolutely incredible. 

Wasn't the Locked and Loaded set selling for less than that at one point? They could have given them all one of those! 

That's a great idea, and would be more worth the price.

15 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

That's it? What a ripoff.

That's a great idea, and would be more worth the price.

I'd also enjoy the idea of seeing someone in the crowd holding one for the duration of the show! 

Joking aside anything would be better than a plastic bag and a couple of pieces of card for $300. It really is laughably poor, like one of those 'magical Christmas experiences' you read about every year which turn out to pathetic, elves and Santa's smoking and drinking, mud everywhere, a few fairy lights, that sort of thing. 

• Like 1

I don't get this modern day infantilization of adults by selling them all kinds of cheap plastic crap. Unsustainable plastic pieces of junk made dirt cheap in China. It's even worse when rock bands do it. Have some dignity.

I get buying t-shirts that you can wear or buying posters that you can frame, but this kind of crap? Yuck!

Edited by jekylhyde
  • Like 2

Just now, jekylhyde said:

I don't get this modern day infantilization of adults by selling them all kinds of cheap plastic crap. Unsustainable plastic pieces of junk made dirt cheap in China. It's even worse when rock bands do it. Have some dignity.

I get buying t-shirts that you can wear or buying posters that you can frame, but this kind of crap? Yuck!

I don't get buying it more than selling it! 

If you took this 'VIP swag' to a pawn shop they would laugh you out of the building. Utterly useless rubbish. 

On my one foray into Nightrain (I know, I know) I got a shirt (fair enough) and a 'VIP lanyard'. What do grown adults DO with things like that? Wear it and strut around the house? I felt like a kid joining the Dennis The Menace fanclub. In fact, when I joined that aged 6 I got a wallet, which was probably more adult. 

But, if people want to get badge, a sticker and a laminate for $300, people are always going to be there to sell it to them! 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

On 8/3/2021 at 4:11 PM, Tourettes2400 said:

These were posted on GN'R fan spot the other day. Another member shared the pics

230587675_10158419042470488_892344345487230059656_10158419042530488_721868716506230320027_10158419042615488_740416334706231672924_10158419042680488_214762581156229605052_10158419042785488_463715079647

That's a lot of money for what you're actually getting. Do you get to meet any of the band as well?

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I don't get buying it more than selling it! 

If you took this 'VIP swag' to a pawn shop they would laugh you out of the building. Utterly useless rubbish. 

On my one foray into Nightrain (I know, I know) I got a shirt (fair enough) and a 'VIP lanyard'. What do grown adults DO with things like that? Wear it and strut around the house? I felt like a kid joining the Dennis The Menace fanclub. In fact, when I joined that aged 6 I got a wallet, which was probably more adult. 

But, if people want to get badge, a sticker and a laminate for $300, people are always going to be there to sell it to them! 

I liked the nigghttain robot tshirt. But the laminate? I guess people collect them so someone is enjoying it

1 minute ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

lol

Just Del James and Tom Mahue

Just now, Tom2112 said:

I liked the nigghttain robot tshirt. But the laminate? I guess people collect them so someone is enjoying it

Just Del James and Tom Mahue

Yeah, I did wear that a bit actually. Feels a bit embarrassing wearing GNR shirts now they sell them in every shop and people like the cast of Love Island wander around in them. 

I started to feel a bit of a prat wearing GNR shirts. I'll probably get them out again once it gets back to the only people who wearing them actually being a fan of the music! 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah, I did wear that a bit actually. Feels a bit embarrassing wearing GNR shirts now they sell them in every shop and people like the cast of Love Island wander around in them. 

I started to feel a bit of a prat wearing GNR shirts. I'll probably get them out again once it gets back to the only people who wearing them actually being a fan of the music! 

I've felt like a prat for years listening to gnr, I have to shame left so the gnr tshirts remain🤠

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I'd also enjoy the idea of seeing someone in the crowd holding one for the duration of the show! 

Joking aside anything would be better than a plastic bag and a couple of pieces of card for $300. It really is laughably poor, like one of those 'magical Christmas experiences' you read about every year which turn out to pathetic, elves and Santa's smoking and drinking, mud everywhere, a few fairy lights, that sort of thing. 

They used to do these cool VIP books. I bought one in 2016 I think when they were selling the extra stock. The VIP stuff back then was really cool, better than these cheap items.

Just now, MaskingApathy said:

They used to do these cool VIP books. I bought one in 2016 I think when they were selling the extra stock. The VIP stuff back then was really cool, better than these cheap items.

Yeah, the ones with the replica tickets and guitar picks in? They were really good. Time and effort were put into them. Miles away from this nonsense. 

• Like 1